Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam/Results Thread; Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

The F5 key on my laptop was never the same after last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pixie68

Hi, first year Arts student here just wondering what format the results appear in online, as in are individual module marks shown or is it just an overall grade for each subject and then for the year overall? Thanks

pixie68 wrote: »
    Hi, first year Arts student here just wondering what format the results appear in online, as in are individual module marks shown or is it just an overall grade for each subject and then for the year overall? Thanks

You'll get a mark for each module, and then a mark for each subject. Plus you'll get a mark for the year.
    The only thing you don't get a mark for is the breakdown of CA vs Exam marks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pixie68

Thanks for clarifying that. Good luck on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

What time can I get my results on Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Earlyish I hope. Have a long drive to do at around 2pm so I better have them before then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

If it's two, I may implode.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

feel sick about these results summer did not go well, god damn it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

1c1a wrote: »
    feel sick about these results summer did not go well, god damn it!!

It'll be alright. Remember, they are just exams at the end of the day. There's always the results in August if things go pear shaped.

girlonfire wrote: »
    It'll be alright. Remember, they are just exams at the end of the day. There's always the results in August if things go pear shaped.

Agree! You can always look at May as the mocks and August as the actual exams. =)

• Advertisement

Not sure if I can repeat masters exams it says on the exam website that there are no repeats for masters exams. I've a fecking thesis to do aswell!!!! Howsojoe are you doing the llb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Rumours about (as per usual) that results are in fact out tomorrow afternoon online, with Friday being the date for postal results.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

August is not always an option for some people. Some courses don't do repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Fiach (SU Welfare Officer) has made up a Summer Survival Guide which has info about the results, repeats, looking for accom and other stuff. Also has a step-by-step guide of how to check results online in case anyone doesn't know how

Read it here

1c1a wrote: »
    Not sure if I can repeat masters exams it says on the exam website that there are no repeats for masters exams. I've a fecking thesis to do aswell!!!! Howsojoe are you doing the llb?

No, I did the BCL with French and am finishing up the LLM (international) now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

So, results ARE online tomorrow, had it confirmed to me by Broni. They'll be up by 5pm

Best of luck everyone, and I'll see you in August :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

DB21 wrote: »
    So, results ARE online tomorrow, had it confirmed to me by Broni. They'll be up by 5pm

Best of luck everyone, and I'll see you in August :pac:

Oh Dear... <hyperventilates>...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 adamabyss

Who is Broni and how would he / she know for sure please?

Thanks,

Adam.

How so Joe wrote: »
    No, I did the BCL with French and am finishing up the LLM (international) now.
    I did those exams in Summer, so freaking out a bit about them

Broni is the vice-president for services, events and communication in the students' union, and all-around general nice guy.

• Advertisement

He's the SU communications officer. I suppose he just asked the exams office.

Good luck tomorrow everyone! I'm waiting until September for my "real" results :p

Edit: what How so Joe said. I'm too lazy to remember the full job title :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

How so Joe wrote: »
    Broni is the vice-president for services, events and communication in the students' union, and all-around general nice guy.

Id warn people not to get their hopes up though, as the president of the su 2 years ago himself posted something similar on boards but ended up being wrong.

edit: and his also a round nice guy

^ this. What Wonton said. Never trust that the results are coming out the day before they're stated, no matter who says it.
    All sorts of mad things can happen, and it's a pain in the butt getting your hopes up too early.

Not that it normally stops me hammering the refresh button roughly every ten seconds the day before 'official' results day every year.

Thanks but I doubt they'll be out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

just after checking and the past 2 years anyway they came out on a thursday, and someone did make the point earlier about how its usually online the day before you get it in the post so im thinking it might be tomorrow now seeing as the day after friday is saturday and the postmen be getting their shlayp on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

Twitter says they're up tomorrow...it must be true if it says on Twitter...

Everyone knows everything on twitter is true. The pope's died three times now. :rolleyes:

Every single year I've been in Maynooth the results have come out online on a Thursday online and in the post on Friday. So I'd be pretty certain they'll be out at some stage tomorrow.

I could nearly swear one year they didn't come out until the Friday. But I may be hallucinating that...

• Advertisement

Twitter says they're up tomorrow...it must be true if it says on Twitter...

Where on Twitter?

Advertisement