Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

nummnutts wrote: »
    I don't see any point in waiting if you have the games ready to go, and your current system can run it.

Cheers been holding off because of my exams, I don't think my laptop would run it that great(hence buying the new one). Is it intensive on the machine?I don't have either of the games either but that wouldn be an issue

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

After 40 pages I think that we can justify a Dayz Tip/Tricks/Hints/How-to thread rather than just posting everything in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Just won't bloody connect today. Bah. I'll play Serious Sam instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

the US* servers seem ok, im able to get in and out of them, unlike EU ones

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ran into the church in Cherno to shoot the one zombie chasing me, 2 minutes later litteraly 20 or more ran by the door. :eek:

Killed as many as I could, ran to the hospital where I met 2 guys upstairs who helped me. We started picking off the enormous horde, easily more than 20, coming in the doors when suddenly a bandit came down from the roof and killed the 2 guys.

I killed the bandit but now I was left with 3 corpses the ever increasing army of the undead.

It was hopeless, even with all the dead guy's weapons and ammo and I had no way out.

So many had gathered that they started glitching and began coming through the walls on the 2nd floor. Bastards eventually got me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

hey fella's
    I have arma2 cd if i buy Operation Arrowhead by digital download will i get the mod to work

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Squidwert wrote: »
    hey fella's
    I have arma2 cd if i buy Operation Arrowhead by digital download will i get the mod to work

Yes

Thats what i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Ponster wrote: »
    After 40 pages I think that we can justify a Dayz Tip/Tricks/Hints/How-to thread rather than just posting everything in here.

I concur for this.

The same questions are asked about 10 times a day, when this thread already contains all the answers.

I'd just like this thread to contain peoples adventures like above by Duggy747 as well as server info i.e. who is in what server and meet up plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

****!
    I bought Arma2 on direct2drive ages ago, but since they were bought out by gamefly its impossible to download the game files! I have the cd-key.

Is there a way to upgrade the free version by entering a cd-key?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TomCo wrote: »
    ****!
    I bought Arma2 on direct2drive ages ago, but since they were bought out by gamefly its impossible to download the game files! I have the cd-key.

Is there a way to upgrade the free version by entering a cd-key?

Might be able to do it through steam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I concur for this.

The same questions are asked about 10 times a day, when this thread already contains all the answers.

I'd just like this thread to contain peoples adventures like above by Duggy747 as well as server info i.e. who is in what server and meet up plans.

Server info would be handy alright, i am going to be more willing to sacrifice myself to save a fellow boardsie than a random-er !

EDIT : No fun at night for a N00b :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

US servers are the only servers that work for me

but for those looking for ppl to work with, on steam join the group Boards Dayz.

its best when you have more than 1 person looking for a server that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Anyone still playing at this hour feel free to jump into US 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Holy crap I've been waiting for an excuse to get back into ArmA2!

Had great fun with the zombie mod (it was only singleplayer) before but online will be even better...

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Can't seem to get this working on my laptop at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Just want to repost this from earlier in the thread. I forget who posted it as i bookmarked it a few days ago but big thank you to whomever it was. :)

http://www.worrom.com/

That link has an auto-installer for dayz mod. Just follow the instructions on the page and enjoy. It's basically just download that installer, run it and then play dayz. Simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Cheers been holding off because of my exams, I don't think my laptop would run it that great(hence buying the new one). Is it intensive on the machine?I don't have either of the games either but that wouldn be an issue

If you have exams it's probably best to hold off until they are finished.

I'm in the middle of exams myself, and only installed it on Saturday. Big mistake. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

found a tent and put it in the woods with loads of stuff. i wonder if it will be there when i get back

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Spunge wrote: »
    found a tent and put it in the woods with loads of stuff. i wonder if it will be there when i get back
    You should tell me where it is and on what server.... so i can uh... mind if for you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ponster wrote: »

I was actually going to post to consider perhaps a private forum (on the hosted forums on boards) for this? It's clear the mod is getting alot of popularity and will continue to do so. The game is only in it's alpha stages and I know there will be plenty of threads in the times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Fawkon wrote: »
    You should tell me where it is and on what server.... so i can uh... mind if for you! :D

I know you have to be on the same server as a person sleeping to see what in their bag, but does the same apply to a tent or is that persistant across all servers?

I think there are a few items such as wire-fences and sangbags that are persistant though I'm sure if same applies for tents?

Guys if i buy this: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/ then im good to get started??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Guys if i buy this: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/ then im good to get started??

Yea, I got this last night. you need to install both games aswell.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Yea, I got this last night. you need to install both games aswell.

Sweet cheers goodbye reality!

I have ArmA 2 vanilla...if I buy arrowhead, will I be able to run CO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You should be, just install the mod, and maybe the beta patch, and you should be good to go.

PLUS is there anywhere I can buy it online except for off Steam? (I don't like running steam in the background while I play games) Play.com doesn't seem to have any atm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭Doge

It would be funny if DayZ boardsies had an night time camping challenge after days of playing the game for hours, in dark servers, with little sleep!

Imagine how freaky that would be, out in the sticks in Wicklow or somewhere, it's pitch dark, the whole group is seperated,

and the only source of light you can use are glowsticks!

Get people in the Zombie Survival forum on board, and make it more intense!

Get an FM transmitter, and have some small radios scattered around the place, with zombie sounds playing on a certain frequency!

You'd go insane!

0.jpg

glowing_center.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    PLUS is there anywhere I can buy it online except for off Steam? (I don't like running steam in the background while I play games) Play.com doesn't seem to have any atm
    Buy direct - Digital download
    https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations

You can also just buy Arrowhead and use the free Arma2 with lower res textures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

waveform wrote: »
    It would be funny if DayZ boardsies had an night time camping challenge after days of playing the game for hours, in dark servers, with little sleep!

Imagine how freaky that would be, out in the sticks in Wicklow or somewhere, it's pitch dark, the whole group is seperated,

Did that when I was in school, in our transition year they did an all night cross country treck across the wicklow mountains, Exhausting but exilerating stuff, especially when you cross over the peak near the radio towers and see dublin in the early predawn light.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement