Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think the guy who owns the internet is going to kick Pyongyang off for having no working knowledge of Super Metroid or Metroid Prime....
    Bloody hell!
    You own as many Cave shooters as you like, but if you ain't those you are only a plastic retrogames fan, like Retr0 used to be, before he got a NES...

Pity he spent that gaming kudos, in full, by picking up the CDi and Overblood 2, poor boy has to start from scratch now!

And as for the size of Atavans member, I honestly have no clue, I'm sure it's what the ladeez call "ample" or something, I'm sorry I brought it up, I'm sure we can get over it and that no double entres mentioned in my haste will be erected to my eternal shame, nor will this episode revisit, like a thingy in the night.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well this just arrived today

IMG_20120605_194055.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm sure we can get over it and that no double entres mentioned in my haste will be erected to my eternal shame, nor will this episode revisit, like a thingy in the night.....

Yeah right! The A&R regualrs are like elephants. They never forget.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

nuxxx wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, I ordered a game from lukiegames which was expensive aswell around 35$ and used the budget shipping option. It was shipped a few days after yours and still haven't seen it. Usually games from the US for me anyway arrive in under 8 days including weekends. You used the budget shipping option too?

Yeah I did. I've ordered tonnes from him before so trust him. Hopefully it's just An Post holding things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I picked up a boxed Amiga 500+ and a boxed C64 at a car boot sale on Sunday evening. Both working great and paid Mickey mouse money for them. 40 for both. I'm very happy! :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Achilles wrote: »
    Anybody know how to get Paypal to help me get a refund for the item that never showed up?

How do you set up a dispute on paypal?

Im still waiting on a few bits for the last month or so:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

mondeo wrote: »
    I picked up a boxed Amiga 500+ and a boxed C64 at a car boot sale on Sunday evening. Both working great and paid Mickey mouse money for them. 40 for both. I'm very happy! :D.

Jammy git:D

Where was the boot sale btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nope. Never played them. When Super Metroid was released, I remember Super Play gave it 96%, or something like that. Can I buy the NTSC-J copy and play it or is it text heavy in places or decision making sequences?

Anyway, I have to go take some photos of today's GET! action. Here's a little taster for you. No SHMUPS action today....BUT...one of these items is MEGA.*

*well, in my humble opinion it is. I bet Anthony Julius Williamson T-Bone Xavier III 76 a colossal €807 Jillion today and he never guessed what it was. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Anthony Julius Williamson T-Bone Xavier III 76

Ah here, enlighten me as to how thats his new handle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Jammy git:D

Where was the boot sale btw?

In Killinarden in tallaght, there was a primary school there with a few cars in it. I just got lucky, I feel kinda embarrassed about it lol. :D

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ah here, enlighten me as to how thats his new handle :D

Dunno. Just is. :D

OK, here is todays GET! action. I received:

Suzuka 8 Hours [NTSC-J, Super Famicom, CIB]
    Not an amazing game by any means, but just look at that cover art! I personally think it's one of the best pieces of box art EVER. That's the main reason I bought this game, plus it's an average racer but good enough to pass the time.

What really surprised me is the condition of this game. The box is virtually flawless, the manual and RC-OCD is crisp and clean. The manual has probably never been opened before. It even has a weird NAMCOT warranty card in it (WC-OCD? :pac:).

But forget all that, just look again at the cover art! It's utterly stunning and truly captures the essence of a racing game. LOVE IT!

ibpnV2DP1NHJfx.jpg
    iblcBanjtecgin.jpg

Bing! Bing! Bingo [NTSC-J, Super Famicom, CIB]
    The pick of today's GET! action for me. I've wanted to own this game since I first played it in 1993. Another box that's amazingly almost in mint condition too. Anyway, this is one of my favourite games of all-time. If you haven't played this bizarre bingo game yet, do yourself a favour and PLAY IT! It's absolutely BRILLIANT!

ibalBviLTGGKp.JPG

Game Center CX: Companion Book [Japanese Text]
    No obi unfortunately, although it has the dust sleeve. I don't think this shipped with an obi anyway according to my research.

This is a hybrid book of sorts. On the one half it takes you through all the video games played on the show, divided by publisher (Taito, Sega, Konami etc) and the other segment of the book is full of drawings and sketches by the staff (or AD's) and interviews and so on.

