Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Can't join any server at the moment.
    Keep getting waiting for server response.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

same

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Try one of the American servers. I've had much better luck with them.

any news on a boards server? and yeah the american servers seem to be easier to get into for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Found a useful map for new players in conjunection with below guide:

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/user_pictures/1222038073/gallery_525_36_53913.gif

Brown = Buildings that provide no loot, but still spawn Zeds.
    Black = Residences & Churches
    Green = Barns
    Blue = Industrial
    Orange= Military (including all deer stands)
    Red = Hospitals
    Yellow = Spawn Points (Ignore the dot in center

Also found a more detailed map listing deer stands and petrol stations (along with grid co-ordinates:

http://i.imgur.com/tIFsD.jpg

And finally a loot location chart based on previous patch (though this may have changed)

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

I hope it becomes more random in loot locations... else whats the point of exploring (often blind)?

What the hell are Deer Stands? Are they those wooden huts that you can't actually get into?

I hope it becomes more random in loot locations... else whats the point of exploring (often blind)?

They were all based on previous patch so I premuse with each update the loot will be moved around randomly... pointing that out more for hospitals and other more helpful locations which shouldn't really change i.e. spawn points.

It used to be that car parts would spawn in industrial warehouses etc but I've found windscreen shield and tires in huts on the far north of the island.

is anyone else getting lagged to feck in some servers? as in youd be playing grand for a bit when suddenly it just turns into a slideshow

Kiith wrote: »
    What the hell are Deer Stands? Are they those wooden huts that you can't actually get into?

Apparently they are military type location so should contain decent weapons etc... subject to change again from patch to patch

That map is handy to use as you can use the co-ordinates along with the ingame map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

I've had about a max of 10mins at a time before the server drops so far, EU servers

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Didn't help that some smart arse heard me and thought it would be funny to ring the church bells to attract more.
    This sounds soooooooo epic.

=-=

Question: is there a limit to the amount of times you can die? Gonna jump on and create chaos if I can't find team-mates. I'll watch the place burn...

Also, how do you rename yourself? My name appears as "Admin" on the server I was on :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Really getting annoying how the zombies can walk through walls.I was in a shed earlier holding guys off at the door and then they just come through the walls from behind and get me. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

Also managed to find a load of army medical tents, when I went in there was a rack of AK's but you couldn't pick them up :(

I also had lots of display issues, hopefully it's not my video card going again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ronan.c

Finally getting the hang of this game. Did a lot better today with Fawkon and James.
    Anyone up for trying to get a larger group of maybe five or six of us later on tonight?

Yeah Id be up for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

****sake.
    After a few hours of playing, finally getting used to the game, getting good weapons, food and water, I logged off in the same place as James. I logged back in a minute ago only to find myself back at the coast, with another played beside me aiming a gun at my head.
    He shot me straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I seen the AK's in the tent and thought it was Christmas. Too good to be true.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Found a useful map for new players in conjunection with below guide:

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/user_pictures/1222038073/gallery_525_36_53913.gif

Brown = Buildings that provide no loot, but still spawn Zeds.
    Black = Residences & Churches
    Green = Barns
    Blue = Industrial
    Orange= Military (including all deer stands)
    Red = Hospitals
    Yellow = Spawn Points (Ignore the dot in center

Also found a more detailed map listing deer stands and petrol stations (along with grid co-ordinates:

http://i.imgur.com/tIFsD.jpg

And finally a loot location chart based on previous patch (though this may have changed)

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Where's the fun if you know where everything is!? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

the_syco wrote: »
    Also, how do you rename yourself? My name appears as "Admin" on the server I was on :/

Go into Profile, it defaults to your windows account name.

Its in the main menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Trying out the new update now, don't know what to expect

connecting to server US5 if anyone is around btw

Spawned in new area, but still have my gear at least

Edit: Don't have my extra shotgun :(

Edit: On outskirts of Kamenka and took out binoculars. Teeming with zombies....

• Advertisement

Looks for updates.

/edit
    I think I just goto http://cdn.armafiles.info and get;
    dayz_code 1.5.7
    dayz 1.2.4
    dayz_sfx 1.1

/edit2
    Seems I need something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Spawned in new area, but still have my gear at least

Edit: Don't have my extra shotgun :(

Edit: On outskirts of Kamenka and took out binoculars. Teeming with zombies....

Yup. I spawned there earlier. So I made for the hills and started heading towards Chernogorsk.

If you do take the mountain route, check along the coast as much as you can for some bodies to scavenge from first though. You'll need all the tins of beans and water bottles you can find, not to mention extra ammo. :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Spawned at the coast. Zeds EVERYWHERE ! progress alone is a whole lot slower unless in the forest.

Ponster wrote: »
    Spawned at the coast. Zeds EVERYWHERE ! progress alone is a whole lot slower unless in the forest.

Which server you on Ponster? I'm currently on Dallas 8

When updating to the new version, should i remove all the old files from the @DayZ\Addons folder, or just overwrite the ones that are there?

Dallas 3. 8 was full when I last looked but will try again.

Kiith wrote: »
    When updating to the new version, should i remove all the old files from the @DayZ\Addons folder, or just overwrite the ones that are there?

Overwriting will be fine.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Most servers use the beta patches

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

92612 is the best.

use the launcher to point to it without any CMD ****e.
    Installed 92612 but still can't join US5. Seems the version I have is newer than US5 maybe?

Have overwritten the mod files, so hope to join a server soon.

How long does "limbo" take? Just looking at a screen that says "waiting for server response". Think it's US6 or something. Guys also in the limbo says the wait may be up to ten minutes...

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    How long does "limbo" take? Just looking at a screen that says "waiting for server response". Think it's US6 or something. Guys also in the limbo says the wait may be up to ten minutes...

It can take ages, depending on the servers. US5 is one of the few servers that it never seems to happen to me, along with NY1. If you can get in there, it's definitely quicker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement