Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Whats wrong with that bus in Electro, is it struck??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

So, having not played this since I think 1.2, what's been added? Also, what rules are there on the boards server?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

No specific boards rules. A tip though is to switch ingame chat to "direct Comms" and connect to the Mumble server (you don't have to actually talk) . Otherwise you may end up being shot by a Boards player :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Ponster wrote: »
    No specific boards rules. A tip though is to switch ingame chat to "direct Comms" and connect to the Mumble server (you don't have to actually talk) . Otherwise you may end up being shot by a Boards player :)

Ah I don't mind being shot, had some fun ages ago being a bandit with my mates on the French servers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

just updated to 1.71
    yes the Zeds are way more alert and can see you easier if you are not in cover
    but
    They also can lose you. hide in a dark corner and they shuffle off ...
    Throwing tin cans and empty bottles are now vital too .
    Gameplay in the cities will be a lot more different now cause
    The zeds are back as a force to reckoned with.. no more easy loot ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭irishmadboy

Do you no longer start with a makorav or food? And how do I work this Torch I spawn with?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

"And how do I work this Torch I spawn with?"

Equip and L to toggle on and off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I keep getting this message before i'm kicked " battleye script restriction 16 "

I've only been getting this since i've updated.
    any help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is there a reason why the boards server hasnt upgraded to 1.7.1?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    is there a reason why the boards server hasnt upgraded to 1.7.1?

Because there's a bug with the release where zeds spawn faster than you can kill them and we're waiting on the 1.7.1.1 Hotfix which is due out in the next day or 2.

Posted 13 hours ago by the devs...
    The loot and zombie spawn timer isn't working, hence the FPS issues for some people and the billions of zombies. I tried a new mechanism for this update, it works with small numbers of players but stops with large numbers.
    Likely be a hotfix, not within 24 hours, but definitely within 48 hours.

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=dayzdevteam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

blobby360 wrote: »
    I keep getting this message before i'm kicked " battleye script restriction 16 "

I've only been getting this since i've updated.
    any help ?

Make sure you're running the newest Beta. It's a requirement for the new patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

ETA on the hotfix is in the next hour or so:
    * [FIXED] Server item cleanup error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)
    * [FIXED] Server weighted random object error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)
    * [REVERT] 5 second delay for disconnecting (will need to wait till new method developed)
    * [REVERT] Disabling of interior raycasting (will mean some buildings you will be invisible/can't be hit in for the moment as they don't have view LODs)
    * [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)
    * [FIXED] Area not checked for existing infected before spawning new ones ("blind faith" that it had not made a mistake didn't work)
    * [FIXED] Crippling performance issues caused by loot items never being cleaned up (loot now cleaned up)
    * [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)
    * [NEW] Marakov spawn rate increased
    * [NEW] Small chance Mararov ammo will spawn on an infected
    * [FIXED] Converting magazines didn't work if you had MORE than one of that magazine type (now works as intended)
    * [NEW] Tweaked audibility and visibility values for kneel walking
    * [REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)
    * [NEW] Can select gender for each new character

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We lose all vehicles with this update.

Tonights incidents could have been avoided :D

Nick and the other who we had snipers with really big guns firing at in Stary, who were on mumble in their own channel. Hawkeye killing me and sasquatch and finding out there were 7 more lads with really big guns beside the jeep. Villain panicking and driving out with the jeep :D

Epic fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

dreamers75 wrote: »

Nick and the other who we had snipers with really big guns firing at in Stary, who were on mumble in their own channel. Hawkeye killing me and sasquatch and finding out there were 7 more lads with really big guns beside the jeep. Villain panicking and driving out with the jeep :D

Epic fun.

As in the Hilux and UAZ that we already have?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Think imma buy ARMA2 tonight....looks good but I really dont need another time hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Did you guys update the server to 1.7.1 cause no sound ingame when i connect to 1.7.0 servers after latest update.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

On the boards server now, no zombies anywhere, a few players on the coast just standing there, immortal.

This is why no side channel sucks, you don't know if things are broke or not. Just silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ten glorious days of survival brought to an end tonight. I'd been scavenging around the outskirts of Cherno for most of that time, occasionally sneaking a little deeper to look for nicer things. I spent most of tonight starving to death because of one of those annoying bugs whereby I ate my last tin o' beans, the game crashed on me, and when I got back in my beans had been consumed but my hunger levels had gone back to hungry.

So many zombies knocking around, I decided to try a barn a little outside the city where I'd picked up a couple of handy things before. The building was packed though, and as I sat in the grass outside wondering how the hell I was going to sneak past all of them, I heard a sound I hadn't encountered before. Naturally I hit the ground. I was just in time to see a bunch of loons in a freaking bus zoom down the road and charge straight into the city, drawing all the zombies after it. That did the job nicely. Wandered in, found a lee enfield, flashlight, smoke grenade and a hunting knife, but no food. Bugger.

Hopped over the hill to a group of houses that looked promising. I was starting to lose blood from hunger at this stage, and even walking caused me to get short of breath. The place was packed with zeds, again. Decided to risk it anyway. No food, although there was a revolver and a shedload of ammo.

The screen was starting to white out by the time I got out of there, and I was starting to think "screw it, I'll just sprint back into Cherno, fire off the lee enfield a few times and see how many people I can piss off before I pass out." On the way I came across a petrol station where, joy of joys! There was a tin of sardines! I was down to about 5,000 blood, but I wasn't starving any more. Decided to keep on living. On my way back to where I usually hung out I caught a zombie unawares and far enough away from the others that the revolver didn't alarm them. Another tin of sardines! Woo! And then a rabbit ran across my path. Bam. Gutgutgut. There's a fire in that part-constructed building, I could cook it there. Hooray! My food troubles were over!

Emboldened, I thought I'd check out the coastal side of town, but quickly ran afoul of a bunch of surprise zeds, quickly ran out of ammo for the revolver, had to use the dinner bell. Missed once, and it cost me, I was hit and bleeding, and still low on blood from the hunger. I had to leg it, with 20 or so of the buggers after me. I was down by the docks at this stage, and in a last attempt to survive I jumped into the sea and made for a piece of land where I might be able to bandage myself up before the zeds found me again. Close, but no cigar. I passed out and drowned less than 5 yards from my salvation. :(

A most exciting day, which I nearly ended prematurely. A great lesson in never giving up until you're dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Zatoichi wrote: »
    On the boards server now, no zombies anywhere, a few players on the coast just standing there, immortal.

This is why no side channel sucks, you don't know if things are broke or not. Just silence.

I like no side channel because you have to use voip, I use skpe with a few mates and it works great no one knows whats going on.

UPDATE SERVER to 1.7.1 Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Got a new ghillie suit, the paranoia has already set in

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

dreamers75 wrote: »

Epic fun.

Never would of happened if i had of kept my shotgun.. DMR my ass..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Smiley_ie wrote: »
    I like no side channel because you have to use voip, I use skpe with a few mates and it works great no one knows whats going on.

UPDATE SERVER to 1.7.1 Please.

The Server will be updated later today but shouting looking for a patch to be applied an hour or two after its out isn't helpful especially giving the fact we have had to roll back so often.

Also please make sure you send money through to help keep the server online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Villain wrote: »
    Also please make sure you send money through to help keep the server online.

Where can we do this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

can't wait to play this new update.
    Does it reset our characters?

Have a M4 COO that I really don't want to lose :(
    But if it does, what harm. The game does seem to be at its best in that initial spawn and run to try and get better stuff. Once you have said better stuff there isn't much to do other then try and repair a car or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Villain i wouldnt update it just yet, apparently the update fixed some stuff and ****ed up even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Fawkon wrote: »
    Villain i wouldnt update it just yet, apparently the update fixed some stuff and ****ed up even more.
    Yep from @dayzdevteam:
    So ahh... seems to be a bug with food and bandage spawning. The bean wars are on. Food is rarest resource at the moment

To send money for the server PM for details

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I think it's fine on 1.70 until 1.71 is bedded in a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

I'm seeing people on the forums complaining about broken loot tables after the hotfix. More specifically the lack of food. That and watches galore, apparently "tools" are everywhere now. Zeds spawning in buildings clipping through the floor...

But that just means we have to throw a murder party in mother nature's house, eat all the rabbits.

You know, it's hard work sorting through the flame wars and endless copy+pasted unoriginal insults to get any useful information on that forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pretty much why we dont update until a day or 2 after the updates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement