Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

dar83 wrote: »
    gollywog wrote: »
    No it was plain to see when the guy had it on the balancing gizmo...
    No pics either as they have been sent off.
    Just in case, can you buy a single rep from alloys.ie does anyone know?

No, it pretty clearly states they don't do single wheels as far as I remember. :)

Balls....
    We'll with a bit of luck I won't need one anyway!
    God that space saver wheel is doing my head in, cant have any fun in the car at all with it, like gettin your presents Christmas morning and being told you can't open them til new years day.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Don't mind that, this is what you want...

Not a tall.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

CAO round zero results are out at 6am, dont know if i should just stay awake at this stage :pac: wont be much sleeping done regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

andyseadog wrote: »
    CAO round zero results are out at 6am, dont know if i should just stay awake at this stage :pac: wont be much sleeping done regardless!

I was out drinking the night before my LC results came out in 2004! I didn't go home at all, just kept drinking all night, not a wink of sleep, went into the school fairly tipsy and said that it was to take the edge off the shock I was about to get! I was shocked alright, did a lot better than I expected.

After typing all that I just realised you were talking about the CAO :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I was out drinking the night before my LC results came out in 2004! I didn't go home at all, just kept drinking all night, not a wink of sleep, went into the school fairly tipsy and said that it was to take the edge off the shock I was about to get! I was shocked alright, did a lot better than I expected.

LC is a load of cack anyway...

• Advertisement

haha your grand!
    i had a few beers last night in appreciation of the last year because i went to see Ted the movie tonight, which wasn't as good as the hype.

and btw my leaving cert was a relatively long time ago :pac: went back to edu this year and i already know my results, just waiting to find out do the college accept me because i'm a FETAC applicant!

166man wrote: »
    LC is a load of cack anyway...

for man reasons, your very right. forunately it's no longer the "be all and end all"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

for man reasons, your very right. forunately it's no longer the "be all and end all"

Thank god most of us are men then! :eek::P

Matt Simis wrote: »

hope they dont dock marks for spelling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Matt Simis wrote: »

Best of luck anyway dude :)

• Advertisement

What are you studying, if you dont mind me asking?

What are you studying, if you dont mind me asking?

ah dont get me started :P

finished a FETAC in AutoCAD this May. applied to do level 7 architectural technology.

then got my results and realised i could have qualified for level 8 entry, fairly disgusted. but granted my age i'm going to do the level 7 and then do the 8 afterwards if its still viable at the time.

so to answer your question, architectural technology in W.I.T. please God :)

finished a FETAC in AutoCAD this May. applied to do level 7 architectural technology.

then got my results and realised i could have qualified for level 8 entry, fairly disgusted. but granted my age i'm going to do the level 7 and then do the 8 afterwards if its still viable at the time.

Judging by this post, I take it that you're into design. People who are into design like things that are designed well and are appealing yes?? Yes......

Why in the name of mutharraGod did you buy a vectra?! :p

Ah cool. That would be interesting. Best of luck I hope you get it.:)

Im going back into education in september. :D Studying, computers some PLC course and then next year the plan is to go for Science in computer technology which consistes of sofeware design, internet something.:pac: etc. Its to with computrs anyway. which is in letterkenny IT.

Ah cool. That would be interesting. Best of luck I hope you get it.:)

Im going back into education in september. :D Studying, computers some PLC course and then next year the plan is to go for Science in computer technology which consistes of sofeware design, internet something.:pac: etc. Its to with computrs anyway. which is in letterkenny IT.

you do right, never a better time to go back to education. its flawless, great fun lifestyle and when your finished theres a good chance you wont be on the breadline for the rest of your life.

if your in a PLC this year just look as eager as ****, i'd swear they give marks for that, it makes entry to I.T's so much more accessable if you did a ****e leaving cert (like me).

You'l be hacking boards before we know it :pac:

Judging by this post, I take it that you're into design. People who are into design like things that are designed well and are appealing yes?? Yes......

Why in the name of mutharraGod did you buy a vectra?! :p

Im actually horrible at design :P i'm more into how **** works :)

that vectra was class, touching 50mpg, well spec'd car for cheap money, those are my justifications. much more enjoying my turbo petrol now though :D albeit even more tasteless!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

All you people working towards your careers... Makes me sad. :(

I'm waiting 'till next year (mature student, good bye 105 points in the leaving) I want to get into Cathal Bruagh Steet to study baking, that is, if I don't manage to land a job in a bakery before that.
    I know the leaving isn't the be all and end all but ****, I wish I tried harder back then because it would have made things much easier for now now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

that vectra was class, touching 50mpg, well spec'd car for cheap money, those are my justifications. much more enjoying my turbo petrol now though :D albeit even more tasteless!

You're trying to tell Mr Petrolhead over here (MM :D) that a diesel Vectra was class? :eek:

166man wrote: »
    You're trying to tell Mr Petrolhead over here (MM :D) that a diesel Vectra was class? :eek:

when driving 500+ miles a week and earning sub €200 quid :pac:

for 2000 euro i got a fresh modern looking car, featuring electric windows and mirrors, air con, trip computer, cruise control, automatic wipers, auto dim rear view mirror yada yada, was a very comfortable car.

cost €2050
    spent €120 on 4 part worns and roughly €150 on rear bushings and a second hand headlight and a service kit, NCT'd it. sold it 6 months and 10k miles later for 2300. so really only lost 100 odd quid for 6 months driving, grand :)

owner approached me last month to say the clutch master cylinder or something had gone, €700 to replace. i got out just in time :D

you do right, never a better time to go back to education. its flawless, great fun lifestyle and when your finished theres a good chance you wont be on the breadline for the rest of your life.

if your in a PLC this year just look as eager as ****, i'd swear they give marks for that, it makes entry to I.T's so much more accessable if you did a ****e leaving cert (like me).

You'l be hacking boards before we know it :pac:

Yup, but my leavingcert wasnt all smily faces and fluffy ducks either. I hated school. But after school I done a fetec course in hotel and catering. But as I realised I was allways looking at my watch, waiting to get home to go on boards. it wasnt my cup of tea. (see what I did there?) But I think I.T. is the way to go for me.

I dont have much interesting hacking boards, Id rather be a mod in the motors forum. :pac::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Yup, but my leavingcert want all smily faces and fluffy ducks either. I hated school. But after school I done a fetec course in hotel and catering. But as I realised I was allways looking at my watch, waiting to get home to go on boards. it wasnt my cup of tea. (dee what I did there?) But I think I.T. is the way to go for me.

I dont have much interesting hacking boards, Id rather be a mod in the motors forum. :pac::cool:

I never knew what i wanted to be until the other week (for the love of god please dont ask why) (aged 20).

But there's two things i'd like to be,

A) A Garda

B) An accountant.

I'm hoping the Garda are going to recruit soon, if so i'll put in and if i dont get it i'll work until im an accountant but work part time aswell as being a mature student in college.

IMHO its quite the opposite of tasteless to buy a car and bring it back to factory spec. I like that, however nothing can justify a vectra especially the boring banality of mpg :rolleyes:

CianRyan wrote: »

I'm waiting 'till next year (mature student, good bye 105 points in the leaving) I want to get into Cathal Bruagh Steet to study baking, that is, if I don't manage to land a job in a bakery before that.
    I know the leaving isn't the be all and end all but ****, I wish I tried harder back then because it would have made things much easier for now now.

I done the leaving cert applied and I wish I done the normal leaving cert. The LCA was just a way for me to act the cnut for the last two years of my schooling days. :pac: But if I done the normal LC, I could have saved one year atleast, but whats done is done. So there is no point in regreting what I did/didnt do. I just try and look to the future. But at the end of the day Cian do what you want, if you study bakery sure its experience under the belt. So either way its looking good for you. :)

CianRyan wrote: »

i never tried back then either, got a similar points score to you. wanted to be a mechanic since i was old enough to walk, dad was and my grandad was, i love engines and cars. when i got out of school i spent a few years being bounced from pillar to post in the motor trade and eventually got let go and just said i couldn't waste any more time on the "dream" and had to tell myself it would never be more than a hobby.

then it took another year off for me to cop on and sign up for a course. now a year into that aged 22, i wrok for tesco and have found a new interest i can see myself having a career in.

@ cian specifically, its a bit late now (because doing the course will take the same lenght as sitting there waiting to be a mature student) but doing a PLC undoes your leaving cert result and can get you a much better points score and get you where you want to be. sounds like you want to be stuck into some tasty baps :pac: :pac: :P
    also sounds like we're all the same age!

IMHO its quite the opposite of tasteless to buy a car and bring it back to factory spec. I like that, however nothing can justify a vectra especially the boring banality of mpg :rolleyes:

its not a car i'd usually consider, i like to drive for fun :D but at the time, there was a greater good and i just had no other choice.

edit : except the 1.8d focus i had just gotten out of which was much, much worse.

I never knew what i wanted to be until the other week (for the love of god please dont ask why) (aged 20).

A) A Garda

B) An accountant.

I'm hoping the Garda are going to recruit soon, if so i'll put in and if i dont get it i'll work until im an accountant but work part time aswell as being a mature student in college.

If you wanted to increase your chances off getting into the Gardai, you should join the Garda reserves.

Failing that you could always become an alcoholic beverage :pac:

If you wanted to increase your chances off getting into the Gardai, you should join the Garda reserves.

Kopparberg, so nice at the time but give it a few hours and its tearing the stomach out of you... or is that just me :pac:

really enjoying pear bulmers at the minute, hope that diohrhea thing is just a rumour.

A) A Garda

B) An accountant.

Your only a year older then me mate.

Two very good jobs. Its good though to have a back up plan.

What I want to do as a career went like this:

Stuntman
    Clown
    Actor
    rally driver
    Singer
    Fireman
    Garda - my uncle is a gard, so I thought he would get me in. But it dosnt work that way. :D
    mechanic
    Male model. :o
    To work in "pimp my ride"
    Teacher
    chef
    now im up to date at working in IT. So im going to stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Kopparberg, so nice at the time but give it a few hours and its tearing the stomach out of you... or is that just me :pac:

really enjoying pear bulmers at the minute, hope that diohrhea thing is just a rumour.

One must "become" the drink to truly enjoy it :pac:

Is the Garda reserve a part time or full time job ? I have a job at the moment and what not.

only women can drink me:pac:

• Advertisement

Is the Garda reserve a part time or full time job ? I have a job at the moment and what not.

I dont think its paid. I tink its a valentry kinda thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement