Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Yep I noticed the lack of food and water so far. Iv found loads of watches as mentioned :). Pretty much having to scavenge dead players bodies on the sides of roads or around the towns. Got me a nice Lee Enfield from a body. Sure it's a dinnerbell weapon but beats a flashlight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Any chance we could update the Domi server to have MH-6J's and AA-12's? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah i do it later.

Kinda forget how to edit domination, assume A 10s apaches and tanks that respawn too?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The Domi server will be getting taken offline later today while I attempt to get Dayz going again, need to make a call on it soon can't keep the two servers

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Pretty much why we dont update until a day or 2 after the updates.

Good idea. Looks like 1.7.1.1 still is buggy, you guys staying with 1.7.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Any chance of getting a server restart. loot respawn is a bit fecked at the moment.

Edit: nevermind might be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Going to pickup spearhead and give this a run out. Just to clarify, was reading their website and it says "Arma CO" (combined operations)

I already have Arma II, assume I can just pickup spearhead expansion ( or arrow head whatever) and play?

Always LOVED Arma II just couldnt get enough lads interested in playing longterm,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

This game looks awesome. Will pick up ARMA 2 and the mod next week I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Opinicus wrote: »
    This game looks awesome. Will pick up ARMA 2 and the mod next week I think.

Yeah I'm gonna pick it up next week too, looks so good!

TheDoc wrote: »
    Going to pickup spearhead and give this a run out. Just to clarify, was reading their website and it says "Arma CO" (combined operations)

I already have Arma II, assume I can just pickup spearhead expansion ( or arrow head whatever) and play?

Always LOVED Arma II just couldnt get enough lads interested in playing longterm,

yup just need arrowhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Keep losing my crosshairs. Some time I have them and then sometimes there gone... What am I doing wrong???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Glebee wrote: »
    Keep losing my crosshairs. Some time I have them and then sometimes there gone... What am I doing wrong???

Some servers have them, some don't.
    Boards doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Whats with the multiple major weapons stash up beside the tents at Stary Sobor? Is it naturally spawning? I dropped off my lee enfield and all its ammo there for an akm ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How long does loot take to respawn or does it. if i logged out after picking up a good deal of stuff and came back on later would it be back.

Mossay wrote: »
    Whats with the multiple major weapons stash up beside the tents at Stary Sobor? Is it naturally spawning? I dropped off my lee enfield and all its ammo there for an akm ^_^

We decided to loot farm the entire camp yesterday and paid for it with our lives.
    Varik wrote: »
    How long does loot take to respawn or does it. if i logged out after picking up a good deal of stuff and came back on later would it be back.

Loot a building of everything walk outside and drop all the loot, a few minutes later new loot will reappear.

Bear in mind you are a sitting feckin duck whilst doing this.

9 of us did this in Stary yesterday and 3 of us were killed as we stayed there too long. I will upload the video of the loot when we were about half way tru.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We decided to loot farm the entire camp yesterday and paid for it with our lives.

Yeah I saw a dead guy wearing a ghillie suit and I decided it was time to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

Yeah I saw a dead guy wearing a ghillie suit and I decided it was time to leave

i would be more worried if he was still alive :P
    as yet ive not seen anyone in a ghillie suit but i did see a guy in camo
    ive traveled nearly all the map now just devils caslte and pobeda dam left on my checklist
    i shot at my first close encounter player today but he dc`d after i had pumped 6 shots into him with my mp5sd, i had been tracking his movement as i had a friend the other side of him about 200m infront of him and was covering his rear, i think he realised i was up their and turned back from tailing my friend, for like 30 secs we were in a stand off pointing guns at each other until i got jumpy and openend up :D
    didnt get a kill and no body but i deffo hit him.

kind of getting tired of people dc`ìng when they been shot, had a couple of long range encounters with bandits, yesterday had one up near the nw airfeild that had just killed another player and was looting his corpse he started to run off when he got hit by the first round he went down on the 2nd and got hit again with the 3rd and dc`d. so no loot from him.
    i wish they would stop being such kiljoys and theirs no way their going to survive but they just want to stop you getting their gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'm assuming that with the beta patch, direct communication works 100%, if so, what's the range for direct communication voice chat?

Edgey75 wrote: »
    i would be more worried if he was still alive :P
    as yet ive not seen anyone in a ghillie suit but i did see a guy in camo
    ive traveled nearly all the map now just devils caslte and pobeda dam left on my checklist
    i shot at my first close encounter player today but he dc`d after i had pumped 6 shots into him with my mp5sd, i had been tracking his movement as i had a friend the other side of him about 200m infront of him and was covering his rear, i think he realised i was up their and turned back from tailing my friend, for like 30 secs we were in a stand off pointing guns at each other until i got jumpy and openend up :D
    didnt get a kill and no body but i deffo hit him.

kind of getting tired of people dc`ìng when they been shot, had a couple of long range encounters with bandits, yesterday had one up near the nw airfeild that had just killed another player and was looting his corpse he started to run off when he got hit by the first round he went down on the 2nd and got hit again with the 3rd and dc`d. so no loot from him.
    i wish they would stop being such kiljoys and theirs no way their going to survive but they just want to stop you getting their gear.

Headshot tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Shall be purchasing this on Wednesday, I must find out what everyone is raving on about..... Just have to wait for my bank transfer to Paypal to complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'm assuming that with the beta patch, direct communication works 100%, if so, what's the range for direct communication voice chat?

40m I believe.

Came across a guy in a ghillie suit with some ultra sniper rifle a few days ago. Sneaked up on him, and I shot him in the head with my lee enfield, and he didn't go down, shot him again and he didn't go down. Then he spots me and 1 shots me. Bhí fearg an domhain orm!

DCing guys I can deal with as it gives the extra challenge of making the headshot necessary, but what I hate is when I'm spotted and people engage in this stupid server hopping to move behind me and kill me.

On another ghillie suit related story: I got tired of camping and started emptying the town of zombies at long range. After a few kills the entire town's zombie population becomes alerted, but instead of charging at me, they run towards a nearby bush. Out pops a guy in a ghillie suit who tries to run away to safety. He died.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Found a stash of 5 shiny guns and lots of ammo this afternoon on the boards server. Happy days. Anyone want some? :P

Found a stash of 5 shiny guns and lots of ammo this afternoon on the boards server. Happy days. Anyone want some? :P

I'll trade ya my (well boards) stash of AKM ammo and AKM, for a CZ550, looked everywhere for it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dunno whats going on with my game, every server i join im in the debug area.
    Im fully up to date ,also tried rolling back to the version i used over the weekend, 1.7 i believe.

Dcully wrote: »
    Dunno whats going on with my game, every server i join im in the debug area.
    Im fully up to date ,also tried rolling back to the version i used over the weekend, 1.7 i believe.

That happened to me. I had to run back (30+ minutes to main area)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

That happened to me. I had to run back (30+ minutes to main area)

lol which way do i run, its just wide open space of infinity from what i can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

About to spec/stability test ARMA2 so just wondering, DAYZ make it lighter/heavier/the same/erratic to run?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

The magical loot fairy spreads out gifts for the girls and boys of the boards server.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    lol which way do i run, its just wide open space of infinity from what i can see?

Run East. I Got spawned in the Ocean when it happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement