Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

okee wrote: »
    Yeah I Tried my Eircom account number in the original link but it says
    not a valid voucher code.

Find another 2 or 3 relatives, get their account numbers and try - chances are that 1 will work. There is no way it was only 2000 customers as if that were the case a lot more people would have had trouble using an account number.

You DO NOT have to be the account HOLDER to use the account number - no questions are asked and they are transferable in any event (the ad even says "you and a friend").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

okee wrote: »
    Hi for the past couple of days i've been browsing the sites to see what was on offer mobile related when i came across this post, I'm an eircom customer
    and rang emobile about the select unlimited deal for €35
    The girl I spoke to said vouchers were sent to 2000 customers and if i
    didn't receive one i'm not eligble, is this correct, is there an other way to
    get this offer ?

This is a blatant lie on emobiles behalf.

When I first rang about this deal (about 3 weeks ago) I was told it had been sent to 5 thousand customers, and another 5 thousand were being sent out the following week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Picked up my blue S3 today, absolutely loving it so far.
    Got it for €69 in the store in Limerick City, delighted with the service in there. When i went in yesterday i was planning on paying €99 for the Xperia S so to get the S3 for €30 cheaper than that is a big bonus in my eyes.

Got it for €69 in the store in Limerick City, delighted with the service in there. When i went in yesterday i was planning on paying €99 for the Xperia S so to get the S3 for €30 cheaper than that is a big bonus in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Ok rang back, got through to a bloke, said i'd got a flyer in the post
    about the €35 select unlimited, what phones do you have with it
    he offered the Lumia i asked about the s3 or s2 said the s3 was 239
    s2 was about 89 i think
    asked him could he do a better deal on the s3, told me to ring back monday and ask for him. so the deal is still there just need to negotiate a price
    on the s3. where the first girl was getting her information from i do not know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Got it for €69 in the store in Limerick City

Melion which store in limerick, i'd nearly travel down if i knew i could walk out with the phone and that contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Melion wrote: »

Wait you traded in at an eMobile store?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭grinder23

Could you scan the receipt as you said you would just curious as its not that price anywhere on Emobile online/or in-store even on their full price unlimited plan

sorry just seen you traded in apologies still should be 249 though

I'll just clear up what happened.

I went into the store on Cruises St yesterday to get the Xperia S. I didn't have the right paperwork with me but I got talking to the woman in there. I asked how much the Xperia S was, she said €99, I asked about the S3 and was told €249. The guy behind the counter then said something to her and she came back to me and said the Xperia was free and the S3 was €149. I asked about the trade in because a friend had done it an hour previously, the woman behind the counter said I'd get €80 for my 3gs.
    So I went in today, collected everything for €69 and €34.50 a month. If anyone is doubting that I'll take a pic of the receipt and upload it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I'll just clear up what happened.

I went into the store on Cruises St yesterday to get the Xperia S. I didn't have the right paperwork with me but I got talking to the woman in there. I asked how much the Xperia S was, she said €99, I asked about the S3 and was told €249. The guy behind the counter then said something to her and she came back to me and said the Xperia was free and the S3 was €149. I asked about the trade in because a friend had done it an hour previously, the woman behind the counter said I'd get €80 for my 3gs.
    So I went in today, collected everything for €69 and €34.50 a month. If anyone is doubting that I'll take a pic of the receipt and upload it tomorrow.

Well, I'll be heading into Cruise's St later today then.

• Advertisement

Wait til after 3, that's what I was told. I won't give the 2 staff members names but I know the woman isn't working until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Might wait till tomorrow then just to be safe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Bargain deal that!

The inconsistency in their pricing is something else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Makes me feel hard done by to be honest. Bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Yea the deal is still on till June 30th. I've ordered the S3 for 249, unfortunately I missed out on the 139 mistake on emobiles part but it's still a great deal.
    I just don't like Androids so I think I'll be selling off the S3 and using the cash to buy an iPhone 5 when that comes out. Why do people think that's such a crazy idea considering the iPhone 5 details haven't been released yet. For all we know it could well out do the S3.

I've never been on bill before, so what happens after 18months? Will I still be able to avail of this price each month. If I want to upgrade my phone will they try switch me to a different tariff and end up losing the free call, texts and date for 34.50e?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

You can stay on the €34.50 as far as I know.

I got the S3 for €149 but they said they'll take another €100 on first bill. Not sure if they will or not though. hopefully they won't.

No, you'll keep the deal when you upgrade. Same price, same deal, can't change without your consent.

About the iPhone 5... My problem isn't with the phone itself, it's to do with Apple's way of operating. They tell you what you can do with the phone, you must conform. Also, the huge premium they put on the phones is ridiculous. It's a fashion. While their's no denying that Apple making excellent phones and have mastered the art of marketing to the clueless, it just doesn't appeal to me. Even what you're saying now, the fact you want to get an iPhone 5 even though you don't know what it will be says, shows how they can rope people in. I've no doubt that if the Galaxy S3 had an Apple badge on it, you'd be keeping it. Nothing personal against you at all, it's just a pet peeve I picked up while working in a phone shop, there are millions that are the same :P

dorgasm wrote: »
    No, you'll keep the deal when you upgrade. Same price, same deal, can't change without your consent.

About the iPhone 5... My problem isn't with the phone itself, it's to do with Apple's way of operating. They tell you what you can do with the phone, you must conform. Also, the huge premium they put on the phones is ridiculous. It's a fashion. While their's no denying that Apple making excellent phones and have mastered the art of marketing to the clueless, it just doesn't appeal to me. Even what you're saying now, the fact you want to get an iPhone 5 even though you don't know what it will be says, shows how they can rope people in. I've no doubt that if the Galaxy S3 had an Apple badge on it, you'd be keeping it. Nothing personal against you at all, it's just a pet peeve I picked up while working in a phone shop, there are millions that are the same :P

Couldn't have said it better!!

Had an iPhone and loved it, it lasted years and was a brilliant phone. At the moment the Galaxy is a brilliant phone. There will always be some new piece of amazing tech just around the corner.

If you wait till October and get the new iPhone, you may as well sell that too to get the newest hardware that will be out a few months after it.

Settle down with one of them, coming from iOS to android I love it, ya never know you might too if ya give it some time.

dorgasm wrote: »

I know what you mean. But I love the ease of it all. That's the major attraction. There was a time when I would have been happy to dive into the ins and outs of a phone. But now all I want is something that works simply with the basics features done excellently. And to me that's what Apple does.

I have no idea how the average Joe got sucked in to it all being honest.
    I've been an apple fan now long before they made phones.
    I've been using macs for a number of years now, and love them, although I think I'll have to reinvest in a new PC as Macs are somewhat limited in some areas.

They do piss me off though too alright with their "we'll decide what you want approach". I mean where the **** is micro SD support! They charge an amazing amoust extra for more memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

got my s3 for €139,end of may, got my first bill and as expected no extra charge (€100) on bill- great deal if you could get it, cant understand why its not available to everyone

I know what you mean. But I love the ease of it all. That's the major attraction. There was a time when I would have been happy to dive into the ins and outs of a phone. But now all I want is something that works simply with the basics features done excellently. And to me that's what Apple does.

I've been using macs for a number of years now, and love them, although I think I'll have to reinvest in a new PC as Macs are somewhat limited in some areas.

They do piss me off though too alright with their "we'll decide what you want approach". I mean where the **** is micro SD support! They charge an amazing amoust extra for more memory.

Yeah you must hand it to them in that respect. Everything is very easy. That's probably why I like Android, it's not tailored for the very n00bish smart phone owners in a way. Even the fact that the market contains apps that would never make it into the Apple store. Some apps like that are so useful. I am genuinely yet to find a problem with my phone that can't be solved by an app on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

You're in deep man!

Hmm, I ordered yesterday and still havent received a confirmation email yet:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Hmm, I ordered yesterday and still havent received a confirmation email yet:mad:

I never got one either. However the phone did arrive after 5 working days.

No confirmation email or anything !!! I didn't even get a dispatch notice, the phone just arrived 3 days later

polaris68 wrote: »
    Davie89 wrote: »
    No confirmation email or anything !!! I didn't even get a dispatch notice, the phone just arrived 3 days later
    Oh that's very strange.
    Did you not have email them with a copy of your passport and and bank statement or anything.

After I ordered it told me to email them the details with my order number, which I haven't received:confused:
    Not really a good start from them!

Also what was annoying is that I wasn't able to use my own address for delivery. The eircom account I used wasn't mine.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Davie89 wrote: »
    Oh that's very strange.
    Did you not have email them with a copy of your passport and and bank statement or anything.

After I ordered it told me to email them the details with my order number, which I haven't received:confused:
    Not really a good start from them!

Also what was annoying is that I wasn't able to use my own address for delivery. The eircom account I used wasn't mine.
    Nope, I was also told I would need to supply the driver with my passport and a pin upon delivery. I got home from work and the driver had given it to my housemaid with no pin/ proof or anything ! I know that's prob the delivery companies issue but emobile obviously don't enforce it, I doubt The driver would have put himself out just for my sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

They most likely got the email address wrong, seen as its done over the phone, its a simple mistake. I didn't receive any emails from them either but checked the delivery docket and noticed that the email address was wrong.....

• Advertisement

Damie wrote: »
    They most likely got the email address wrong, seen as its done over the phone, its a simple mistake. I didn't receive any emails from them either but checked the delivery docket and noticed that the email address was wrong.....
    I filled it out online though.

Would have loved to have saved myself the 100quid! Or around 3 months worth of bills!

Not really sure why I've gotten this offer really. I don't think I really need it!
    It seemed too good to turn down. I'd say they've got a lot of us who could use a cheaper option!

Advertisement