Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Was doing really well today with James, had a winchester, plenty of ammo, food, and had killed 50+ zombies within the space of an hour or two, logged out for a break.
    Log back in now, its all gone. Back where I logged off last night in the clocktower.
    So, being angry, I went and jumped off the clocktower and killed myself, guess what.
    I spawn back up in the clock tower as if I never jumped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Urgh, have it installed and can (finally) get into a DayZ lobby but it now it hangs on receiving data. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Was doing really well today with James, had a winchester, plenty of ammo, food, and had killed 50+ zombies within the space of an hour or two, logged out for a break.
    Log back in now, its all gone. Back where I logged off last night in the clocktower.
    So, being angry, I went and jumped off the clocktower and killed myself, guess what.
    I spawn back up in the clock tower as if I never jumped off.

Groundhog day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Does anyone know if there is a time limit to how long you can stay logged off or will the database keep a permanent record?

My fully stocked player has been in his sleeping bag under a tree in the northern airfield for 2 days now and will have to stay there until the weekend as I'll have no net connection till then.

If anyone is up around that area on sever US5 can you check in on him (feel free to help yourself to alice bag as a reward, just leave me some food and water :))

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arma 2 contains Chernarus and island of Utes with US Army, Cherno and Russians.

Arrowhead contains Takistan and 2 other smaller lands, with 5 more factions.

DLC PMC (private military company and BAF (british).

Arrowhead contains the newer code to run the mod but Arma 2 contains most of the models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

On average, how long should I be waiting to get a response from the server and for me to actually spawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

In my experience if its over 5 minutes try again

Grand job. I'll hopefully be floating around as "[Boards.ie]MitchKoobski" for the rest of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Dying to play this since this thread started but im getting a new laptop in the next week or two, should i just wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Dying to play this since this thread started but im getting a new laptop in the next week or two, should i just wait?

I don't see any point in waiting if you have the games ready to go, and your current system can run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Retail, Steam or other?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Arma Launcher.

Gamersgate, so retail pretty much.
    I haven't ArmA2 installed at the moment so thats probably the problem.

TomCo wrote: »
    Gamersgate, so retail pretty much.
    I haven't ArmA2 installed at the moment so thats probably the problem.

That launcher will combine all versions once pointed to the correct exes (betas too).

Creating a folder call Addons(on a different drive) and dropping all your @mods into it and pointing to it from the launcher is very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Are there commonly used servers by you guys? I'm busy updating stuff but should be ready to wander along into a game fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Sarky wrote: »
    Are there commonly used servers by you guys? I'm busy updating stuff but should be ready to wander along into a game fairly soon.

Not really, we just tend to get on whatever server has decent ping and space.
    Although US5 seems to have boards members on it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Sarky wrote: »

The US5 server is the most common server myself and people here use. I think a few of the EU servers also but mainly US5. The US servers are better also because of the time differences, the ingame time runs by the server time so by the evening alot of the EU servers the game is dark (almost pitch black) but using a US server the game will mostly be bright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Just put in my first play of 1.5.7, jaysus, really is zombie Armageddon!

Its a lot more brutal now, me likey:cool:

Arma 2 top seller on steam :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eoinos

Great mod. Though alot of the time is spent trying to join servers and it really is a pain. Hope many more servers are added :D

Use US5 if yer looking for boardsies. Had my first big run there. Tried to avoid towns and stuck to the forests. Chased twice, barely survived the second because it became 4 on 1. Came across a construction site/power station and then got stranded. As soon as I went in they all spawned around the walls. Any supplies I found were empty. I eventually died after falling off a ladder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Arma 2 top seller on steam :eek:

Ha ha,brilliant to see it beat call of duty, what an impact this mod has made!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Any supplies I found were empty. I eventually died after falling off a ladder.

Yeah, me too. Might just stay away from ladders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Finally got it up and running there. god there are loads of zombies, you'd swear they were transported from abroad to fill the small villages!
    Took a while to get used to the controls and the fact that you can't open every door (spent about 5 minutes looking for an entrance into a big country house). Killed 9 zombies with my starting ammunition, was satisfied with the return but then couldn't find any ammo in the area i cleared and accidently picked up a spare tyre and dropped my gun - queue me crouching around for 2 hours finding food and ammo but no bloody gun!

I eventually came upon a decent sized town, saw a dead body of someone, and quickly checked it out - eventually walked away and someone outfitted with lots of good gear held me up at gunpoint. I quickly told him i had no gun and that i was no threat, he responded 'so you don't - sorry to hear that' and hurried off, a little help would have been nice but i guess it's a cruel world.

My lad is still alive at least after a couple of hours, even bandaged up someone that helped me as i ran away from one hoard but alas still no weapon! Great fun so far, atmosphere is really good.

Topped up the 3v so got this downloading now a few mins.

Was just going to get OA and Arma Free but I couldn't find any concrete proof(through google searches/youtube) to warrant risking OA alone(and with 3v I was likely charged E1 for using the card which would mean I'd have been short it something went wrong.

Don't really have anyone to play with so I think I'll make ends meet by grieving other players and rattling a few cages :D..... Though if everyone here is using the ''Boards'' tag as someone pointed out I'll hold off :cool:

16 hour install time is moving along nicely, should be done in an hour.

Hoping now I can get it up and running easy and get into a server. :D

Day Z set to be implemented in the next update?

http://kotaku.com/5910279/pc-zombie-darling-causes-sale-explosion-arma-devs-happy-to-help
    "There's no doubt that the thrilling Day Z mod currently drives Arma 2 Combined Operations sales on Steam", he says with a touch of understatement. "Sales have increased almost fivefold from how they were before Day Z's Alpha release!"

"Bohemia Interactive has always tried to help community mod makers in many different ways and Day Z mod is no different", he says. "We're more than happy to assist DayZ in any suitable way and considering the mod's popularity we are committed to do some related work in the next Arma 2 update (1.61)."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Can't play on the US servers since my client won't update.

I presume they are using latest ARMA 2 patch:
    ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_92767.zip

Just download, open that and install... will update to latest version that compatible with US servers

Then use the launcher that Dreamer75 has posted multiple times with handy pictures.

Be sure also to have latest DayZ files from http://cdn.armafiles.info/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Cheers but I figured it out in the end.

Herp a Derp :P

Topped up the 3v so got this downloading now a few mins.

Was just going to get OA and Arma Free but I couldn't find any concrete proof(through google searches/youtube) to warrant risking OA alone(and with 3v I was likely charged E1 for using the card which would mean I'd have been short it something went wrong.

Don't really have anyone to play with so I think I'll make ends meet by grieving other players and rattling a few cages :D..... Though if everyone here is using the ''Boards'' tag as someone pointed out I'll hold off :cool:

Use http://www.gametracker.com/search/arma2/?search_by=online_player&query=boards to find fellow boards player and use the information I posted above to be able play on the US servers.

Use http://www.gametracker.com/search/arma2/?search_by=online_player&query=boards to find fellow boards player and use the information I posted above to be able play on the US servers.

Ya I was going to scour back through the thread once I had it downloaded from Steam.

Nearly done now, thought it would take longer since it said ''16 hours'' at the start. Knew it wouldn't be that but thought since it was 2 games maybe 2-3 hours.

Can finish with BF3 now soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

hey fella's
    I have arma2 cd if i buy Operation Arrowhead by digital download will i get the mod to work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement