Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

kilsmum wrote: »
    Davie89 - some people were saying the sound was coming in and out on the calls to me!!!

I doubt very much its the phone to be honest but more a network problem.

I'm thankfully within my 14 day cooling off period and can cancel but I really don't want to. However, I definitely don't want to be stuck in a contract for 18 months where every time I'm on a call - people are either telling me they can't hear me or that I'm breaking up :mad:

Will try the sim swop and let you know if there is any improvement.

Kilsmum
    Ya I got the exact same complaint, I can be heard perfect then I go very low!!

Might try swapping the sim also. I'll ring them Monday as I bought over the phone. Hope it's as simple as they'll just send a replacement sim

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Fingers crossed!

I'm going into town this afternoon so will see how it goes later on.

Kilsmum

Fingers crossed!

I'm going into town this afternoon so will see how it goes later on.

Kilsmum
    Any chance you think they'd give me one in the emobile store if I bought online

Its worth asking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

neonitrix wrote: »
    I tried signing up for this today for the HTC One X for 89 but when i put in the voucher code the phone price jumps to 189 but the monthly tarrif ends up at the 34.50 that happen anyone else?

You pay extra because you're getting the tariff at half price, it works the same way with all the phones on the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭recyclops

Got myself and gf sorted today, used a pals account number over phone we both ordered a galaxy 3 one white and one blue. Hopefully here tues. very quick and easy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Davie89 wrote: »
    Ya I got the exact same complaint, I can be heard perfect then I go very low!!

Might try swapping the sim also. I'll ring them Monday as I bought over the phone. Hope it's as simple as they'll just send a replacement sim

I got same notice when phone is on my right side people
    Tell me to talk into phone,
    as if Ive taken it away muffled sound, when i switch to left hand its ok ,what make you think its the sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

chris1970 wrote: »
    as if Ive taken it away muffled sound, when i switch to left hand its ok ,what make you think its the sim?

What are the phones for the people having that issue?

chris1970 wrote: »

The lad in the Emobile shop suggested a sim swop when I explained the problem with the call quality.

Had a look at the top and bottom of the phone and I wonder is the reason the call quality is poor when its in your right hand has something to do with where the microphone is sited?

I'm right handed btw.

What are the phones for the people having that issue?

The new Samsung S3:o

• Advertisement

@kilsmum- Did you do a sim swop?? Didnt get a chance to get in today!

I did Davie.

First couple of calls were fine. Rang my daughter and she said she couldn't hear me at the beginning of the call that I sounded muffled.

I'm going to try the sim in an Iphone and hopefully once and for all it will confirm whether its the handset or the network.

Even though the Samsung is a fantastic phone I would be willing to get a different phone for the benefit of the contract.

As a matter of interest Chris1970 are you on Emobile as well?

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

It's definitely the handset. New SIM card's don't misbehave like that. The microphone is on the bottom of the phone (the little hole), just make sure your finger isn't covering it or between the it and your mouth. I was doing some testing, it turns out that when I hold the phone like I would naturally, the sound on the other side is muffled. I changed the way I hold it to free up the mic and it's perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

dorgasm wrote: »
    It's definitely the handset. New SIM card's don't misbehave like that. The microphone is on the bottom of the phone (the little hole), just make sure your finger isn't covering it or between the it and your mouth. I was doing some testing, it turns out that when I hold the phone like I would naturally, the sound on the other side is muffled. I changed the way I hold it to free up the mic and it's perfect!

I've noticed the exact same thing. People have told me my voice is muffled or I sound like im away from the phone but if I change the way I hold it , they can hear me perfectly. Weird but its no fault of the sim or a fault with the phine. Its just a fault with me!

Dorgasm,

I'm not covering up the microphone when I talk on the phone.

When I hold the phone in my right hand the mic seems to be behind the area where I'm talking so I understand the business of using my left hand the mic is on the opposite side of the phone.

I'm really not sure what to do now - assuming there isn't a problem with the voice call quality at all - (I assume if there was, a lot more people would be complaining about Emobile) - maybe get a different phone?:(

Kilsmum

statto25 wrote: »
    I've noticed the exact same thing. People have told me my voice is muffled or I sound like im away from the phone but if I change the way I hold it , they can hear me perfectly. Weird but its no fault of the sim or a fault with the phine. Its just a fault with me!

Maybe it a right handed issue? never had a problem like that before with people complaining they couldn't hear me on the phone - just since I got the phone and moved to Emobile!!

Hmmmm will make a few long phone calls tonight and try and suss out if it is simply the location of the microphone, reception or the way I am holding the phone.

This is the only prob I've had so far with the phone. Well that and the touchwiz screen re-drawing when I exit an app. Has anyone found a solution to this by the way? Really hoping future firmware updates will solve it as its wrecking my head.

After some testing re the microphone problem it seems to be the way I am holding it.

If i hold it as I normally do the caller told me I sounded muffled as the microphone seems to be touching my palm. If i hold the phone slightly higher up, or use my left hand there were no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

I did Davie.

First couple of calls were fine. Rang my daughter and she said she couldn't hear me at the beginning of the call that I sounded muffled.

I'm going to try the sim in an Iphone and hopefully once and for all it will confirm whether its the handset or the network.

Even though the Samsung is a fantastic phone I would be willing to get a different phone for the benefit of the contract.

As a matter of interest Chris1970 are you on Emobile as well?

Kilsmum

Yes sir, emobile samsumg s3 left handed but use right hand for calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Edit: Nevermind - much easier over the phone (surprisingly!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So i got myself and Eircom account number but when i put it in to the box, it doesnt work. Any ideas?

Call them up I am not an eircom customer but I had a friends account details and it worked fine. Now just waiting on phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Did your online orders take long? I ordered Friday, got the "We have received the documents you have submitted with your Bill Pay account application and these will now be assessed by a member of the Sales Support team." email at 9am this morning. Was expecting an update by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Also hearing from people that they're noticing some "muffling" sound issues when talking on my SGS3.

I'm certain it's not from the way I hold it, I'm definitely not covering the microphone or anything.

Not too impressed this being a brand new, only few days old phone and all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

just something to watch out for emobile are billing from the day of ordering. it took 5 days for my phone to be delivered, which meant I was been charged for a service which I didn't have. had to ring them up to get a refund

just something to watch out for emobile are billing from the day of ordering. it took 5 days for my phone to be delivered, which meant I was been charged for a service which I didn't have. had to ring them up to get a refund

swampy353 wrote: »

Just noticed this as well. Was there any hassle when you rang them??

Davie89 wrote: »
    swampy353 wrote: »

Just noticed this as well. Was there any hassle when you rang them??
    no, the one I got was grand took a few minutes but no arguments from them

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Apologies if this has already been answered but is this offer available in their stores?

• Advertisement

I heard it was but I asked in two stores and neither were helpful and phones more expensive too, called up and had it sorted in 5 mins

Advertisement