Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Xtravaganza 2 is being taped this weekend featuring Sonjay Dutt, Jigsaw, Trent Baretta and Low Ki. Four guys who should be under contract.

Thought Low Ki was injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Thought Low Ki was injured?

He worked the DGUSA shows over the weekend.

Surprised he is back so soon. It was only about six months ago he "retired" due to injury :pac:

Also dont see why Trent would want to sign with TNA. He can make a lot more on the indy scene. He seems to be in fairly high demand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

AND DID A JOB :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The second ONO this weekend is the World Cup. I hope Team Aces and 8s go all the way this time.

• Advertisement

IMPACT! tonight has The Wolves vs. The BroMans for the tag titles, Brittany vs. Gail Kim vs. ODB vs. Angelina Love for number one contendership, and a ten man gauntlet match to determine who will face Magnus at Sacrifice featuring EY, EC3, Samoa Joe, Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Gunner, Storm, Lashley, Willow and Abyss.

I'll be shocked if Joe doesn't win. They can't really hold off on the rematch for much longer.

Oh TNA what have you done this time....

YES! YES! YE...wait wrong guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

YES! YES! YE...wait wrong guy.

The booking of Magnus has been terrible so far, First have him look weak against AJ and now this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So where was Joe? MVP wasn't too clear

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So where was Joe? MVP wasn't too clear

Kidnapped by ninjas.

If Bad Influence are leaving TNA, we'll at least get one proper match vs. The Wolves. They're having a ladder match on the Xtravaganza taping tonight.

If Bad Influence are leaving TNA, we'll at least get one proper match vs. The Wolves. They're having a ladder match on the Xtravaganza taping tonight.

They'll probably have another it would be better if it was in PWG type match.

Chris Sabin's contract expires this weekend. Austin Aries MAYBE leaving too. I can't believe it to be honest. How are they meant to run TV tapings in New York without smark favourites such as those?

Mike Johnson's theory about TNA axing Brooke Tessmacher because they (Vince Russo) REALLY wanted Angelina Love back and because Angelina and Brooke have real life heat is gas too.

rovert wrote: »
    How are they meant to run TV tapings in New York without smark favourites such as those?

Easy, more Dixie promos.
    Mike Johnson's theory about TNA axing Brooke Tessmacher because they (Vince Russo) REALLY wanted Angelina Love back and because Angelina and Brooke have real life heat is gas too.

It's like EWR.

For anyone who read the spoilers, is Joe booked at all? Really, really odd decision to have Young win the title like that. Makes me wonder if something happened with Joe or Magnus and they had to change the plans.
    They'll probably have another it would be better if it was in PWG type match.

Pretty much any match would be better in PWG.
    Chris Sabin's contract expires this weekend. Austin Aries MAYBE leaving too. I can't believe it to be honest. How are they meant to run TV tapings in New York without smark favourites such as those?

I fully expect Aries to go. He gets great reactions no matter what he is given but gets forgotten about for months at a time. I think Sabin will do the opposite and re-sign. He was featured fairly often until recently.

For the New York shows, I reckon they will be counting on Bully Ray and the Wolves.

Samoa suffered a concussion last week a house show. Didn't compete the nextt night. PWInsider and Wrestling Observer reported it. Then yesterday Joe said he wasn't injured. Joe seemed to be playing games. As PWInsider said he was hurt but only mildly and is now current dealing with a personal issue.

Lots of talent rumoured departures and incoming talent. Was waiting for the penny to drop on then all before posting.

Samoa suffered a concussion last week a house show. Didn't compete the nextt night. PWInsider and Wrestling Observer reported it. Then yesterday Joe said he wasn't injured. Joe seemed to be playing games. As PWInsider said he was hurt but only mildly and is now current dealing with a personal issue.

Lots of talent rumoured departures and incoming talent. Was waiting for the penny to drop on then all before posting.

Isnt his contract up later this year? He could be trying to show TNA how much they need him and they responded with the Young title win to show they dont need him that badly?

I like Eric Young but there has to be a non wrestling reason for him winning the title.

Kenneth Cameron from NXT and The Ascension did a dark match last night. Is he any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How the hell has Daniels never held the world title in TNA

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How the hell has Daniels never held the world title in TNA

When could he have?

In 2007 during his main event-ish push, they had Angle, Styles, Joe, Sting and Cage as the top guys. Abyss wouldnt have been far off either. The only other maybe would have been his Fortune time and he wasnt even the top guy in the group.

Daniels was never going to be a top guy. He could have done with a few more title shots, but I never had him pegged as someone who should definitely have been World champion.

Yeah not really a top guy and Russo disliked him too.

If Eric Young can be World champion then Daniels most certainly can.

Random stat regarding the World title, bar Jeff Hardy last year, you have to go all the way back to Angle in 2011 to find the last title reign that wasnt by someone TNA built up.

Kurt Angle
    James Storm
    Bobby Roode
    Austin Aries
    Jeff Hardy
    Bully Ray
    Chris Sabin
    Bully Ray
    AJ Styles
    Magnus
    Eric Young

If nothing else, they arent afraid of giving people the ball to run with it.

Sadly those title runs have only really meant something for Bobby Roode and to a lesser extent Bully Ray.

I'd only say Sabin's was a failure.

Styles' would have been fine had he stuck around while Storm's accomplished it's goal. The title reign's themselves were all good enough otherwise, just not amazing with the exception of Roode.

Look at it this way. With the exception of Sabin, not one of them would look out of place in a title match now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Roode was a great champion but he hasn't had it since. In fact going by that list Bully Ray is the only person to regain it.

The Aries/Roode feud/X Division cash in was possibly the best thing they've ever done with the exception of the early Angle/Joe stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Random stat regarding the World title, bar Jeff Hardy last year, you have to go all the way back to Angle in 2011 to find the last title reign that wasnt by someone TNA built up.

Kurt Angle
    James Storm
    Bobby Roode
    Austin Aries
    Jeff Hardy
    Bully Ray
    Chris Sabin
    Bully Ray
    AJ Styles
    Magnus
    Eric Young

If nothing else, they arent afraid of giving people the ball to run with it.

Jeff Hardy? Surely he was someone built by someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    Jeff Hardy? Surely he was someone built by someone else

That why he wrote "BAR JEFF HARDY" :pac:

Youre better than this Loughc ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    That why he wrote "BAR JEFF HARDY" :pac:

Youre better than this Loughc ;)

He did. I apologise... I'm currently wearing the cone of shame....

Advertisement