Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Why is everyone playing on the US servers out of curiosity? Is the 130+ping noticeable? Ive been sticking to Eu servers for 30-60ping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Why is everyone playing on the US servers out of curiosity? Is the 130+ping noticeable? Ive been sticking to Eu servers for 30-60ping

I was wondering that too.

Regardless, I'm trying to get the Beta drivers working so I can get on the servers. I'm not having much luck though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've had much better luck getting into the US servers. The EU ones always seem to have me stuck on "Waiting for server response" for ages. I get straight it on some US ones. I've not had any issues with ping either. Usually sits between 90-110, which is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I would assume it's because most of us can't play during the day time thanks to work/college/whatever, but still want to log into a map that's got some daylight in it, because playing at night is either brutally hard or incredibly boring, depending on whether you like FPS games where the visibility is so bad you can't see the gun you're holding.

Can't say I've had any problems with the pings.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think I may have dropped my gun somehow. I only have this smybol on my display when I go near a certain area. DOes it mean my gun is there somewhere, and if so, how do I find it?

204931.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Sean, I decided to log out. No point when that guy is hogging all the military supplies. I managed to get a AK-74 off a dead body on the other side of the base

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

the_syco wrote: »
    I think I may have dropped my gun somehow. I only have this smybol on my display when I go near a certain area. DOes it mean my gun is there somewhere, and if so, how do I find it?

204931.jpg

Tap G

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tap G
    Did nothing. I actually pressed all the keys. Disconnected, and going to try another server.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

You on a different server cravez?

You on a different server cravez?

I disconnected, having a bit of food and watching GoT :D. ill be on later if you're around though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah new GoT at 9 should be good, i though the fela in the airstrip mightn't have noticed me climbing the ladder....i was wrong haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jesus, this is hard when you spawn with a shìtty pistol.

The zombies going through walls is a major problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

the_syco wrote: »
    Did nothing. I actually pressed all the keys. Disconnected, and going to try another server.

It means the server is busted. It's likely that you wont be able to see other players (they are invisible and so are you), hear ambient sounds or do anything much. The good news is that you can still run around the forest, which comprises is about 70% of the game :P

I actually saw a really weird load screen on one server I was logged into. All the players on the server were standing around in the forest, all of them static. I guess the game was rendering the sprites during the load up. They gradually disappeared and they went to the "waiting for server response" screen. I guess those who got through that stage went straight to their weird invisible forest existence.

Join another server.

I just had a nightmare with the fkn beta patch, and the process should be so simple.

Reinstalling operation arrowhead now -_- even the verify cache didn't help.

Hoping to catch up with a few of yas later for a while - assuming of course the patch works.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Remember to add [Boards] to your ARMA nick before you join a server. It'll make the odds of teaming up with other boards players all that more better.

For example at the moment there are 3 players in the Boards Steam group playing but none have the [Boards] tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I just had a nightmare with the fkn beta patch, and the process should be so simple.

Hoping to catch up with a few of yas later for a while - assuming of course the patch works.

Yeah, I made sure to back up the files before attempting to install any mods.

@Ponster, I have my steam name as FlyingIrishMan, but my Arma profile name is [BOARDS] FlyingIrishMan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Use the launcher :)

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/aluncger.jpg

Sorts out everything for you.

Are you using the launcher from the Armaholic website?

If so, remember to go to "Launch Options" and click browse beside "Arma II - OA Beta". Once this has been opened, navigate to the Arma Program Files.

Once there, navigate to "Arma II", then "Expansion", then "Beta". Now choose the Operation Arrowhead exe. that's located in the folder.

Also before you launch the game, make sure to click on "Run Beta" in the "Launch Options" screen.

about 65% downloaded Operation Arrowhead, but have that launcher ready to go this time xD

Cheers

Ok, FINALLY! Hurrah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Armed to the teeth I got cornered into a barn. I had a shotgun, a rifle, and a pistol.

Had killed 44 zombies before they got me and there were at least another 10 or more surrounding me.

Unless there were that many around the area of the continous spawn really is a bug some people have mentioned

Quite possibly the most frustrating time i've ever had to just get into a game for a while

Laggg on US5 :(

Laggg on US5 :(

Yeah, we were all on that fine for a while but it went crazy there..

Yeah, we were all on that fine for a while but it went crazy there..

Yeah, I lost connection and I can't seem to rejoin the server.

- Dal gCais.

Quite possibly the most frustrating time i've ever had to just get into a game for a while

How were you able to get it to work?

Was it the re-installation that did the trick?

Yeah, I lost connection and I can't seem to rejoin the server.

- Dal gCais.

I didn't disconnected but most people did, but after everyone disconnected the connection was ****e so I just left anyway.

I got kicked for some battle eye thing, can't rejoin. tried reinstalling battle eye through steam and i get a missing string error constantly. downloading some dll file to put in the folder that aparently might help.

yas gonna try a different server?

I didn't disconnected but most people did, but after everyone disconnected the connection was ****e so I just left anyway.

That's a shame, and I had literally just met up with Cravez, lol. :D

There was mention of a Mumble teamspeak for Boards members. I had a quick glance through the thread but couldn't find any details.

Regardless, I'll probably pop on to a server tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm still on it but a dead man. I lost my backpack in the sea and with it my water bottle...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement