Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam/Results Thread; Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Have my worst day for exams in my entire time in NUIM tomorrow. 12.30 2 hour geography exam, 15.30 3 hour french exam.

I emailed the exams office during last week about bringing bananas or something in with me, haven't heard back :rolleyes: Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Jaysus that's awful!
    About food. Lots of people, including me, have been eating sweets etc. I think they'll turn a blind eye as long as it doesn't make noise. Bananas should be fine. And if it's half eaten before they notice, what can they do? Explain about the two exams and I reckon any invigilator would let you away with it. Except that one really narky loud invigilator. He'd probably accuse your banana of talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Should be studying now, but can't concentrate after the city match :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Asking on behalf of a classmate, what's the craic with not having your student card for an exam? I seem to remember something about just having to sign something extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

rcaz wrote: »
    Asking on behalf of a classmate, what's the craic with not having your student card for an exam? I seem to remember something about just having to sign something extra?

You can use another form of photo id, like an age card or passport. If you have nothing, you have to fill out a little form. I always forget my id!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I emailed the exams office during last week about bringing bananas or something in with me, haven't heard back :rolleyes: Can anyone shed any light on it for me?
    Some fella took out a Crunchie in the middle of biology - I'd say a banana is fine!

I fucking hate crunchies so that's grand.

Cheers lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

This next exam is going to fcuk me, and fcuk me good :(

Daemos wrote: »
    This next exam is going to fcuk me, and fcuk me good :(

Give it a reach-around, might boost your marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

That makes no sense. The exam would be the one to give the reach around; he's already being ****ed by it! He wouldn't be able to give a reacharound!

None of yer messing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

45 minutes to go. I know nothing, but I'm sick of waiting for this stupid long exam to start.
    /twiddles thumbs

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    That makes no sense. The exam would be the one to give the reach around; he's already being ****ed by it! He wouldn't be able to give a reacharound!

None of yer messing!

You seem to know a lot about this lololololololol

misc-herp-derp.png

I really don't like how the eyes and mouth in that image are filled in white but everything else is transparent.

I feel really old when I don't understand memes.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Physics wasnt that bad! I might've even passed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

2 exams left... Can't wait to finish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

1 left, roll on summer, awwww yeahhhhhhh boiiiii!!!!

Nerd 2: What are you going to do, Mr. Simpson?
    Homer: Actually, I've been working on a plan. During the exam, I'll hide under some coats, and hope that somehow everything will work out.

That's it, I'm done.
    Just a thesis to write now.

How much are you supposed to write in 36.6 minutes in an exam?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

rcaz wrote: »
    How much are you supposed to write in 36.6 minutes in an exam?

Quality over quantity. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pocpaul

DB21 wrote: »
    Quality over quantity. Always.

I hope so because I'm starting to worry. The last 3 exams i'v had I'v been doing 2 to 3 pages per hour exam. Trying to keep it to the point though not much waffle its just the guy or gal next to me always seems to be writing a fcuken book. Whats the usual amount people write in these things :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

pocpaul wrote: »
    I hope so because I'm starting to worry. The last 3 exams i'v had I'v been doing 2 to 3 pages per hour exam. Trying to keep it to the point though not much waffle its just the guy or gal next to me always seems to be writing a fcuken book. Whats the usual amount people write in these things :confused:

It depends on the subject. In biology for instance, we are required to have around 15 clear, expanded upon points in each exam essay. 15-20 points usually suffices. Those people "writing a book" usually a) swallowed the course notes and are repeating them verbatim, or b) are waffling like there's no tomorrow.

The most I'd get a chance to write is about 3.5 pages in a one essay question hour long exam. My handwriting is really elongated and spread out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I consider myself lucky to get 2 pages in 45 minutes.
    I consider myself extra lucky if the lecturers can read my handwriting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

what my hand writing looks like on the first page

handwriting.png

then on the last paragraph of the exam

205539.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Who the hell sets an exam on the weekend?! The music department of course, same shower who had us doing 9am monday mornings and 12 hour days all year. Now I've to go to the bother of sorting out train times etc. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Fbjm wrote: »
    Who the hell sets an exam on the weekend?! The music department of course, same shower who had us doing 9am monday mornings and 12 hour days all year. Now I've to go to the bother of sorting out train times etc. :mad:

the physics department love their saturday exams too, hence me still being on the computer now

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    the physics department love their saturday exams too, hence me still being on the computer now

Yep, Mr. Quantum laughed at us when he heard our exam for his module was on a Saturday :pac:

I got 9 pages written in that exam I was talking about, which is just over halfway through the answer book. The **** in front of me was asking for extra paper :P

• Advertisement

One of the guys a few chairs in front of me in my last exam asked for extra paper TWICE.
    What in the hell was he writing, I'd like to know? How could anyone say that much about trade law?

Advertisement