Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, you're officially long term unemployed

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

lol i have seen these ce jobs advertised,you can google them for yourself its a disgrace nobody should put up with it,think of the unemployment lines,these ce schemes are making longer and longer..:eek:

I think he likes me.... the rest of youse are fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

yore wrote: »
    In the real world, I think it's very rare for a person to have a job where they like every single aspect of that job and never have to do a task that they have no interest in.....

You may perhaps learn to work as a team and show responsibility. You may be able to show reliability or organisational skills, even though it might not be in an area you want to work

And I'mm sure that lots of people do jobs that they aren't really interested in but do the job because it's a good steady job or the best one they could get in order to meet their responsibilities.

If a recently graduated and relatively talented drama student finds themselves on the dole for the year, and they get offered a position doing filing in an office, are they justified in not doing it because it's not their dream job of a walk-on part in Fair City :rolleyes:

Obviously things have to change, things are ever changing, but a lot of people lose their essence in trying to meet their responsibilities, we lose our authenticity and become someone else, maybe good, maybe bad.

I feel if you work hard enough at what it is really you want to become you will succeed. I could be still working filing documents to this day like some automated robot, but I realized that wasn't what I came here to do so I quit made things happen for myself. The hardest thing about doing that is dealing with people like you every day who think they know everything, saying you should be doing this and you should be doing that. The only thing you should be doing is chasing your own goals and making them little by little become a reality, if that means you have to go on the dole for a while, so be it.

The reason this country is in bits at the moment is because there are people in high positions all around the country who are not suitable for these positions, they are working them because, as you said "it's a good steady job or the best one they could get in order to meet their responsibilities."

Luckily enough for me I've never had to go on the dole myself but not everyone has the same luck, so I don't put down anyone who is honestly trying to make things happen for themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

fas / jobbridge should be shut down completely they are free labour scams being abused by local employers,i mean supermacs advertisting for free labour come on..its a farce whos going to hire with these assholes in the way..

whats going to happen is that all these quangos will be eventually merged into one(job bridge),but its still going to be open to abuse,nobodys checking to see if these companies(like supermacs big bucks!!)can or cannot afford to hire,there should be some means test of eligibility to qualify at least for one of these schemes/job scams..

Advertisement