Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insanity Workout: Anyone try it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Had a terrible week myself. Should be ploughing through week 4 but instead I only managed 1 workouts and 2 rugby training sessions. Also went to KFC twice in 3days and I had a Chinese midweek. Went to gym today and feared the worse. Down 1 lb. Couldn't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Atilladehun, I just wasn't seeing any results at all. I had measured myself last watching what I was eating. Confirming it was good using my fitness plan. I just found it frustrating. I was outting my all into it.
    I took the rest of the week off and I'm going to go back running and swimming from Monday. I'll continue with my fitness plan. I plan to go back to insanity in sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Had a terrible week myself. Should be ploughing through week 4 but instead I only managed 1 workouts and 2 rugby training sessions. Also went to KFC twice in 3days and I had a Chinese midweek. Went to gym today and feared the worse. Down 1 lb. Couldn't believe it.

I guess it depends what you were eating alongside the KFC. Even just doing it twice a week along with rugby, you're still burning a lot of calories. Plus you're metabolism has probably gone through the roof recently. My appetite is completley out of control recently, I can't stop eating:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 greengog25

Hi, I'm going into my last week of insanity, over the last few months I started it and never finished it so in May I went back to month one and started month two, however I started slacking and left it for a few weeks (I play gaelic football so that took up some of my time), so went back to the start of month two again in July and I'm almost there!
    It took a while to get used to the longer workouts in month two but I love them now, I can't say ive stuck to the program religiously as I'm still football training and playing games but I can definately seen results, I don't recall ever been able to see a hint of muscle tone on my stomach and now I can, the results really do speak for themselves, it does require a lot of effort though. It wasn't until month two that I started seeing results, I find the fit test much easier, I have also taken measurements, I havent lost inches but I've toned up everywhere.
    Only problem now is what to do when I'm finished, not sure if I want to start all over again, might try the T25 workout.
    Stick to it though it really is worth it!

I downloaded T25. It seems like a pretty big step down compared to Insanity, there's different grades of difficult but even the harder ones still seem easy. I'll give it a go but I might try the Asylum one or P90. Only problem is that some of them require additional equipment to do some of the exercises.

• Advertisement

allybhoy wrote: »
    Yeh i couldnt physically do it last night when i got in, I was shattered. Going to do last nights video tonight isntead and take yesterday as my rest day.

You'll do yourself a bad injury if you keep at it so hard, then there will be no insanity and no soccer. As Shaun T says himself - listen to your body.

Started this 2 weeks ago. I play sports and also hit the gym and cycle so i am trying to fit in maybe 4 sessions a week if possible.

I love it. I sweat more than i ever have in my life (even in a sauna). I came back from a rest day and did pure cardio this evening - the rest day is a great help and i felt terrific after it.

I'm looking forward to month 2 if only to see how much tougher it is.

Good luck. You certainly sound like your enjoying it. Keep us all posted on your progress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

No updates lately, so heres mine, didnt have the greatest week ever after a decent one last week... bank holiday monday didnt manage to get a video done, Done one Tuesday, had football Weds so didnt do one, but then last night instead of doing the cardio recovery i done Tuesdays instead, ill get one done tonight but then im heading away for the weekend in the morning so wont be able to get one done...so only 3 videos this week. Back at it hard next week

allybhoy wrote: »
    No updates lately, so heres mine, didnt have the greatest week ever after a decent one last week... bank holiday monday didnt manage to get a video done, Done one Tuesday, had football Weds so didnt do one, but then last night instead of doing the cardio recovery i done Tuesdays instead, ill get one done tonight but then im heading away for the weekend in the morning so wont be able to get one done...so only 3 videos this week. Back at it hard next week

aye, its hard to keep to the 60 day plan so rigidly. it doesnt give much scope for bank holidays or weddings or a hard day at work anything like that.

Anyone following Shaun T on facebook? He posts alot of stuff including these daily 5 min workouts which you are suppose to after your normal workouts, be that T25, Insanity, P90 or whatever.

anyway, every 4 or 5 days he posts a pic of himself looking knackered, needing a rest, in bed or whatever. He always looks f**ked :D tbh.
    So if he needs to take an odd day off, thats good enough for me to do it too!

So I was doing bronco kicks during max interval sports training. When I went to kick, I kicked way too high, so I kinda ended up doing this handstand but I couldn't stop my legs from over rotating, ended up toppling over myself and landing on top of a chair that I have my laptop on. Made me laugh (even though it hurt like hell at the time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I hurt my lower back 2 weeks ago today doing the warm-up for one of these sessions. I don't know how it happened, but it meant I wasn't able to exercise for about 10 days and was very stiff doing anything normal.

That all cleared up last weekend and on Tuesday I started month 1 again, with a view to restarting the whole program again this coming Monday. Anyway, when doing month 1 the first time around I could never manage more than a dozen or so switch kicks, and I identified it as one of those exercises that I could never imagine doing a full minute of. Well, today I did a full minute of switch kicks!

It's interesting to see how much more able for month 1 I am having gone through month 2 as well. Now I need to focus on my shoulders as I still can't do ski abs or in & outs for long without my shoulders giving way.

Those F'ing switch kicks.:D I actually went backwards on the number of them I could do in a minute in the 2nd and 3rd fitness test compared to the day1 fitness test.

I got better at them ... eventually. Still can't do them for 60 seconds solid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I finished my third round on insanity on sunday. What I'm really happy about is managing not to miss a single day of it(which was difficult at times), the missus used to joke that I was spending more time with Shaun T than I was with her. Overall I'm down from 12st to 10st(i'm 5ft10) which I'm happy about(original goal was 10½) I did go below 10 a couple of times but when that happened I just ate more food to get back up. The reason I did it the third time was that my bro wanted someone to do it while he was doing it so I figured why the heck not. Much more toned now than I was at the start, sleep is much better now and I don't eat so much ****e anymore :D

Before I started I used to only go for the odd run but didnt really work out, I don't think I can go back to not working now so its quite a positive change for me so yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

is anyone doing their workouts in the morning?

It's probably the only time I could do it 6 days a week. Waking up and straight into it sounds daunting enough even though i quite often go for morning runs etc

IvoryTower wrote: »
    is anyone doing their workouts in the morning?

It's probably the only time I could do it 6 days a week. Waking up and straight into it sounds daunting enough even though i quite often go for morning runs etc

I do it every morning, though I've been going to the gym in the morning for years so it wasn't too much of a change. I get up at 6, get my stuff ready for the day and start working out at around 6:30. 30 minutes is enough time for me to wake up properly.

When we first moved over here I was waking up and starting Insanity within 10 minutes due to time constraints - that was not a pleasant experience!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I used to be able to workout in the morning when I lived in Oz but so much harder in Ireland.

Do people get involved with the diets and food they sell or just try to eat clean?

I just try to eat clean and during the week pass with flying colours, though still struggle at the weekend. Still see improvements though, which makes it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

I think it is a good workout, I have seen lots of good review about it.

Had my first pre-season training this week for the team I play soccer with. We did these circuits that weren't too far off what you do while doing insanity. Found myself going full belt through each circuit and was ahead of the others, Insanity is amazing for what it does for one's fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

Just started the fit test this morning not feeling right after it at all. Suppose that's what I get for being inactive for so long even though my work would be fairly physical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i know the feeling man, I got a bit of a shock when I done it, was in bits after the warmup

Just thought I'd post something I saw on facebook yesterday.

Prestige fitness on the kylemore Rd in d12 are running official insanity classes/challenge. Starts this Saturday the 6th.

Google it for more details.

Costs appear to be 150 euro for 26 classes, seminars, workshops, nutrition help etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Couple quick questions, is the Insanity Workout available online, ie; youtube and the like?

How long are the workouts generally?

I ask this as I'm coming to end of 30 day shred and I really liked the results and want to continue on the same thread of HIIT.
    However, the work outs are only 20 mins and this is a major selling point for me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mink wrote: »
    Couple quick questions, is the Insanity Workout available online, ie; youtube and the like?

I ask this as I'm coming to end of 30 day shred and I really liked the results and want to continue on the same thread of HIIT.
    However, the work outs are only 20 mins and this is a major selling point for me.

The level ones are all around 40 minutes. Talking around 18 mins warmup and stretching then the workout for around 10-15 minutes, then a warmdown.

Not available online from what I am aware, well legally not available

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

Mink wrote: »

average workouts are about 40 mins something like focus t 25 which is only 25 min long.
    Dunno about availability online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ok thanks, so it's the DVD's then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

well lads has anyone completed this yet? I'm currently on week 4 and going strong by god is it tough especially doing it every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

downloading the insanity workout now. not even sure what it consists of. ill watch some of the video and see. is it a fat loss workout? muscle building?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

@marky its bit of both I'm not losing weight but I dont want to, hence why I'm taking protein shakes and not following diet plan, but I am trying to eat healthy and gave up the drink for the 60 days.

Its more about Fitness and getting toned core strength.

• Advertisement

I was doing it over the summer, but hurt my neck (not caused by Insanity) about 10 weeks ago and haven't been able to do anything since, so all of my good work has been undone :(

Once my neck is healed I'm going to get back into the gym, try to bulk for a few months and do Insanity again to lose some of the fat I'll undoubtedly put on.

I love the program though - it's very tough, but it does wonders for your general fitness.

Advertisement