Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Hmm, well I just called into Cruises St and asked how much the Galaxy S3 was on the plan and was told €249, mentioned someone had said they'd got it for €149 on the plan in the store and was pretty completely rebuffed that it could be done. Emobile really don't seem to have any kind of consistency with this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

It's all very cloak and dagger, I think i'll opt for the Galaxy S 2 for €99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Anyone know if MMS messages are included as free under this tariff??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

No MMS aren't included. Just use whatsapp instead.

Does anyone know why my video calling isnt working on the s3? I have full 3g, so does the person I'm calling but no luck. They are using iphone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Is video calling included in the tariff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

looder wrote: »
    Is video calling included in the tariff?
    It's included as far as the data allowance will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭recyclops

sorry if it's been asked but I can't find it anywhere but has anyone been charged the 100 on first bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Those who have received their first bill haven't been charged. Wish I got it in time for the €139!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭recyclops

my first bill is the 5th il have to wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

recyclops wrote: »
    sorry if it's been asked but I can't find it anywhere but has anyone been charged the 100 on first bill

No, first bill came in at ~41 euro (34.50 + the difference for the week extra I was on the tariff)

No extra 100 euro charge.

• Advertisement

Davie89 wrote: »
    No, first bill came in at ~41 euro (34.50 + the difference for the week extra I was on the tariff)

No extra 100 euro charge.
    Did they tell you that you would be charged the additional €100 in your bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

What are eMobile like for roaming charges? Would I be best buying a meteor sim or something if I was going away?

I've been thinking a lot about taking this offer up but have never been on bill before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

These might help - billpay roaming rates on various carriers:

eMobile roaming: here
    Meteor roaming: here

3Ireland roaming: here

O2 roaming: here (near impossible to find this page on o2online.ie)
    48months roaming: here

Tesco Mobile roaming: here

Vodafone roaming: here

Lycamobile roaming: (says you can roam, but can't see the rates - lycamobile.ie)

Postfone roaming: here

There's also MoreMobile (coming soon?) and Blueface Mobile (?).

Another option is to use an operator like MaxRoam - website
    (think these are Irish owned as well)
    What are eMobile like for roaming charges? Would I be best buying a meteor sim or something if I was going away?

I've been thinking a lot about taking this offer up but have never been on bill before.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Thanks very much. certainly doesn't seem much if at all worse than any other network.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks very much. certainly doesn't seem much if at all worse than any other network.

other than Meteor, which are a fraction of those costs IIRC.
    ie. same price as at home, no call answer fees, 9c texts etc etc

Would of thought eMobile had the same euro roaming tarrifs.
    Meteor - Pay As You Go customers will now pay 12c for a text and 29c for a phone call home while
    Bill Pay customers can enjoy 10c texts and 25c calls home. Plus receiving a call is totally free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Does anyone have a valid voucher number please- rang today and my home phone number isn't one of the "handfull" chosen.

Now in fairness the call was being recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

I'd appreciate a voucher code if anyone has got one. Rang em up and tried to be as charming as I could but no budging with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

if anyone has a spare voucher code going please pm me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

As someone said you're unlikely to get someone to send you their account number here. Good time to catch up with your uncles, aunts, cousins etc.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

As has been said, vouchers were specific to their eircom number so I doubt people will disclose details on a public forum.

I didn't have a voucher when I rang up, I just gave my home number and hoped for the best. Keep ringing until you find someone who will give it to you....

All the best

***as joe pointed out above :0

• Advertisement

Damie wrote: »
    As has been said, vouchers were specific to their eircom number so I doubt people will disclose details on a public forum.

I didn't have a voucher when I rang up, I just gave my home number and hoped for the best. Keep ringing until you find someone who will give it to you....

All the best

***as joe pointed out above :0
    This is what I did too.

I didn't get it the first time but the second girl I talked to gave it to me, no problem. Keep trying lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Somebody in this thread said to stay tuned because this offer is going to be extended to a lot of people and they won't need a voucher code.

Does that insider have any more information?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

breathn wrote: »
    Somebody in this thread said to stay tuned because this offer is going to be extended to a lot of people and they won't need a voucher code.

Does that insider have any more information?

I went into my local eMobile shop today, and they are giving out vouchers to anyone for the €34.50 deal until the 30th, and you sign up with them in the shop. All joined up today, apparently iPhone 4s only available in 16 and 64GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭opus

Bit of a shambles alright.
    Name, billing address and email all wrong for me.
    I distinctly told them my current rental address would be just for delivery yet they still put it down as a billing address.

Took a bit of work & many phone calls to the courier company but I got the phone in the end! To keep life interesting emobile customer care seemed incapable of porting my number from 3, first attempt they had a typo in the account number, the second attempt seems never to have been put through but finally on Sunday I went into an actual emobile shop and the helpful person behind the counter sorted it out for me there and then.

Number moved an hour or so later & it was him who told me that attempt #2 hadn't been put through at all!

Anyway the phone is great & it's a superb offer, hopefully things will run smoothly from here on out.

For the various people who've asked about vouchers, I just got a friend's eircom account number & their land line number which worked without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Here's what i did if it's any help

Rang emobile yesterday spoke to a fella there and told him i wanted to sign up for this deal,
    he said i didn't have a voucher associated with my eircom line. and maybe if i rang eircom i could get one.

So I rang eircom spoke to a girl there explained the situation and asked would it be possible
    to get a voucher she said she'd speak to that department, put on hold, 5 minutes later she
    said it was fine took my details, Passport No, Address Bank Acc details etc and told me i'd
    have my phone on Wednesday.
    I ordered the Samsung Galaxy S2 for €89

Got a text this morning from DPD Ireland to say my phone will be delivered today between 1 and 4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

When i rang them with my eircom account number, i was initially told sorry "we need a voucher number". I just said "eh no, a voucher number isn't actually necessary" and they just went ahead and signed me up.
    LOL.

Can anyone confirm if the prices for the phones are the same if you ring up instead of doing it online. My account number wouldn't work online so I rang up and was told the iPhone 4s was 299 euro, but I was told by someone else that it was 239 online :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Can anyone confirm if the prices for the phones are the same if you ring up instead of doing it online. My account number wouldn't work online so I rang up and was told the iPhone 4s was 299 euro, but I was told by someone else that it was 239 online :confused:

239 is online price, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

I am the OP

Just a reminder. This offer is scheduled to end on 30th June 2012. I don't know if it will be extended.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

plu wrote: »
    I am the OP

Just a reminder. This offer is scheduled to end on 30th June 2012. I don't know if it will be extended.

thanks for the heads up OP. I got a call from the emobile shop this morning, to tell me my new SGs3 is ready.........sweet, and all thanks to you! :pac:

Advertisement