Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Tommy Dreamer and Rhino will also be on the NYC shows. I like Rhino.

TNA have started announcing names for Destination X, they've announced Brian Cage, Low Ki and Homicide so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is their more than one Brian Cage? The one I'm thinking of wouldn't exactly be my first choice for an X-Division show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is their more than one Brian Cage? The one I'm thinking of wouldn't exactly be my first choice for an X-Division show.

He's gotten jacked in recent times alright but he was on gut check a couple years ago when he was much more slender. So could still have the style perhaps.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Finally got around to watching this weeks Impact . Good god it just keeps getting worse and then the main event was just awful and made no sense

• Advertisement

Six sides won.

I think it's more a mid-00's WWE mid carder kick they're on lately so maybe Heidenreich or Snitsky.

I'm psychic: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/86519/former-wwe-stars-backstage-at-tna-impact-in-nyc.html?p=1
    Former WWE stars Ezekiel Jackson and Gene Snitsky are backstage at the Impact Wrestling taping in NYC.

No word yet on if they are visiting (Jackson lives in NYC area, Snitsky lives in Pennsylvania) or if they are working the taping.

TNA will be having a press conference at 3 PM. Mike Johnson is en route and will file a report as soon as he can.

Please let them just be visiting.

Bound For Glory is going to be in Tokyo:
    Bq_4V6MIIAAcR3-.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

what-meme.png

It's a bit of an odd one alright. They're running Korakuen Hall apparently. Watching some of the Outbreak show it was clear the Japanese fans didn't have a clue who a lot of the TNA talent were. So from even a crowd response perspective they may not do too well. Especially considering the likes of Styles, Daniels, and Kaz who'd get over with their work are gone.

• Advertisement

The show will have to air in the early hours of Monday morning so it can air in the normal US timeslot. Or it will be taped somehow. Odd.

I know they have the relationship with Wrestle-1 but you'd think they would've done a big PPV in England first.

It's a risk but a worthwhile one. It's not like they currently make a lot from them and at worst it will get them some attention.

Think England might get Lockdown next year unless they have already booked the UK tour.

It's a risk but a worthwhile one. It's not like they currently make a lot from them and at worst it will get them some attention.

Think England might get Lockdown next year unless they have already booked the UK tour.

How is it worthwhile? A 2,000 seater in the one of the most expense Cities in the world and on another part of the World.

I know someone (the Yakuza :P) is probably paying the bill but still.

One of my favourite venues:

5Fm4ZS4.jpg
    rovert wrote: »
    How is it worthwhile? A 2,000 seater in the one of the most expense Cities in the world and on another part of the World.

I know someone (the Yakuza :P) is probably paying the bill but still.

So they should continue to do the exact same thing they are currently doing rather than trying to do something different and expand the fan base? The only people I've seen complain about this are those who complain about everything they do. Most people are giving them credit for trying something different. WWE have the US market is a death grip, in order to get anywhere this is what TNA need to be doing. Building themselves in other markets. The recent Wrestle-1 show apparently drew close to 6,000 so they should easily sell out.

Another positive is the show quality. Whenever they go to Japan, they cut out the run ins and endless talking and just put on a wrestling show.

No idea where you got the 6,000 from. Wrestle-1 does 6-700 in the venue Bound for Glory is running.

"Something different" < Something sensible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

selling out a 1,800 seat venue isn't the problem when the cost of renting, production and flying over the talent will far exceed the amount you bring in from gate receipts.

baffling decision by tna this. the time difference alone (13 hours ahead of the east coast and 16 hours ahead of the west coast) means they will get nobody to buy this show in the us.

Yea the tour has been confirmed already. Maybe we will get Lockdown ha :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

rossie1977 wrote: »
    selling out a 1,800 seat venue isn't the problem when the cost of renting, production and flying over the talent will far exceed the amount you bring in from gate receipts.

baffling decision by tna this. the time difference alone (13 hours ahead of the east coast and 16 hours ahead of the west coast) means they will get nobody to buy this show in the us.

Presumably it won't just be the one show they'll have some smaller shows in the days prior make it worth the trip. Probably do a One Night Only show too. It is a strange decision from a time difference stand point though.

"Something different" < Something sensible

I can almost guarantee if this was WWE, you would be saying how it's an amazing idea and something innovative. But because it isn't WWE, it automatically sucks.

I acknowledged that it was risk, but one that is worth taking. Running BFG in the States would do next to nothing. Running it in Japan opens up a whole new market that WWE don't have a death grip on.

I have a feeling you could be in charge of TNA and you would still find something to be negative about.

• Advertisement

I can almost guarantee if this was WWE, you would be saying how it's an amazing idea and something innovative. But because it isn't WWE, it automatically sucks.

Sorry but Boards.ie is better than this stuff. No interest in this stuff here.

I'd question WWE running Wrestlemania at the Tokyo Dome SO, SO heavily you wouldn't know.

Sorry but Boards.ie is better than this stuff. No interest in this stuff here.

I'd question WWE running Wrestlemania at the Tokyo Dome SO, SO heavily you wouldn't know.

TNA are in a totally different position. WWE have the US market sown up. Nobody else gets a look in. They don't need to go anywhere else. Look how rarely they do PPV's in Canada these days for example.

TNA running BFG in the States will do nothing. It'll come and go. Doing it in Japan straight away increases interest and that's before they even announce a match. I'm betting more people are interested in this years than any other years and it is still a good bit away.

Global Impact sold almost 6,000 tickets. They'll easily sell out a 2,000 seater. It is a risk in terms of how much it costs to get there but otherwise it's all positives. People, as usual, are just looking to complain.

I acknowledged that it was risk, but one that is worth taking. Running BFG in the States would do next to nothing. Running it in Japan opens up a whole new market that WWE don't have a death grip on.

Doing BFG in Japan only makes things more difficult. It'll be more expensive to fly everybody in to do a smaller crowd than they'd get in the US. The Japanese fans aren't familiar with the TNA talent so they'll be less responsive. A way to counteract that would be to do a lot of inter promotional matches but that'll bomb on PPV. Plus the time difference will mean that the show has to taped so spoilers will get out for TNA's biggest show of the year.

Your conception of Japan market vs US market is bizarre in terms of potential. The Japanese Wrestling boom is New Japan strictly. Other promotions hang on by a shoe string - Dragon Gate exists on a COMPLETELY different sphere. That's before we get into Japanese fans accepting a US owned promotion.
    It is a risk in terms of how much it costs to get there but otherwise it's all positives. People, as usual, are just looking to complain.

Seriously this genuinely woeful in terms of the quality of debate. No idea where this recent contrarian from the sake of being contrarian kick you've been on but it is :(

Feel free to disagree but at least do it intelligently and not this Youtube comments level stuff.

Doing BFG in Japan only makes things more difficult. It'll be more expensive to fly everybody in to do a smaller crowd than they'd get in the US. The Japanese fans aren't familiar with the TNA talent so they'll be less responsive. A way to counteract that would be to do a lot of inter promotional matches but that'll bomb on PPV. Plus the time difference will mean that the show has to taped so spoilers will get out for TNA's biggest show of the year.

Look at their attendance figures in the States. Often times it's only a couple of hundred at best. The publicity they will receive from it will be worth the cost in my mind.

I have a hard time believing the Japanese fans don't know the likes of Austin Aries and Samoa Joe. Smart booking and good promotion will solve that problem fairly easily.

As for spoilers, the buy rates are tiny as is. Anybody who buys it was going to buy it anyway. Plus, good reports on the spoilers and they might get some late interest.

Your conception of Japan market vs US market is bizarre in terms of potential. The Japanese Wrestling boom is New Japan strictly. Other promotions hang on by a shoe string - Dragon Gate exists on a COMPLETELY different sphere. That's before we get into Japanese fans accepting a US owned promotion.

Why are you so insistent on ignoring what happened only a few months ago? The Global Impact show with Wrestle-1 got nearly 6,000 people in attendance. They will easily sell 2,000 for a PPV. TV taping, no chance. PPV, easily sell a third of what they did only recently.
    Seriously this genuinely woeful in terms of the quality of debate. No idea where this recent contrarian from the sake of being contrarian kick you've been on but it is :(

Feel free to disagree but at least do it intelligently and not this Youtube comments level stuff.

Have a look around. The people who are complaining, are the type who complain about everything. It's nothing new and you should know this. Again, you seem happy to ignore the positives and only focus in on the potential negatives.

Look at their attendance figures in the States. Often times it's only a couple of hundred at best. The publicity they will receive from it will be worth the cost in my mind.

As their show is terrible from a business generating POV. Rarely emphasises other revenue streams and their promotional arm is traditionally a shambles.

If TNA had this great, compelling show that gained viewers show beginning to show end. Their live events and PPVs hit a ceiling then yeah I would argee that the US is sown up.

There problems are more internal than external.

Why are you so insistent on ignoring what happened only a few months ago? The Global Impact show with Wrestle-1 got nearly 6,000 people in attendance. They will easily sell 2,000 for a PPV. TV taping, no chance. PPV, easily sell a third of what they did only recently.

Didn't ignore it I couldn't find it legitimately. All I could see is attendances at Korakuen Hall ranging 6-700.

Again your narrative that I am biased or negative in someway holds little ground. Especially when you show disregard large parts of what I post.
    Have a look around. The people who are complaining, are the type who complain about everything. It's nothing new and you should know this. Again, you seem happy to ignore the positives and only focus in on the potential negatives.

You continue to say this without offer examples.

You continue to not engage with sincerely legitimate points I have made. Please don't accuse me of ignoring things as you totally dismissed what I said especially the first thing you quoted on little or no grounds to so. If you are quoting directly respond directly is all I ask. I don't want to repeat points I've made due you not responding to them.

Impact Wrestling
    ‪#‎BreakingNews‬: TNA Board of Directors calls emergency meeting! http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/5904

• Advertisement

And I don't think them getting the 2000 in there will be a problem but that really isn't the issue here. Just the huge other problems I laid out with running your biggest show of the year in Tokyo.

Advertisement