Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam/Results Thread; Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

DB21 wrote: »
    I call bull****?
    I was thinking the same, but it is possible that he had an interview with the extern the other day and that's how he found out.
    I'm still sceptical, anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 anygivensunday

It would probably depends on the dept you are in, I'm in Applied Social Studies and if I had failed any of my exams I would have been informed by now, especially as the results for the exam board had to be uploaded by the 4th so they would have known the previous week what the story was.

On further investigation (i.e. asking another friend in the same class), he did get his results. As did the other friend.
    Wish my department was that efficient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Dying to set my eyes on the results :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Eish... Results don't think I want them! Know one or two subjects that I may have failed. Just hope its true that the results had to be uploaded by now so if I failed anything (miracle if I didn't) then I would have been informed by now. Know a few got a re-sit for an exam so it's just the waiting game now :p

• Advertisement

Friday week. That's /counts/ 11 days away, still.
    Until then, it's all up in the air.

Argh, it's so frustrating that I have as many credits riding on this semester's 2 exams as I did on last semester's 7 exams. Stupid department.

Friday Week?! :eek: I don't mind not doing great but I would love if when they go through your results and a big fail flag goes up they would let you know. I understand that's not logistical or possible but hey I can dream..:rolleyes:

Personally, I've never understood why there's three weeks between the final exam board and the results being released, but that's the way it works, and always has done.
    I'm sure one of the hacks could come up with an explanation.

In the mean time, I shall continue to pretend to write a thesis, and spend inordinate amounts of time on facebook. =)

Facebook is like a magnet.. draws me in esp when it comes to exams... and you tube who can resist a funny cat? or a dog stuck in a toilet?!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Hate the wait between the end of the exams and the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 nmjw

If I failed one module and was able to compensate does anybody know how long it would take for the college to confirm my compensation? Just wondering if it's automatic or takes hours/days/weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It's automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmjw

It's automatic.

Thanks

Eek!

That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Anyone know what time the results come out at?!

There'll be an e-mail during the week letting us know.

Got my exam results. 1st + 2nd semester combined gives me 69.2%
    Aaaaaaaaargh.:mad:

How so Joe wrote: »

Wait what? I assume you get them early cause you're post-grad?

Also, is 69% bad?

DB21 wrote: »
    Wait what? I assume you get them early cause you're post-grad?

Also, is 69% bad?

I got them early 'cuz I asked my university in France for them. And 69 is excellent, but I'd rather have the extra .8% and get a distinction!
    SO CLOSE!

Well done! That's amazing! I do know what you mean about being so close...it can be a killer, but 69.2%:eek: Incredible result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

But 69.2 is a first.

raviravi wrote: »
    But 69.2 is a first.

I thought it was 69.5 was the cutoff. But in any case, I've still got a thesis to weigh in on my results so I guess it's not that big a deal.
    =)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

I thought it was 69.5 was the cutoff. But in any case, I've still got a thesis to weigh in on my results so I guess it's not that big a deal.
    =)

Well done so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Not sure if it differs from uni to uni but a friend got 69.1 last year in a different university and was given a 1st. Well done! It took me 6 months to get my results from my french uni, so much hassle!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Are the results online on the 22nd or in the post on the 22nd? They may be online on the 21st?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

dam it night mares have started to kick in, and its not funny.

2 horrible bad dreams in one night and I couldn't force myself out of those dreams.

Are the results online on the 22nd or in the post on the 22nd? They may be online on the 21st?

I'm not sure. It doesn't make sense for them to go online on the 22nd, as it's a Friday and results are supposed to arrive in the post the day after they're online. I'd assume banquo has a clearer picture of what's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

There were alot of speculations last year as well. in the end results came out on the day they were supposed to (between 12 and 2pm), with post to follow days after...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

=)

I'm almost certain that 69.1 is the cut-off and you get rounded up for the first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

last year was pretty mad, results didnt start getting released till 2.30 and was slower for a lot of people too.

Advertisement