Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

There's more then one? :O i'm near vybor but trying to get back into DE2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Looking at the map, it looks like there is three.
    One big one in the middle.
    And then two smaller ones in the top right corner, and the bottom left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there's a southern airfield west of cherno that is much smaller then the northern one north of vybor.

Currently in a huff, I did really well getting from cherno to just south of vybor by myself. Fully stocked out with all kinds of supplies (blood packs, painkillers, military grade flashlight, morphine and food and water to last a week) and armed up with a winchester and 6 magazines)

Then I poked my head in a barn and I was looking around for supplies. Should have been looking at the message box :(

Didnt see the scared sh*tless survivor inside who demanded to know if I was friendly or not and while I was picking through a pile of supplies he was calling me over and over on the chat window.

Finally when I did see him, he freaked and shot me. Only took one round, clean headshot and I was dead.

Had the last laugh though, that barn was completely surronded in zombies, poor guy set them off shooting me...it was the last thing I saw.

But I am not in the mood of making that journey all alone again

I'm waaay up north. No one seems to come to these parts, rarely do they seem to leave cherno and elektro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    But I am not in the mood of making that journey all alone again

Walked from Cherno all the way to Elecktro...............made a mistake in direction so I had to backtrack and tried cutting through the forests.

Took ages to find a way into Elecktro because of the insane amount of zombies wandering the outskirts. At night time it's edgy as the amount of times I almost bumped into a zombie a few inches away from me.

Finally get there, go inside a building and I get shot. I pass out for a minute, thinking the shooter assumed I was dead, quickly got up again and I ran towards the backdoor where I was sprayed by machine guns. All in the space of about 5 minutes of entering Elecktro.

Cùnts :mad:

I gotta start teaming up with people again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I love, like a previous poster mentioned, the mexican style standoffs everyone has in this game:

Person 1: " YOU FRIENDLY!? I'M FRIENDLY! ILL SHOOT YOU! "
    Person 2: " I'm friendly! Don't shoot! "
    Person 1: " YOU FRIENDLY!? PUT AWAY THE GUN! "
    Person 2: " I'm Friendly just don't f*cking shoot! "
    Person 1: " I DONT BELIEVE YOU! "

Person 1 shoots person 2, Person 2 then curses person 1 to high heavens on the chat.

Person 1 dies from the horde of zombies that follow his gunshot, screaming on the chat box of his impending doom. Person 2 has the last laugh.

Rinse and repeat for many on different servers :D

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Currently in a huff, I did really well getting from cherno to just south of vybor by myself. Fully stocked out with all kinds of supplies (blood packs, painkillers, military grade flashlight, morphine and food and water to last a week) and armed up with a winchester and 6 magazines)

I don't know where to get certain supplies, iv been mainly a rural survivor and rarely venture into the cities that much. Where can I get the blood packs? I know people have been spouting hospitals on the in-game chat but which cities have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's even more annoying at night when you're trying to meet up with someone and the only way you can is by flare.

I finally managed to meet up with a guy from boards. We'd spend a good two hours looking for servers we could both get into and then spawning close to each other.

He was standing by a flare. I saw him in the distance and ran over. We chatted for a second and were going to plan our next move.

Flare suddenly goes out.

'I got shot! I'm dead!'

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Before I even jump in, what am I pressing to lower my weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There is no way of lowering your weapon.

Only thing to do is to put it in your bag or drop it. But I wouldn't be doing that if I were you.

• Advertisement

Yup there is bugs, particularly iv noticed ALOT with the backpacks, where dropping weapons and ammo then weapon and ammo disappears from the ground. Or if you drop a weapon (fully loaded) and another person picks it up then it doesn't have ammo when they equip it. I lost my shotgun in my backpack, it just disappeared at one point and dunno how but it's just buggy in areas

I don't know where to get certain supplies, iv been mainly a rural survivor and rarely venture into the cities that much. Where can I get the blood packs? I know people have been spouting hospitals on the in-game chat but which cities have them?

I only know of where the hospital in cherno is, but I believe Electro has one too.

In cherno it's just east of the factory complex, there is usually a campfire out front if you are travelling at night, the bloodpacks themselves are actually located behind the hospital though where there is a MASH unit set up, helipad and tents with lots of bodybags. Inside are boxes which are identified as medical supply boxes and they have a lot of goodies in them.

Problem I understand is that hospitals tend to be dangerzones for bandit activity as the amount of supplies available encourage big group of visitors and snipers can camp on the roof of the hospital.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has there been a new patch? Some of the servers seem like they are a newer version then i have, though it seemed to be fine last night. Ok, yes there is a beta patch. Downloading it now.

Just managed to get off the clock tower there, but drew 25 zombies into the house with me...just barely had enough ammo to take them out and move on.`

Also, what servers are you guys on atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Pretty epic game last night with a friend. I spawned directly in a town and instantly spot a survivor running around in front of me, not being one to take chances, I gunned him down straight away and became a bandit.

My friend and I were on opposite sides of elektro and agreed to try and meet by the cranes. After being chased along the beach by 5 zombies I get there and gun them down, thankfully not attracting any more of them. I arrive up near the containers by the crane, then I spot another survivor. Now with the bandit skin I knew he'd shoot me on sight so I saved him the effort and gunned him down, my buddy then arrives on the scene and it looks like we're gonna be bandits together.

We loot the guy and this guy had everything! Map, compass, toolbox, binoculars, watch and a winchester, plenty of painkillers too!

We agree to flank around and try to reach the church in elektro as we needed to get some bloodpacks just in case. So we start to venture out into a field to get a better vantage point on the city. As we're on our way up the grassy hill, I spot a bandit lying prone on the ground and open fire on him, got injured from a shot though so was down to around 6000 blood.

We ventured throught the field lying prone and avoiding lots of z's. Eventually make it to a building near the church and the plan was for me to run to the hospital and get supplies and then return. Before I left, I gave my buddy all my good gear like map etc in the event that I would get gunned down/caught by z's.

So I venture to the hospital with nothing more than a pistol, and I see I need to break the glass. I can also hear shots in the vicinity so tried to shoot at the same time as them so mine hopefully wouldn't be heard. I could see at least 15 zombies inside an office building across the way so figured the survivor was there.

Anyway, I shot through the glass, had some trouble getting stuff from the box but eventually got 3 blood packs and some bandages. Great stuff! So then I try to make my way back to the building where my friend is and he was to cover my return. I had to take a back route though as the place was now infested so I start running down and hear shots whizzing passed my head and next thing I know, I'm down.

Thankfully I gave all the good gear away before going down. So now I'm starting fresh and trying to get back there, grab my old gear and get the hell out of elektro. Will try to locate a car too hopefully for the hospital runs in future. What a game though.

just found two bodies LOADED with gear. it hurts when you cant take all the goodies :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Gah, missing some sort of deleted.chernarus file. I'll be on in a bit once I figure this out...
    You need to combine your arma 2 and OA on steam, and launch as combined ops, there's guides on how to do it if you google.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

**** sake...fell 5 feet, broke my legs and i died. Superb.

Also having graphical issues this morning. Today just keeps getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gear tips.

When you see something on the ground walk towards it and crouch and press G (not middle mouse anything) open your bag and you should have the option to place items directly into the bag.

Alice bag holds 20 items.

When you want to remove something from your bag make sure you have space in your normal inventory for it. So if you want to remove a gun you have to have a space for handgun or sometimes it will vanish or just not come out of the bag.

If you are sharing drop it from your inventory rather than your bag.

Bags normally stay persistent for as long as the server is up, i have yet to test out hiding a bag and sticking goodies inside it.

Certain items are not in your inventory but in a seperate part (the bottom items) Map, watch, GPS, Knife, matches, tool box etc:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Having terrible trouble trying to patch Operation Arrowhead, I keep getting an error about AIR2.PBO.

Has anyone tried patching the game from the non default install location?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got it all working, but cant even come close to getting into a server to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Does anyone have a link to images of bandits vs normal players?

P.

TomCo wrote: »
    Having terrible trouble trying to patch Operation Arrowhead, I keep getting an error about AIR2.PBO.

Has anyone tried patching the game from the non default install location?

Retail, Steam or other?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Arma Launcher.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to images of bandits vs normal players?

P.

Bandits have peaked caps on and good guys have head scarves ;)

Kiith wrote: »
    Has there been a new patch? Some of the servers seem like they are a newer version then i have, though it seemed to be fine last night. Ok, yes there is a beta patch. Downloading it now.

The current changelog still shows the "zombies increased" remark:

http://cdn.armafiles.info/DayZ_Changelog.txt

How does one download their beta?

P.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bandits have peaked caps on and good guys have head scarves ;)

I lol'd :D

Ocean: Dreamers just pulling your chain, survivors have peaked caps and kinda like 'mall security' attire, bandits have headscarves and military clothing

That is if Im correct? I sometimes get confused as I originally thought bandits just had black clothing but the peaked caps? Survivors had peaked caps but lighter (blue) clothing?

I lol'd :D

Ocean: Dreamers just pulling your chain, survivors have peaked caps and kinda like 'mall security' attire, bandits have headscarves and military clothing

That is if Im correct? I sometimes get confused as I originally thought bandits just had black clothing but the peaked caps? Survivors had peaked caps but lighter (blue) clothing?

Yeah, I figured his wink meant that alright! Also I was pretty sure most vids of newbies I'd seen had peaked caps. :P

P>

In case people have missed it the bandit system has changed slightly with the new patch i believe

The bandit element has always been connected to your humanity rating but it now runs over different lives.

Meaning you can be a badass bandit one life and rack up a large negative humanity rating and then get hunted down and killed :(

and when you respawn you will still be a bandit and remain so until you pass +2000 banditry

So look out for people claiming to be reformed bandits as it may indeed be true. It took me 3 lives to work off my bandit debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So Op Arrowhead is Standalone.

But yet they say we still need the initial Arma 2 aswell ?

Is this true or will i be able to run the mod with just Arrowhead.

Eitherway ill probably be buying it tonight !

EDIT: Sweet, so just buying arrowhead and using the free version of arma works !

Korvanica wrote: »
    So Op Arrowhead is Standalone.

But yet they say we still need the initial Arma 2 aswell ?

It's a bit confusing, but it appears to be that although Arrowhead is standalone from Arma 2, DayZ requires _both_ to be installed.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

The mod is for Combined Operations, so needs both afaik - but the free version of Arma2 is enough

just need to buy Operation Arrowhead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement