Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provincial Schools thread 2012-2013 *MOD WARNING POST 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Sounds like a seriously talented bunch of players. Long may this continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

But as I said, he played in this game (coming on as a sub) and I don't remember him having such an impact as young Cleary who did play really well on Sunday. Maybe the fact that he was playing in the forwards then is part of the reason.

I am not aware of his injury status this year or last and wish him nothing but the best, he is obviously talked of as a terrific talent by people who know what they are saying and he has the size to make a huge impact, I hope that he does. He is probably the most talked about underage player in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Judging from what people have been saying about this age group, Dardis sounds like he is the best of the bunch, seems to impress in every game he plays.

I think the fad for big centres, his surname, and Ireland's need for a 12 have conspired to make Brewer the "most talked about" underage player.

Tox56 wrote: »
    I think the fad for big centres, his surname, and Ireland's need for a 12 have conspired to make Brewer the "most talked about" underage player.

I actually think his move to centre has killed a lot of the hype. Most of his hype surrounded him when he was playing in the back-row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Be interesting to see if he gets handed an academy contract when he leaves school this year. As has been said-alot of other good centres around of a similar age.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    I actually think his move to centre has killed a lot of the hype. Most of his hype surrounded him when he was playing in the back-row.

I don't think it killed the hype, he is talked about a lot in relation to Leinster's future options at 12. Leinster have plenty of options in the backrow, you would expect a highly talented 12 to be a bigger story than a highly talented backrower, of which there are many in Leinster at the moment.

Someone like Brewer is going to be hyped up no matter where they play.

I don't think it killed the hype, he is talked about a lot in relation to Leinster's future options at 12. Leinster have plenty of options in the backrow, you would expect a highly talented 12 to be a bigger story than a highly talented backrower, of which there are many in Leinster at the moment.

The point is, the hype train got rolling while he was playing in the back-row, and if anything it's slowed down since he's moved to the centre.

I don't see it slowing down, no matter where he plays. I hope that he lives up to it. It will only get bigger when the Leinster Schools Cup starts and in all likelihood Terenure win the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if he gets handed an academy contract when he leaves school this year. As has been said-alot of other good centres around of a similar age.

That's true but even then would love to see how he'd turn out playing a season of AIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Not really, to be fair.
    The most-talked about player I hear of is actually Dardis. Having seen him play, I can see where the promise is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That's true but even then would love to see how he'd turn out playing a season of AIL.

Surely he'd end up playing a season of AIL even if he was in the academy? Unless he was particularly excellent and went straight into the Leinster team.

JustinDee wrote: »
    Not really, to be fair.
    The most-talked about player I hear of is actually Dardis. Having seen him play, I can see where the promise is.

Dardis might be the most talked about, and he does sound like a real talent, but Brewer is inevitably going to be one of the biggest names in the cup this year.

Dardis might be the most talked about, and he does sound like a real talent, but Brewer is inevitably going to be one of the biggest names in the cup this year.

Not if Terenure get knocked out in the first round he won't be! There will be alot of players talked about in The Cup this year-particularly Ross Byrne, James Ryan, Nick Timoney and Nick McCarthy

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Not if Terenure get knocked out in the first round he won't be! There will be alot of players talked about in The Cup this year-particularly Ross Byrne, James Ryan, Nick Timoney and Nick McCarthy

That is true, but they are favourites aren't they?

That is true, but they are favourites aren't they?

According to Tony Ward they are but the bookies odds have yet to be released. 'Michaels have a better squad in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Surely he'd end up playing a season of AIL even if he was in the academy? Unless he was particularly excellent and went straight into the Leinster team.

Well his AIL would be more limited than if not in the academy if you get me. With so much rugby to play with Leinster (B&I cup and A games etc.) I've found that academy players haven't really been playing as much AIL as I'd like to see, either through resting or injury.

Either way I really hope the myriad of talented players this year who don't go pro, keep up the rugby at 21s and then AIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Well his AIL would be more limited than if not in the academy if you get me. With so much rugby to play with Leinster (B&I cup and A games etc.) I've found that academy players haven't really been playing as much AIL as I'd like to see, either through resting or injury.

Either way I really hope the myriad of talented players this year who don't go pro, keep up the rugby at 21s and then AIL.
    He Would still play plenty of AIL in first year of academy. Not all first yr academy players play B&I cup.
    Your 2nd paragraph is the real key. All too often talented players give up the sport entirely once they leave school and dont go join a club to play AIL at u21 or senior level.

Match report here is from the connacht senior schools final

Well done Marist. School going from strength to strength since Winning a couple of years ago

Any results
    yesterday
    CBC Cork 12 Belvedere 12
    Portadown College v Ulster Youths u17s
    Castletroy v St Munchins
    today
    Ulster Youths v Grosvenor Grammar

upcoming fixtures
    tomorrow
    Glenstal v St Gerards
    High School v Blackrock
    Pres Bray v CUS
    Saturday
    Castleknock v St Marys
    St Michaels u17 v Leinster u17 youths(sept 2013 youths squad)
    Methody Belfast v Blackrock
    Wesley v CUS
    Belvedere v Castletroy
    Campbell Belfast v Rockwell
    St Michaels v PBC Cork
    Sunday
    St Munchins v Terenure

Any results?
    Michaels beat PBC 38-8
    Photo's of the game are below
    http://aidantarbett.photoshelter.com/gallery/St-Michaels-SCT-V-PBC-SCT/G0000hEsUXRQTGHQ/C0000a.yEcy9brME
    Castleknock beat Marys 22-5

• Advertisement

Weekend results
    Castleknock 22 St Marys 5
    Methody Belfast 5 Blackrock 32 pics from the game
    http://www.intouchrugby.com/magazine/gallery/?album=MethodistCollegeRFCIXVVAnOppositionSide
    Campbell Belfast 19 Rockwell 10 pics from the game http://www.intouchrugby.com/magazine/gallery/?album=CampbellCollegeRugbyIXVVAnOppositionSide
    St Michaels 38 PBC Cork 8
    St Munchins 10 Terenure 16

Any other results?

Vinnie Murray starts thursday. Any Tips on who will qualify from this
    C.U.S. v St Andrews College at Wanderers FC, 2pm
    High School v De La Salle Palmerston at Terenure College, 2PM
    St. Gerards v Templeogue at Seapoint RFC, 2PM
    CBS Wexford v Skerries C.C at Greystones RFC, 2PM
    Mount Temple v St Pats Navan at Ashbourne RFC, 2PM

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

Pres beat CUS 25 - 10 at Pres last friday - video here: www.youtube.com/user/breffnimartin

Thre 25 minute halfs with pres understrength (eg missing captain) three tries, tow conversions and two penos from pres vs a converted try and peno...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

ormond lad wrote: »
    Vinnie Murray starts thursday. Any Tips on who will qualify from this
    C.U.S. v St Andrews College at Wanderers FC, 2pm
    High School v De La Salle Palmerston at Terenure College, 2PM
    St. Gerards v Templeogue at Seapoint RFC, 2PM
    CBS Wexford v Skerries C.C at Greystones RFC, 2PM
    Mount Temple v St Pats Navan at Ashbourne RFC, 2PM

In my opinion Andrews will beat CUS despite size of CUS pack, Gerards should beat Templeogue - no idea for the others.

List of games Setanta are shwoing is now available. the First round pick is Terenure v Belvo, with the 4 QFs, 2 Semis + Final also being shown

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paumcg1973

Who is the favourite for senior cup in munster this year ??

Paumcg1973 wrote: »
    Who is the favourite for senior cup in munster this year ??
    PBC, Crescent, Munchins going by the interpro squads back in september and games played so far will be the strongest. Rockwell should be strong considering the number of interpros they have at both 18s and 19s but havent done well in their games so far this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paumcg1973

[Qurmond lad;82583990]
    PBC, Crescent, Munchins going by the interpro squads back in september and games played so far will be the strongest. Rockwell should be strong considering the number of interpros they have at both 18s and 19s but havent done well in their games so far this year[/Quote]
    I think the game between Rockwell and crescent will prob go a long way to determine one of the finalists it should be the game of the opening round!!!!

Paumcg1973 wrote: »
    PBC, Crescent, Munchins going by the interpro squads back in september and games played so far will be the strongest. Rockwell should be strong considering the number of interpros they have at both 18s and 19s but havent done well in their games so far this year
    I think the game between Rockwell and crescent will prob go a long way to determine one of the finalists it should be the game of the opening round!!!!
    That game should be game of opening round.
    Midleton won the Mungret Cup today, beating Bandon 3-0 and now play CBC in round 1 of Senior Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭thetruth_time

That game should be game of opening round.
    Midleton won the Mungret Cup today, beating Bandon 3-0 and now play CBC in round 1 of Senior Cup.
    CBC would want to be winning that one by a big score if they're going to be cup contenders this year!

Advertisement