Very cool book indeed. I like it a lot. Good to practise my Japanese skills with too!

ilv4whHMpyhq8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Bing! Bing! Bingo [NTSC-J, Super Famicom, CIB]

Game Center CX: Companion Book [Japanese Text]
    No obi unfortunately
    I forgot about Bing! Bing! Bingo, thanks for reminding me about it, used to play it a small bit. Loved the wack a mole kinda mini game.
    Is there an obi with the book? no way, what's it look like? pity I can only read a, n, se, ra, no and mo atm, it's still more than something people I guess :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Not an amazing game by any means, but just look at that cover art! I personally think it's one of the best pieces of box art EVER. That's the main reason I bought this game, plus it's an average racer but good enough to pass the time.

What really surprised me is the condition of this game. The box is virtually flawless, the manual and RC-OCD is crisp and clean. The manual has probably never been opened before. It even has a weird NAMCOT warranty card in it (WC-OCD? :pac:).

But forget all that, just look again at the cover art! It's utterly stunning and truly captures the essence of a racing game. LOVE IT!

ibpnV2DP1NHJfx.jpg
    iblcBanjtecgin.jpg

I need this item in my life immediately.

Was there an arcade version of this? Have vague recollections of hearing the title being shouted at me from an arcade machine down in Trabolgan in the 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's a collection I've had complete for a while now, but it's been spread around different storage spots. First time I've managed to get them all in one place - hurrah!!!

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

I feckin love these boxes and labels (thans again Pyong! I still have plenty more to put together, it's kinda fun in a geeky way). In my infinite wisdom, I didn't order a label for Metal Slug 5. It's in there though, I swear!

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Metal Slug 3, my fav of the lot.
    Right, time to power up the candy for a blast of it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Box art is feckin gorgeous on that one. Nice!

@Armand Van Halen: There was indeed an arcade version of Suzuka 8 Hours. The Super Famicom version is alright, just a mode 7 racer really. I like it though, amazing that folk concur that the cover art is awesome. Its up there with the Mega CD version of Night Striker as one of my all time favourite pieces of game art.

@Pantrylad: Lovely collection! Glad you like the neominiboxes! Though your collection is still missing one game!

@Sera: I don't think the book has an obi strip. I saw an episode of the show recently where they were at a shop in Akihabara and saw the book on display and it had no obi...?

Bing! Bing! Bingo is awesome isn't it? My favourite mini game is the Pilotwings-style parachute level.

@JuliusWilliamson76: I know! :)

Master of the Universe

@Pantrylad: Lovely collection! Glad you like the neominiboxes! Though your collection is still missing one game!

I may have to get that guy's contact details from you to order a few more miniboxes and labels, great little yolks so they are.

As for one game - you are wrong sir! That's every Neo Geo MVS Metal Slug game there is. Unless there is some Metal Slug Mushi Mushi Futari Black Label DX Gaiden version with success letter I don't know about? :p

Other than that, all I need now is Metal Slug 6 for the Atomiswave and Metal Slug 7 for the DS...then I think that's them all? (excluding the millions of ports that is)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's the crappy GBA Metal Slug as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So some stuff just landed on my desk... The Vinyl record actually finally got here...

The Dreamcast tower is from a colleague that found it in his attic the other day...

416551_4231853277381_982935880_o.jpg

Master of the Universe

I've been meaning to pick up that Sega Vinyl for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages now. It's just such an oddity, great to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's the crappy GBA Metal Slug as well.

That's the only one I have. :o

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've been meaning to pick up that Sega Vinyl for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages now. It's just such an oddity, great to have!

Yeah it rarely pops up anywhere, get yourself an account on Discogs and put it on your watchlist that's how I got mine.

It didn't come with the cover though so I have no idea what number the Vinyl is.

Ohh well I was more interested in owning it than for it's collector value if that makes sense...

I have the Dreamcast one too.

Well my game from Lukie games arrived, a bit late but arrived eventually. I got this:

51vOYv0wdjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I know it's not the best game in the world but like all Warp games I'm expecting something really flawed and interesting.

I'd say our packages both got stuck with the same Customs retards...

Also wasn't there a Pal release of D2 called something else?

I'm pretty sure that it never got a PAL release, nothing on wikipedia anyway.

Ohh ok fair enough I must be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

not on topic but dat price!
    picked these up for 7c each with free postage
    2cr7nzd_th.jpg
    ^clickable

• Advertisement

How much was that copy of D2 just out of curiosity?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement