Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - world beers - any 5 for €10

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Tesco Dundrum had a shelf full of Dunkel for €1 a bottle last night. First time I've found one of these offers there, or anywhere in Dublin for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

vicwatson wrote: »
    No Proper Job on it :(

I got proper job on the offer yesterday in Tesco Merrion Road

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

stevenmu wrote: »
    Tesco Dundrum had a shelf full of Dunkel for €1 a bottle last night. First time I've found one of these offers there, or anywhere in Dublin for that matter.

score! best off I got was leffe at euro a bottle, nearly through the backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

stevenmu wrote: »

Got a few myself from Tesco Dundrum. Don't keep them too long - the best before date on mine is the 15th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

fjon wrote: »
    Got a few myself from Tesco Dundrum. Don't keep them too long - the best before date on mine is the 15th of March.

Something expiring in the not too distant future is usually the reason for Tesco reducing the price (and making it look like an amazing offer). I check the date on everything I buy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yeah but for beer an expiry date won't generally affect the taste of the beer (or do you any harm) unless it's a very hoppy beer which can lose their zip a bit the older they get.

Yeah but for beer an expiry date won't generally affect the taste of the beer (or do you any harm) unless it's a very hoppy beer which can lose their zip a bit the older they get.

That is true however it's always nice to get a fresh product rather than one that is reaching its 'shelf' life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Or it's in a can.. expired or close-to-expired cans have been sitting in a metallic can for too long and all too often spoil the taste of the beer (no matter how cheap it is!).

(though not to worry about in the World Beers scenario.. since they're all bottled!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Basq wrote: »
    Or it's in a can.. expired or close-to-expired cans have been sitting in a metallic can for too long and all too often spoil the taste of the beer (no matter how cheap it is!).

(though not to worry about in the World Beers scenario.. since they're all bottled!)

I got a case of Fursty Ferret a couple of weeks ago for €12 dated Feb 2013. Tastes absolutly fine. The dates on beer are fairly short - I wouldn't think twice about drinking beer that was a month or two over.

stimpson wrote: »
    I got a case of Fursty Ferret a couple of weeks ago for €12 dated Feb 2013. Tastes absolutly fine. The dates on beer are fairly short - I wouldn't think twice about drinking beer that was a month or two over.

Around a 9 month shelf life is fairly common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Got a load of Copperhead in Tesco Clondalkin last week 1 euro per bottle. Exp dates are April 13 and Oct 13 (mostly).

Bargain and a half!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

Proper Job is gone from the Tesco in Oranmore. Is this the same elsewhere?

It was the only reason I went into that store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Proper Job is gone from the Tesco in Oranmore. Is this the same elsewhere?

It was the only reason I went into that store.

Haven't seen any of the St Austell's the Dublin stores over the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

It was on 3 for €7 a while ago now €3.09:eek: no more custom for Tesco for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

The Tesco nearest me has all but gotten rid of their World Beers. Jacked up the price hugely on their booze too especially the wine. Off to Aldi and Lidl for me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

same as that
    none of my usuals on offer
    asahi tiger erdingers all full price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Eh mods surly its time to call time on this thread, Tesco ended this deal over 6 months ago and it doesn't look like much of a chance of them reviving it

Tesco have something similar on until 18th March.
    -4 for €9 for large bottles: Tribute, O'Haras, Bulmers, Fullers, Asahi, Tiger, Erdinger, Proper Job, Efes, Paulaner etc
    -4 for €7 on Smithwicks Pale ale, Franciscan Well(new owners coors seem to have got them into Tesco), Blue moon

They also have offers on 8 packs of the pish beers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

What size are the FW brews?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Tesco have something similar on until 18th March.
    -4 for €9 for large bottles: Tribute, O'Haras, Bulmers, Fullers, Asahi, Tiger, Erdinger, Proper Job, Efes, Paulaner etc
    -4 for €7 on Smithwicks Pale ale, Franciscan Well(new owners coors seem to have got them into Tesco), Blue moon

They also have offers on 8 packs of the pish beers

Can't see it on their site

• Advertisement

Can't see it on their site
    I only saw it on a printed flyer.

stimpson wrote: »
    What size are the FW brews?

FW are 330ml

Hopefully this doesn't back fire on me now, someone leave me a few Tributes!

was there yesterday alright 4 for 9 asahi tiger erdinger and more
    I almost wiped them out of asahi this morning
    id say its been nearly a year since that was on offer
    got a few tigers also
    ill wipe them out of some more tomorrow

Offer ends 18/3 is what it said there

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

I only saw it on a printed flyer.

Can you take a pic/scan it if possible?

(Or if anyone else has it either, that'd be awesome)

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Can you take a pic/scan it if possible?

(Or if anyone else has it either, that'd be awesome)
    Will try to get a pic tomorrow

Here's a few pics of the flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭emo72

No peroni in the deal. Damn.

this is still on
    just left tesco oranmore

tigers and asahi still on the 4 for 9

two big peronis for 6 might interest some

offer due to end april 8

• Advertisement