Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That was a whole lot of crying about nothing. In all that I think he made two actual points. Heel faction vs heel faction and the excessive amount of talking segments. Other than that, he just whines and offers nothing as to why he is giving up. He just sounds like a crybaby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So what if there are two actual points in your view. Both are MASSIVE over riding problems that take up most of the show. Not like there's good to great Wrestling to counter balance it.

It is simply crap, dull and cheap now. The wackiness and ADD that gave TNA its charm is all gone.

rovert wrote: »
    So what if there are two actual points in your view. Both are MASSIVE over riding problems that take up most of the show. Not like there's good to great Wrestling to counter balance it.

It is simply crap, dull and cheap now. The wackiness and ADD that gave TNA its charm is all gone.

One storyline and an issue with how the show is laid out is all he has. He's just whining about nothing. If it was as bad as he claimed, he would have been able to name a whole lot more than that. If he is bored doing the write ups, just say that. No need to cry about it when he can't even think of more than two points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Impact wrestling drew circa 100 people in Bowie, Maryland. Not making much of an impact huh.

TNAMDCrowd.jpg

Bpfjz6zCQAAnmzT.jpg

BpfBzrJCMAEf0kH.jpg
    Fans who purchase a $55 ticket will meet select IMPACT WRESTLING Superstars at an early-entry autograph session at 5:30 p.m.

. http://www.impactwrestling.com/live-events/item/5677-June-6-Bowie,-MD-(World-Tour)

This isn't the first time I've seen pictures/reports of a piss-poor low gate.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    One storyline and an issue with how the show is laid out is all he has. He's just whining about nothing. If it was as bad as he claimed, he would have been able to name a whole lot more than that. If he is bored doing the write ups, just say that. No need to cry about it when he can't even think of more than two points.

gnfnrhead I really don't know what has gotten into you recently regarding TNA and why you are white knighting a irredeemable show. Bryan has pointed out a zillion issues about TNA and IMPACT in the past.

Also he doesn't do the write ups anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Am I imaging things or did F4W report part of the once-discussed TNA sale was that Bob Carter insisted Dixie be kept as on-air talent?

Rovert, anything in the vault?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Am I imaging things or did F4W report part of the once-discussed TNA sale was that Bob Carter insisted Dixie be kept as on-air talent?

Rovert, anything in the vault?

Most places did. Toby Keith/Jeff Jarrett were close to buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Geeeeeeez those picks are grim.

I was totally taken back by Paul E's comments in his Austin Podcast, about how ECW were financially not that bad when they closed shop. Can't remember was it running at a small loss or a small profit.

He contrasted it to TNA and it would be hard to question him. They must be hemeraging money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Geeeeeeez those picks are grim.

I was totally taken back by Paul E's comments in his Austin Podcast, about how ECW were financially not that bad when they closed shop. Can't remember was it running at a small loss or a small profit.

He contrasted it to TNA and it would be hard to question him. They must be hemeraging money.

He said ECW ran at a loss but claimed they could have stayed in business if they had got the PPV money they were owed. Iirc he also claimed TNA was like $50million in the red when he was talking to them a few years ago.

TNA and House of Hardcore did a worked shoot last night:
    Current TNA agent Tommy Dreamer is putting on his House of Hardcore IV event in Poughkeepsie, New York tonight and blasted TNA President Dixie Carter during an in-ring segment after Bully Ray was pulled from the show.

The segment began with Dreamer coming to the ring with Abyss and Devon. Dreamer announced that a nationally syndicated TV show would be filming tonight and for legal reasons, he can't say what it is but when it happens, we will know and react to it. Dreamer said his promotion is taking small steps like what happened last time and the coverage that Bully previously Ray brought them. He said this is another step like that.

Dreamer then said that with good news, there is bad news and said someone is missing from the ring. At that point someone yelled, "f*** you Dixie."

Dreamer was called at 11:30pm on Thursday night and informed that Bully Ray was pulled by Dixie so he could addend some sort of Spike TV show. Dreamer called Dixie a mark for Twitter and told fans to feel free to tweet her and let her know how they feel. A "f*** that b****" chant broke out next

Dreamer said that Bully wanted him to pass on an offer for the fans. If any fans are attending upcoming TNA events in Pennsylvania or New York, they can bring their HOH ticket stub and Bully will meet them for a photo and autograph. Bully said that's not for TNA, it's for the HOH fans.

Dreamer went on to say that he promises to get Dixie back for having Bully pulled from the show. Dreamer said he's tired of people like Dixie abusing people like him and the fans. He then said, "b***h, I will get you for this."

This then turned into an angle where Abyss attacked Dreamer and Devon. Abyss talked about how Dixie had kept him employed all these years. Abyss went heel on the fans and continued the attack, defending TNA. Rhino ended up coming out but turned and took out Dreamer, leading to a new main event of Dreamer and Devon vs. Abyss and Rhino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Abyss is face again? Laughed when Hardy said "We" and someone shouted "The People".

Never thought I'd say this about a guy, but Eric Young has very pointy nipples. (Now try and not see it :pac:)

But to offset that comment, nice to see Brooke's ass back, even with Rebel as her competition. Need an ass-off. Rebel reminds me a bit of Rose McGowan in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Matt Hardy will be working the New York shows teaming with Jeff. It'd be cool if they did one last Hardys vs. 3D match. Or them vs. The Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Matt Hardy will be working the New York shows teaming with Jeff. It'd be cool if they did one last Hardys vs. 3D match. Or them vs. The Wolves.

And Matt Hardy is really over in New York too

The House of Hardcore thing is carrying over onto iMPACT!, Tommy Dreamer will be on iMPACT! this week.

TNA are doing a fan vote to determine whether they'll use the four or six sided ring, which will likely result in the return of six sides. I always liked the six sided ring, it was something that clearly helped identify TNA, something you could associate with them. And I never liked why they got rid of it. Vote here.

Was always told not to talk religion, politics, sex, money or four or six sides at the Dinner table.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Impact Wrestling

FANS! This is what you've been asking for! You decide which ring we use moving forward, starting at our New York City IMPACT Tapings next week. Do we stay with 4 sides or bring back the 6 sided ring? YOUR VOTE ONLY COUNTS IF YOU VOTE HERE: http://impac.tw/1vMIz4Y

10377257_10152295213351026_8660720055313841432_n.jpg

Has to be the six sides.

As for why it went, Hogan and Bischoff. They wanted their own company without the headache of trying to get one off the ground.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Has to be the six sides.

As for why it went, Hogan and Bischoff. They wanted their own company without the headache of trying to get one off the ground.

Would love to write a Change Management paper on this promo:

I love how they respond by essentially saying shut up, we know better and take what we give you. Later in that show the crowd turned their backs on the ring after Val Venis beat Chris Daniels.

• Advertisement

Austin Aries isn't happy

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/with_replies
    What's wrong with wrestling? Letting people who've never done it, and never put their bodies on the line, run the show. #DoesntWork #4sides
    Please understand, I DO think the fans voices should be heard, and I'm all for an interactive experience, BUT I'm not sure...this is the appropriate place for it, nor do I feel the potential risk outweighs the potential benefit for the wrestlers.
    For those curious, I find #6sides to be far less forgiving on the body and harder to maneuver around, especially on the top rope. #4sides

Gail Kim agreed with him.

I'd assume the less forgiving thing could be remedied through better design?

I'd assume the less forgiving thing could be remedied through better design?

No idea. Not an engineer or a Wrestler but the I assume with wider the surface the less it takes the impact of a bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Didn't AJ Styles say because of the extra posts the ring is extra 'tight', so it's tougher to bump on?

He did say he thought it made TNA stand out from the crowd though iirc.

You could add extra padding or something. Surely there would be some way to make it easier to work in.

Some guys have all the luck:
    Bully Ray visited the "Opie and Anthony" Radio show today. He was asked about his relationship with Brooke Hogan, and he revealed Brooke and him did in fact have an off-air relationship.

Bully also revealed that he is currently dating TNA Knockout Velvet Sky.

He also talked about how his current max bench is 495, and he claims his weight loss is all legit with no steroid use.

Yeah he clearly had both bad and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Welp that's Velvet Sky ruined :P

Her new tattoo already brought her down a bit in my book. And that's the book that counts

• Advertisement

I thought Velvet Sky was with Sabin? When did that end?

Velvet gets around anyway :pac:

Advertisement