Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam/Results Thread; Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I'm getting eye surgery tomorrow but I'm dreading these results more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

adamabyss wrote: »
    Where on Twitter?

Just searched for "nuim" and it came up. I am sure they're wrong though...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 adamabyss

Just searched for "nuim" and it came up. I am sure they're wrong though...

Plenty on Twitter about it alright, maybe it's true..?

From MaynoothStudentsSVP: twitter
    You can check out your exam results from noon tomorrow (Thursday) via nuim.ie and a hard copy will be posted to your home on Friday.

I will be glued to the results page tomorrow all day, regardless, I just know it.

Good luck everyone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

No offence, but what do the VdeP society have access to that we don't? Why would you trust them over any other student?

How so Joe wrote: »
    No offence, but what do the VdeP society have access to that we don't? Why would you trust them over any other student?

Exactly what I was thinking...

I'm not saying I trust it, just that that's where the twitter rumour is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Searched for 'nuim exam' and both SVPMaynooth and YFG_Maynooth mentioned it. Both from 6 hours ago? Same person in both groups?

How would they know though?

When does the exam board meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

It was, iirc, sometime around the first of June? There's some ridiculous delay between exam board and exam results. I assume it's something to do with printing and putting in envelopes several thousand sets of results or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

mickstupp wrote: »
    Searched for 'nuim exam' and both SVPMaynooth and YFG_Maynooth mentioned it. Both from 6 hours ago? Same person in both groups?

How would they know though?

When does the exam board meet?

Yeah it's the same person that posted that alright!

bleuhh wrote: »
    Yeah it's the same person that posted that alright!

Probably a wind-up merchant then.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

adamabyss wrote: »
    Probably a wind-up merchant then.

From the Maynooth SU Welfare Facebook page:

"Hey Guys, don't forget to check out our Summer Survival Guide for information on Exam Results, Discussing and Checking Exams along with Exam Appeals. Exam results should be posted online (directions included in the guide) tomorrow afternoon with hard copies being posted out on Friday so if you have changed address make sure to have the correct one registered with the Records Office in Humanity House before then."

"Hey Guys, don't forget to check out our Summer Survival Guide for information on Exam Results, Discussing and Checking Exams along with Exam Appeals. Exam results should be posted online (directions included in the guide) tomorrow afternoon with hard copies being posted out on Friday so if you have changed address make sure to have the correct one registered with the Records Office in Humanity House before then."

Well I wouldn't call the Student Union definitive proof either. It would have to be direct from someone who actually works for the University itself.

The key is probably the words 'should be'...

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Now I can't sleep because of this thread :( I really thought they were coming out friday, which is when we celebrate midsummer in Sweden. Ah well, guess it's better they come out tomorrow so I got time to rebound for our midsummer celebrations in case I get bad news.

But I still can't sleep... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Wendero wrote: »
    Now I can't sleep because of this thread :( I really thought they were coming out friday, which is when we celebrate midsummer in Sweden. Ah well, guess it's better they come out tomorrow so I got time to rebound for our midsummer celebrations in case I get bad news.

But I still can't sleep... :(

dude you're one of the smartest guys i know doing finance, you'll be fine that's more that II can say for myself..

I wish I didnt know that the results were out today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

I'm going out for a couple of hours so I can get away from my laptop. Otherwise I'll be sitting here pressing F5 for the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I doubt there will be anything before 2pm....at least there wasn't last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

How so Joe wrote: »
    It was, iirc, sometime around the first of June? There's some ridiculous delay between exam board and exam results. I assume it's something to do with printing and putting in envelopes several thousand sets of results or whatever.

I can't see why they can't release the online results straight away after the exam board and just tell us the paper will arrive in the following weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

heffo500 wrote: »
    I can't see why they can't release the online results straight away after the exam board and just tell us the paper will arrive in the following weeks.

The University Exam Board was yesterday so the results are released after the exam board meeting and not weeks after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh come on just release them already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Site is super slow, best of luck everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

21031009.jpg

FYP

"No Exam Result Detail Found."

It's happening...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Good luck everyone :)
    You all probably did better than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Gas brake honk... Gas brake honk... Honk honk punch, gas gas gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

I only seem to come on here when exam results are due.

The Biology department posted my provisional degree results a few weeks ago so no stress for me.

Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

I'm going to wear out the F5 button... why cant they just give an exact time and we wont all be sitting staring at screens for hours!

Advertisement