Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - world beers - any 5 for €10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

anyone see any cheap cobra around?

Try Dunnes Stores... They had a box of 12 bottles for €12 in Dunnes in tullamore this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Liverpool1975

Theyre doing it again & I'm getting a Proper Job!! The wifey going to hate that joke but love that beer & that joke! Stinger any good? Sounds scary...nettle beer!!!

http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

looks like Paulander is in there this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭sioda

Stinger is lovely really well made tasty beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Here ya go...

tesco_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Utenos is a lovely light beer, little bit like corona if your into that an the bottle has cool little cap thingy :D

Gonna have to test a few of these out, tired of drinking the same ol crap all the time! I heard Effes is meant to be lovely aswel!

Haven't gone through all this thread yet, but someone mentioned listing your top 5 recommendations, I think that's a good idea :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

No Pilsner Urquell, Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Used to be a heinken man, but since they started these beers, my taste has changed. Now i only drink 2 on a sat night, but such a different class to the other stuff.

Wife bought me 10 for fathers day and another 10 yesterday for my birthday!

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Used to be a heinken man, but since they started these beers, my taste has changed. Now i only drink 2 on a sat night, but such a different class to the other stuff.

Wife bought me 10 for fathers day and another 10 yesterday for my birthday!

Happy days!

At least the industry(me included) can thank Tesco, in a small way, for bringing flavour to the masses. When I started selling premium beers I was thinking "yeah, these taste fine" etc etc but after a few months somebody offered me a bottle of Heineken and it was so watery and bland I was shocked I was drinking it for so long.

I often pick up a bottle or two of stuff I have never tried before just to try it and everybody else should. 1 bottle for €2.50(or so when not on offer) with your shopping is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

dorkacle wrote: »
    Haven't gone through all this thread yet, but someone mentioned listing your top 5 recommendations, I think that's a good idea :p
    Can't go wrong with any of the Irish beers (O'Haras (Carlow) or Whitewater (Belfast)). Others that tickle my fancy:
    Fuller's London Pride
    Fuller's Black Cab
    Moonraker Strong Ale
    Erdinger Ureweisse
    Schneider Weisse tap 7
    Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
    Weihenstephaner Vitus

But mostly O'Haras IPA, O'Hara's Leann Folainn, Whitewater Clotworthy Dobbin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

youngs choc stout
    Fursty ferret
    banana bead beer
    asahi
    efes

Would ve tried most of them through this offer and the above were the ones i enjoyed most.

Tescos really opened my eyes to what good beers are out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

wish tesco would bring back their deals on the brahma..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

madma wrote: »

What offer is that ? €10 for 12x330ml in Tesco Carlow last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Can't go wrong with any of the Irish beers (O'Haras (Carlow) or Whitewater (Belfast)). Others that tickle my fancy:
    Fuller's London Pride
    Fuller's Black Cab
    Moonraker Strong Ale
    Erdinger Ureweisse
    Schneider Weisse tap 7
    Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
    Weihenstephaner Vitus

But mostly O'Haras IPA, O'Hara's Leann Folainn, Whitewater Clotworthy Dobbin.

Which one is O'Hara's IPA?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

hobgoblin and old speckled hen are in aldi for 1.99 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Which one is O'Hara's IPA?

The one with the green label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

4 for €3.99! Used to buy it all the time! :cool:
    Gave me much worse of a hangover than Corona or Sol would tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Any sign of goose island IPA? Was in the same section last time, but not in the 5 for 10 offer. Think they were 1.50 each. Damn tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

TPD wrote: »
    Any sign of goose island IPA? Was in the same section last time, but not in the 5 for 10 offer. Think they were 1.50 each. Damn tasty.

Yeah I'm with you on that one, only discovered IPA a few months ago and it's my favourite now. There seems to be no IPA (well apart from the so-so O'Hara's "Irish Pale Ale") in this round of World Beers special offers. If it's any consolation to you Superquinn also have a world beers offer; it's 6 for the price of 5 and each beer is around 2.50 so it's more expensive that Tesco but they have a great selection of IPAs:

Goose Island
    Brewdog IPA
    Sierra Nevada
    Sierra Nevada Torpedo
    Brooklyn Lager Special Pale Ale
    etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is €1.50 per 330ml bottle in Celbridge Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Some of the beer are not going back on the offer so I understand but most are. Remember each store doesn't have to list everything they can actually list. If you don't see something I suggest you ask at customer service and they can order it for the next time. No skin off their nose.

TPD wrote: »

Love American IPA's. Try Proper Job, its best English IPA I've tried.

Is Brains SA Gold a Welsh IPA:confused:

Owryan wrote: »
    What offer is that ? €10 for 12x330ml in Tesco Carlow last weekend

yeah thats the normal price

they were doing a deal for 3 boxes of the 12 pcks (36 bottles) for €20.. which meant it worked out at 55cent a bottle! they did it for ages i was getting them but wish i stocked up.. i love that beer..

also the last time they did 4 boxes of the 12 packs (48 bottles) for €25.. which meant it was 50cent a bottle! they havent done those deals since early on in the year they must have gotten rid of all there stock :(

4 for €3.99! Used to buy it all the time! :cool:
    Gave me much worse of a hangover than Corona or Sol would tho!

they had a seriosly great deal on it for ages..if you see my post above above this..

really! thats why i loved it i got no hangover at all from it... sometimes id go through nearly a box of them and id be fresh next day.. i also miss the old irregular bottle shape they were class looking

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

they had a seriosly great deal on it for ages..if you see my post above above this..

really! thats why i loved it i got no hangover at all from it... sometimes id go through nearly a box of them and id be fresh next day.. i also miss the old irregular bottle shape they were class looking

Yeah I like Brahma for a light beer, my local Centra is doing 4 @ 3.99 so maybe worth a look in your nearest one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Yeah I'm with you on that one, only discovered IPA a few months ago and it's my favourite now. There seems to be no IPA (well apart from the so-so O'Hara's "Irish Pale Ale") in this round of World Beers special offers. If it's any consolation to you Superquinn also have a world beers offer; it's 5 for the price of 6 and each beer is around 2.50 so it's more expensive that Tesco but they have a great selection of IPAs:

Goose Island
    Brewdog IPA
    Sierra Nevada
    Sierra Nevada Torpedo
    Brooklyn Lager Special Pale Ale
    etc....

Worst. Sale. Ever. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭D_D

Dunno if it's readily available in Ireland, but I think the nicest beer I have ever tested was Innis and Gunn... Absolutely spectacular. It's brewed in oak caskets, and the flavour really comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

D_D wrote: »
    Dunno if it's readily available in Ireland, but I think the nicest beer I have ever tested was Innis and Gunn... Absolutely spectacular. It's brewed in oak caskets, and the flavour really comes through.

I've seen it in Superquinn before! Think they still have it

D_D wrote: »

Its defo in Tesco and maybe Superquinn. Never on offer:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Would anyone happen to know which (if any) of the 'new' beers in this offer are in the Tesco in Galway? I ask as it's a bit of a hike for me and I don't want to make the effort if they only have the usual suspects.

I'm particularly keen to find out if they're stocking: Fuller's Black Cab, Proper Job, and Oxford Gold.

Advertisement