Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me buy a candy cab!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Those cuts are amazing! I WANT ONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Via Pixiv.
    Ophsr.jpg

fFPZN.jpg

(also if that board is identified, I... don't know what I'll do)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cool pics, the NAC looks deadly. No idea what that PCB is if it's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Must be nearly time for this week's status update Steve!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Must be nearly time for this week's status update Steve!
    Sure, yeah. I was over checking out the stock and it's looking good.
    I even snapped a pic for you.
    dump1.jpg

Edit:
    And here's me getting them ready to ship.
    100923-purewind-01.jpg

• Advertisement

One man's junk is another man's treasure / restoration job!

Edit: great pics by the way. Makes me a little sad to see them though

LOL Steve, knew there was a catch to those awesome prices! :pac:

One man's junk is another man's treasure / restoration job!

Edit: great pics by the way. Makes me a little sad to see them though
    Well this wont help. This is the type of place a large qualtity of the candies in Europe come from. Or so I'm told by the candy man in Japan.
    arcade-machine-graveyard-11669-1285215098-26.jpg
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    LOL Steve, knew there was a catch to those awesome prices! :pac:
    Did I forget to mention that bit :)

Jesus, quite a few Blast City cabs in there! :eek:

Jesus, quite a few Blast City cabs in there! :eek:

Didn't see any candies but this dump is a bit closer to home(UK I think).

Killed the link because of possible dodgy site

Edit:
    Get a bigger view of the horror
    http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/china_09_24/c18_24962859.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »

http://www.alsarcade.com/Andy/arc/grose/index.html

Avast kicking up a trojan alert & won't allow the page to load...

EnterNow wrote: »
    Avast kicking up a trojan alert & won't allow the page to load...
    http://onlinelinkscan.com/ says its clean.
    But I'll kill the link just in case.

Killed the link because of possible dodgy site

Edit:
    Get a bigger view of the horror
    http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/china_09_24/c18_24962859.jpg

That bigger pic is so depressing. I can see a Blast just below yer man in the pic, it's missing the back and has the neck of the CRT exposed to the elements. :eek: :(
    Hopefully nobody went and put their hand in there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That bigger pic is so depressing. I can see a Blast just below yer man in the pic, it's missing the back and has the neck of the CRT exposed to the elements. :eek: :(
    Hopefully nobody went and put their hand in there either.

I'm pretty sure that cab with no back is a Neo Candy 29. You can tell by the side art. - which is even MORE depressing than it being a Blast City! :(

100_1758.jpg?t=1237732792

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that cab with no back is a Neo Candy 29. You can tell by the side art. - which is even MORE depressing than it being a Blast City! :(

Right you are, good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭geotrig

Well this wont help. This is the type of place a large qualtity of the candies in Europe come from. Or so I'm told by the candy man in Japan.
    arcade-machine-graveyard-11669-1285215098-26.jpg

Did I forget to mention that bit :)

pretty much all the cabs in this pic are clones which got scrapped due to them being clones this is somewhere in china iirc ..most candies in europe that where got in group orders came from closing arcade's etc and not dumps ,no idea where ronnie gets his but there was a bit of story behind how he started in the business

Right you are, good spot.

doubtful ,its more than likely a super LS 25/29(Clone of neo candy 29)

geotrig wrote: »
    pretty much all the cabs in this pic are clones which got scrapped due to them being clones this is somewhere in china iirc ..most candies in europe that where got in group orders came from closing arcade's etc and not dumps ,no idea where ronnie gets his but there was a bit of story behind how he started in the business

Interesting, do tell. :)

Master of the Universe

pretty much all the cabs in this pic are clones which got scrapped due to them being clones this is somewhere in china iirc

Oh really! Well that makes it a far easier picture to look at!

Destroy the clones! Destroy them!!

China does loves its clones (of anything!)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Holy crap. Ronnie told me he had another Candy 25 but with no rotate mech. So I wasn't really interested.

Until I saw it that is!

c252.jpg

Very tempted to go for this.

c253.jpg

c25.jpg

Edit - measured up the door frame, this'll come in with about 10cm to spare!

Just sent Ronny an email...

Master of the Universe

Okay lads, help me out here. Should I buy the above cab or wait for the group order?!?

This is undoubtedly more expensive. But it's nice and small (a major plus), looks stunning (I think so anyway) and I'd have it pretty soon.

But no vertical orientation.

God damn it! I'm really stuck!

I dont think this cab will be available for sale much longer either.

Okay lads, help me out here. Should I buy the above cab or wait for the group order?!?

This is undoubtedly more expensive. But it's nice and small (a major plus), looks stunning (I think so anyway) and I'd have it pretty soon.

Purely from the looks I'd say leave it. But that's just me and I'm not a fan of that particular candy.
    But, if you like it, want it and have the cash ready to go I'd jump on it(except I'd personally never buy from Ronnie again because of my experiences with him, others have had great experiences of course).

Also factor in the cost of six-buttoning that bad boy!

Master of the Universe

(except I'd personally never buy from Ronnie again because of my experiences with him, others have had great experiences of course).

That'd be one of my big concerns. I have horrible visions of an old cab, monitor going kaput - being left with a very big paperweight! I guess that's something we face with all cabs though - maybe it'd be best first to check and see if it's a generic 25 inch monitor which can be easily replaced?

Wouldn't need to, I don't really play any 6 button games ;)

The one modification I'd want to make to it is to give it proper Neo Geo button colours, like so -

candycab.jpg

Overall I like the look of it actually. I like that marquee area with the speakers jutting out a bit. What's the story with the button placement - is that a custom job or are there different variants of the Candy 25 layouts? Actually - the important question is does it bother you and if so how handy is it to get another cp plate with the correct placing?

I thought a rotate mech wasn't massively high on your list since 90% or more of the arcade games you have are hori?

Master of the Universe

It seems to be an official button placement, although I have seen one where the buttons were in a straight line - I think this cab is earlier and a bit rarer than the one I posted above. The curve of the chrome is a bit more angled than that MVS 4 slot cab too.

The button placement doesn't bother me at all to be honest. From what I can remember (it's been a while since I've played any of my MVS carts), the only time I'd be using button 4 is parry in The Last Blade. And it might be even easier to pull off in that configuration - the colours would bother me more :D

You're right, most games I'd be playing would be horizontal. Would be nice to have the option of tate though for the 3-4 boards I have.

It's annoying actually, do you remember the other SNK candy 25 he had? It didn't look nearly as nice as this, but had a tate feature. Shame it wasn't on this one instead!!

It seems to be an official button placement, although I have seen one where the buttons were in a straight line - I think this cab is earlier and a bit rarer than the one I posted above. The curve of the chrome is a bit more angled than that MVS 4 slot cab too.

The button placement doesn't bother me at all to be honest. From what I can remember (it's been a while since I've played any of my MVS carts), the only time I'd be using button 4 is parry in The Last Blade. And it might be even easier to pull off in that configuration - the colours would bother me more :D

You're right, most games I'd be playing would be horizontal. Would be nice to have the option of tate though for the 3-4 boards I have.

It's annoying actually, do you remember the other SNK candy 25 he had? It didn't look nearly as nice as this, but had a tate feature. Shame it wasn't on this one instead!!

if it was me and i had the money i'd buy it,

Also you mentioned that this has no rotate mech,it was made for mvs so wouldnt have one, but iirc it is rotateable

you should be banned for comments like that :D

• Advertisement

you should be banned for comments like that :D

Because?

Advertisement