Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

No sounds normally means you have joined a server with a different version of the game, ie you have 1.7.1 and the server is on 1.7.0 for example.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No im up to date on both.

Seems its when servers dont coincide with clients version, ie a lot of servers not updated yet.
    I now have another issue, fps has dropped dramatically, seems a widespread issue too, few threads on forums about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    No im up to date on both.

Seems its when servers dont coincide with clients version, ie a lot of servers not updated yet.
    I now have another issue, fps has dropped dramatically, seems a widespread issue too, few threads on forums about it.

Dev has said it will be fixed in a hotfix so we not updating until thats out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

How long does it take for loot to respawn? I seem to always be one step behind somebody :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dev has said it will be fixed in a hotfix so we not updating until thats out.

Does that mean im now stuck on either updated servers which result m the fps drop or stick to those not updated which means play with no sounds? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

http://cdn.armafiles.info/old/dayz_code_v1.7.0.rar

For anyone who needs to downgrade if they updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

No its easy enough to wind back, create a second @dayz folder for example called @dayz2 and install the older version, which you kept of course, and switch between them.

TheFairy wrote: »
    No its easy enough to wind back, create a second @dayz folder for example called @dayz2 and install the older version, which you kept of course, and switch between them.

Pretty much what i do.

Hawke wrote: »
    http://cdn.armafiles.info/old/dayz_code_v1.7.0.rar

For anyone who needs to downgrade if they updated.

That worked a treat thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Someone appears to be killing in debug forest on Boards server, player KaG. String of kills labelled (Friendly Fire)

• Advertisement

Someone appears to be killing in debug forest on Boards server, player KaG. String of kills labelled (Friendly Fire)

Wasn't in debug forest. 2 tangos killed in electro warehouse..... if you're not on vent with me I will kill you sorry. Want ya beanz

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Ah right, thought friendly fire tag meant debug forest kills, didn't spot you in fire station. Had just picked up a nice remington with flashlight too :mad:

Seems like in the new patch Zombies are incredibly passive and don't chain pull like the used to. May have something to do with my noise and sight meters not showing anything even when i'm sprinting.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

meshey wrote: »
    Sorry, but I had to register on this forum so I could draw your attention to this video...

This is the most evil thing I've done in the game, it was a lot of fun. Thanks for all the stuff guys, no hard feelings.

Hilarious. Well, at least we know who did it. Good job

Bastard... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

My audio stopped working completely :(

Xios wrote: »
    My audio stopped working completely :(

read above..............

Ah right, thought friendly fire tag meant debug forest kills, didn't spot you in fire station. Had just picked up a nice remington with flashlight too :mad:

Seems like in the new patch Zombies are incredibly passive and don't chain pull like the used to. May have something to do with my noise and sight meters not showing anything even when i'm sprinting.

Sorry :(

If I dont know you I'll shoot as everyone has done the same to me. I have a car and parts too so didnt want to die!

It now shows who killed you if you have an incorrect version to the server.

We havent had a debug kill in 2 weeks so assuming noone gets stuck in there since the update to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

got the game set up and got onto the previously mention mumble server but can't see anyone there.

Ok you can blow up buildings?!?!? I just took down a warehouse with a HE grenade from my m16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Ok you can blow up buildings?!?!? I just took down a warehouse with a HE grenade from my m16

You can bring down buildings with smoke grenades if you get it in the right spot.

• Advertisement

Just had a staring contest with a dead body

Anyone happening to be driving along the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

what are the differences between running a normal version and the beta patches?
    ie 93825

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Edgey75 wrote: »
    what are the differences between running a normal version and the beta patches?
    ie 93825
    Certain server require the Beta patch to get in, not much difference in dayz.

Saw my first vehicle, needs tires tho :(

Must get myself a mic so I can join you guys on Mumble, sounds like good fun! Wasn't going to use by headphones, but the quality would be questionable :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Benzino wrote: »
    Saw my first vehicle, needs tires tho :(

Must get myself a mic so I can join you guys on Mumble, sounds like good fun! Wasn't going to use by headphones, but the quality would be questionable :P

On the Boards server? Where *exactly* is it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Do you lose your gear and start from the beginning with 1.7.1?

Zatoichi wrote: »

You can go back at least, started in 1.7.1 with no weapon and changed it to get on boards server still had nothing.

Ponster wrote: »
    On the Boards server? Where *exactly* is it? :D

Yup, on boards. It's near some trees :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Benzino wrote: »
    Yup, on boards. It's near some trees :pac:

I know exactly where that is. I'm on my way !

Zatoichi wrote: »

Once you're playing on a 1.7.1 server and you die then yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement