Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrybank being turned into halting site

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

if i parked up on the rockshire road like they are now i am sure i would be clamped within 24hours !!!!!! Is there any brave clamper's in the south east that want to make a handy few hundred bucks?? There is a broken yelow line where they are parked and im fairly sure its illegal to park there. 2 cars +2 caravans at 120e a pop would be handy cash for operator, and should have no problems getting paid as one car is 2011 mondeo worth a lot of money and im sure he is not a sales rep for some company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

The two on the rockshire road I think moved from the old n25. As I cycled past them there the other day as they were hitching up

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

mick111112 wrote: »
    Saw a post on facebook today saying that Kilkenny county council are looking to turn that old red brick house on the abbey park road into a halting site, hope its not true.

The County Council posted a Derelict Site notice on the wall outside this site last month. It seems their intention is to declare the building derelict. No idea what that involves or what the implications are.

As far as I am aware, the site was bought by a developer a number of years ago with the intention of building several properties. Don't know who the developer was or if it is now with NAMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 laurenbaby

i have lived in piltown for 14 years and i have nothing against travellers i think 99 per cent of them are good people, but after chatting to a friend today she was telling me that the burkes family are being transfered from waterford to piltown co kilkenny, but as far as i can remember reading in the paper wasnt that feud a family feud so whats stopping the feud coming to piltown, my friend in co. waterford rented her 2 houses to the council under the rental accomadation sceme to the travellers and the council told her the travellers which they housed in her property are definently being tranferred to piltown under the same rental accomadation sceme. i rang kilkenny county council and the reception was very vulger saying this is none of my business and ya they will be moving in from december 2012 , i know its none of my business but i wanted to see if it was my estate the travellers were moving into because i know the council have housed people under that sceme here, i dont want people to think im against travellers i havent got nothing against them, i actually live near them, all i think is piltown is too small for too many travellers we have enough in piltown , i dont want feuding here with transit vans , horse boxes and traveller women fighting in the main street,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

laurenbaby wrote: »
    i have lived in piltown for 14 years and i have nothing against travellers i think 99 per cent of them are good people, but after chatting to a friend today she was telling me that the burkes family are being transfered from waterford to piltown co kilkenny, but as far as i can remember reading in the paper wasnt that feud a family feud so whats stopping the feud coming to piltown, my friend in co. waterford rented her 2 houses to the council under the rental accomadation sceme to the travellers and the council told her the travellers which they housed in her property are definently being tranferred to piltown under the same rental accomadation sceme. i rang kilkenny county council and the reception was very vulger saying this is none of my business and ya they will be moving in from december 2012 , i know its none of my business but i wanted to see if it was my estate the travellers were moving into because i know the council have housed people under that sceme here, i dont want people to think im against travellers i havent got nothing against them, i actually live near them, all i think is piltown is too small for too many travellers we have enough in piltown , i dont want feuding here with transit vans , horse boxes and traveller women fighting in the main street,

You have my sympathies and don't expect anyone from Kilkenny county council to do anything, that's even more so the case now after Hogans mess up interfering with housing a traveller family recently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I love where I live, but if ANYONE threatens my quality of life they will be treated the same. I will not stand for it.

If people in an estate in the majority are protecting their way of life, they have nothing to fear from a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I think people should be get out video cameras mobile phones and record the behaviour post it on youtube and let everybody see the behaviour, Just Title it Waterford Travellers and see what happens, Why dont Pavee point or whatever they are a called send down a rep and say to these people you are getting us a bad name and its time to move on, if they are so saintly! Its their community problems that grow from their way of life!

Record them and post them on youtube, One other thing, Everytime you see caravans parked up suddenly at the side of the road where do they put their waste???? they throw it at the side of the road but who gets punished? nobody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I love where I live, but if ANYONE threatens my quality of life they will be treated the same. I will not stand for it.

If people in an estate in the majority are protecting their way of life, they have nothing to fear from a minority.

Unfortunately it's never that simple when troublemakers arrive. I remember when one estate in Waterford on the Dunmore Road turned into - literally - a ghost town because of the anti-social behaviour of just one family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I hope they end up on Phil's driveway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I think people should be get out video cameras mobile phones and record the behaviour post it on youtube and let everybody see the behaviour, Just Title it Waterford Travellers and see what happens, Why dont Pavee point or whatever they are a called send down a rep and say to these people you are getting us a bad name and its time to move on, if they are so saintly! Its their community problems that grow from their way of life!

Record them and post them on youtube, One other thing, Everytime you see caravans parked up suddenly at the side of the road where do they put their waste???? they throw it at the side of the road but who gets punished? nobody!

Why would Pavee Point want to do that for?

Pavee Point doesn't want equality for travellers, they want travellers to be treated different and hence better than the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

pavee pint the national union of conmen,thugs and cheats.....imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7 laurenbaby

piltown will never be the same to be honest, im moving on as soon as i can prob to carrick on suir, thank god im renting atleast i can do so, feel sorry for the people who owns and paid good money for their properties.........

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

4 Years on from the last post in this thread and this 9+ year old issue is still ongoing and only getting worse by the day , Ferrybank is essentially at boiling point over this group of people and how they are disrespecting the community.

Ferrybank is now the bollard capital of Europe with the Council recently installing 100’s bollards on 3 roundabouts in Ferrybank (New Rath, Aldi and at Ferrybank Shopping Centre on 2 Occasions) and at various locations on the N25, this seems to be a never ending job for them with apparently €45000 spent on evictions, bollards and countermeasures to date this year alone (with approx. 200k + spent in recent years on this issue) all from the council's budget.

This issue is not only confined to Ferrybank as People City Side will know some of these individuals as they often frequent the city centre, various filling stations and in and around Tesco Ardkeen asking for a “few euro” (as per this thread)

What can the residents of Ferrybank do ? The perpetrators seem to be above the law ! they are just playing musical caravans with the Guards , Land Owners and the Council

Some more up to date info on the caravans and dumping can be seen on the following Facebook Pages

https://www.facebook.com/TheFerrybankCommunityNewsletter/
    https://www.facebook.com/Ferrybank-Neighbourhood-Watch-and-Information-Page-and-south-kilkenny-557774274355600/?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/FerrybankCrime/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Some of them moved into our estate last year, they lasted 8 months. Did some damage in that 8 months though, I have friends in the travelling community, not saying they are angels either but they are a different breed from this particular family. They have some degree of respect for others, these have absolutely none.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Some of them moved into our estate last year, they lasted 8 months. Did some damage in that 8 months though, I have friends in the travelling community, not saying they are angels either but they are a different breed from this particular family. They have some degree of respect for others, these have absolutely none.

Was that in Ferrybank?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

My former neighbour right there :)

Himself and either his father, or an older brother basically had mobile phones surgically attached to the side of their heads up and down the feckin road all day!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Edit Duplicate Post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

A thousand pound lol

He must be making some money begging euros

Advertisement