Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ponster wrote: »
    I'm still stuck in the church in Elektro and could do with some blood if you have any.

I have a few, myself yitsack and irishman looted the Army Hospital in Cherno. Sadly yitsack didnt make it so we looted him :D

I should start right in the middle of the hospital which with this new patch should be interesting.

Altho having an AK with 6 mags should mean i will take a few of them with me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

Auvers wrote: »
    thanks

but its gone up to €15, must be due to the popularity of this mod

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ARMA2OA/arma-2-operation-arrowhead

Going to purchase when I get home though :)

unless the GG one activates on steam (anyone know?), i'd pick it up from steam itself - its 15e there too

personal preference though..! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm curious about the vehicles, I know you need all the pieces ( Wheels x 4, Engine Parts, Pane Glass etc) but iv never found a vehicle I could apply these parts to? I had tools as well at one point. Is there a particular vehicle frame you can only use to repair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Wossack wrote: »
    unless the GG one activates on steam (anyone know?), i'd pick it up from steam itself - its 15e there too

personal preference though..! :)

thanks

but a bit confused

do I need the retail copy of Arma 2? or just the standalone expansion operation arrowhead?

if I do need Arma2 installed, is there anyway of adding this to steam? and then buy the expansion off steam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

Auvers wrote: »
    thanks

but a bit confused

do I need the retail copy of Arma 2? or just the standalone expansion operation arrowhead?

if I do need Arma2 installed, is there anyway of adding this to steam? and then buy the expansion off steam

sounds like you've the same dilema as myself - youve a boxed non-steam edition of arma2, and are considering the operation arrowhead steam expansion

I think the best, most straight forward option (and keeping everything on steam), is:
    to get the arma2 free edition from steam (browse arma2, and download the 'demo')
    then buy operation arrowhead from steam, and follow the dayz install instructions posted earlier in this thread

unfort, I dont think you can (I couldnt anyway) activate your existing boxed copy of arma2 with steam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm disappointed by what I hear.

If you get detected by a zombie in a city you can't shoot because it will attract a massive horde. So now you have to run out of the city and into the countryside to shoot the thing before you can go back into the city to rinse and repeat? But maybe I should play the update before passing judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wossack wrote: »
    unfort, I dont think you can (I couldnt anyway) activate your existing boxed copy of arma2 with steam

Supposedly, you can do it as people are using non-steam versions of Arma to have a 2nd profile to play online. (one as a survivor, the other as a bandit)

Not sure as to how true it or well it works, though, but it's mentioned a bit on the Dayz forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Has the patch fixed it so when you die you can respawn instead of having to disconnect and reconnect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Finally getting the hang of this game. Did a lot better today with Fawkon and James.
    Anyone up for trying to get a larger group of maybe five or six of us later on tonight?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    1.5.7 has changed everything. Towns are now death traps and a single shot will set a mob of 30 or do ****ers on you

Thats not new... happened to me over the weekend. It's purely a chance that it may happen. I was not impressed. Only had 3 bullets left when about 20 of them came at me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

new patch has way way way more zombies.

before patch i was in cherno and i saw maybe 3 zombies in the whole place. Now i was running around with about 20 chasing me. Its definitely better this way, makes it feel more zombie apocalypse type but, without a means to escape the zombies it kind of sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I'll be on tonight starting to learn my way around think I'm at the church in elekto. Think my name just shows up as jim

I'll be on tonight starting to learn my way around think I'm at the church in elekto. Think my name just shows up as jim

I'm close to the church, if you're on later and still in Elektro ill try meet up with you

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

The more zombies thing is more of an annoyance then anything. Like a zombie movie the threat should be more the other humans than the zombies. The ****ty animations and speed just makes them a pain more than anything especially when I'm in a town with bad FPS. Hope they tone them back down, right now its a pain to move about or meet up with anyone.

Spunge wrote: »
    new patch has way way way more zombies.

before patch i was in cherno and i saw maybe 3 zombies in the whole place. Now i was running around with about 20 chasing me. Its definitely better this way, makes it feel more zombie apocalypse type but, without a means to escape the zombies it kind of sucks.

Probably tweaking to have a happy medium would be good, but have them more sparsely populated like the woods and forests etc.

I think more varieties of zombies should be introduced (not like Left 4 Dead or anything) but I mean there could be a sprinting zombies as there is now, shambler and there is already those zombies that are squatting and hopping. Maybe having loads of shamblers with a mixture of sprinters and squatters/hoppers would make a good balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Just spent acouple of hours playing this with the update. Absolutely everywhere is crawling with zombies. At least two or three hanging around each building/house. It's next to impossible to loot anywhere without getting spotted.

Then, when you shoot, it attracts other zombies from nearby. Before you know it you've got more zombies than ammo coming for you..........and running is futile. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's supposed to be a bug that there are so many zombies, and will probably be fixed at some soon. Looking forward to seeing how heavily infested the airfield will be later...could be chance to stock up on a lot of ammo/weapons...or die horribly (more likely).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

So what is the best way for us to meet up as a team?

With the new changes it's pointless to be anywhere near a town if playing alone.

What I'm doing right now is to use www.Gametracker.com site to search for [Boards] tag and see where most of the players are online and then try to join that server. I created a Steam group and could invite everyone here to join but I don't know what % of people don't use Steam and so it may not be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

which servers are ye guys finding the most reliable? trying to find a stable server is wrecking my head :(

Ponster wrote: »
    So what is the best way for us to meet up as a team?

With the new changes it's pointless to be anywhere near a town if playing alone.

What I'm doing right now is to use www.Gametracker.com site to search for [Boards] tag and see where most of the players are online and then try to join that server. I created a Steam group and could invite everyone here to join but I don't know what % of people don't use Steam and so it may not be useful.

I may have joined it already but if not invite FlyingIrishMan.

How about we set a location on the map, and we say be there at 7 or 8pm?
    People could get to the location on any server, and then when the time comes around we can organise what server we all can get on to.

I was playing on EU5, and EU13. EU13 was fine for the first hour and then we lagged out, EU5 was fine until I left.
    Also was playing on US5 last night and that was very good.

• Advertisement

An interesting blog of player turned bandit : http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/5112715?latest=1

How about we set a location on the map, and we say be there at 7 or 8pm?
    People could get to the location on any server, and then when the time comes around we can organise what server we all can get on to.

That sounds good but I think that we should set a day for later this week as some people are a long away from others :)

Perhaps at 7pm someone should choose the most empty server with the best ping and get the information to the others as to the "chosen" server and we all try to get onto the same one.

Depends on the type of place we want to meet? Somewhere remote, with very little loot, or somewhere with plenty and a lot of zombies.

I vote for either the NW Airstrip (plenty of military zombies) and loot, or somewhere like Zelinogorsk or Stary Sober. Big enough towns to supply a few people, with plenty of zombies.

Well I'm currently in Elektro and at least 2-3 others are as well. I dunno what Elektro is like for loot, probably a death trap now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm playing through the free version's Bootcamp atm to get used to the controls.

I'm on Steam as MitchKoobski and definitely want to get playing with some boardsies once I have it up and running in the next few days.

Okay, well I'm joining EU5 now, if anyone wants to join it I'm in Voyshonye.

I thought the coast was a death trap? I pretty much got as far away from it as soon as i could.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

its impossible to loot with the new patch :( too many zeds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

nummnutts wrote: »
    Then, when you shoot, it attracts other zombies from nearby. Before you know it you've got more zombies than ammo coming for you..........and running is futile. :(

I find running through buildings is a good tactic as it they slow down one inside – probably messes with their path finding. Also they often get stuck on something especially in barns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

found this looking for info about the MOD, it might help gellow noobs like me get the game working

PFkn5.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement