Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Not motoring related, but time to look for a new job. Balls. :(

Sorry to hear that Chuck. I hope you get sorted soon. And good luck with the move too.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Chuck. I hope you get sorted soon. And good luck with the move too.

Shane

Cheers Shane. In a sense, it's a good thing. Been stuck in a rut there for a couple of years, and have had a serious pain in my tits te past couple of months. So it may just entice me to do something interesting with my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Demon shine is unreal.

It just is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Demon shine is unreal.

It just is.

I used it the last time I washed he car. Then went over it with Megs 2.0. Might just clay the car, and do the reverse this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

Demon shine is unreal.

It just is.

i used demon shine from a spray bottle and it was quite good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Cheers Shane. In a sense, it's a good thing. Been stuck in a rut there for a couple of years, and have had a serious pain in my tits te past couple of months. So it may just entice me to do something interesting with my life.

I'm only out of college a year, I did engineering and there was nothing going. The graduate jobs had dried up as everyone was willing to work for the same money. I took the chance to do a masters in a computer and now happily working in computing and I find it more interesting. Age was definitely on my side to make the change, but others in my class were considerably older and nearly all in software development jobs right out of the course.

Perfect opportunity to make a change if that's what you want to do. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Not motoring related, but time to look for a new job. Balls. :(

Really sorry to hear that mate. best of luck in the job search. Its though out there but it just a matter of getting out there with your CVs and chatting to the boss men. Or wimmin. Anyway best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Driving around in the 406 all evening... Just wow :cool:

Such a big, lazy, roomy, comfortable car :) by lazy I mean you don't need to rev the nuts off it to go. That turbo whistle is soooo addictive :D Handles bumps so smoothly (my fillings are nearly rattled out of my head after the van). Lovely soft seats, great sound from the speakers... I could go on and on. Either way, I'm a very happy chappy :)

Turbo lag makes very interesting overtaking! :D oh and, er, no smoke no poke POWWWWWWW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Demon shine is unreal.

It just is.

Yep, I've 3/4 of a litre left in the spray bottle. I should have got the 5l? I think halfords have it. It would last 12 months or more.

carplan-demon-shine-5l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Good and all as Demon Shine is, it's known to attack and breakdown any polish, wax or sealant on the paintwork.

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Driving around in the 406 all evening... Just wow

Such a big, lazy, roomy, comfortable car by lazy I mean you don't need to rev the nuts off it to go. That turbo whistle is soooo addictive Handles bumps so smoothly (my fillings are nearly rattled out of my head after the van). Lovely soft seats, great sound from the speakers... I could go on and on. Either way, I'm a very happy chappy

Turbo lag makes very interesting overtaking! oh and, er, no smoke no poke POWWWWWWW

Just wait till you have her felted (is what we say? felted?) Lad!

Good and all as Demon Shine is, it's known to attack and breakdown any polish, wax or sealant on the paintwork.

Boo Hoo!

I paid 1.22 for a 2 litre bottles and 4 quid for a pressure sprayer.

I put in 250 ml into the 5l sprayer and the rest water. I've used it twice on the car after two washes and just about half of it is gone from the sprayed.

250 into 2000 goes 8 times, times 4 is 36 washes! For 1.22 and it beads as well as any wax I've ever used for less than 5 cent a go I don't mind :P

Plus, the shine is fantastic.

Just wait till you have her felted (is what we say? felted?) Lad!

No, we don't say that word around here!

Boo Hoo!

I paid 1.22 for a 2 litre bottles and 4 quid for a pressure sprayer.

I put in 250 ml into the 5l sprayer and the rest water. I've used it twice on the car after two washes and just about half of it is gone from the sprayed.

250 into 2000 goes 8 times, times 4 is 36 washes! For 1.22 and it beads as well as any wax I've ever used for less than 5 cent a go I don't mind :P

Plus, the shine is fantastic.

Does it bead?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes it beads, read the post again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

pred racer wrote: »
    So if you see a black alfa behind you on the M7 and it looks like the drivers head is about to explode.........please do the decent thing and GTFO of the way:D

I second this..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes it beads, read the post again

Someone is clearly jealous of LM's beads... :pac:

Boo Hoo!

Boo hoo is right but just know that you're wasting your time doing anything with a D/A or applicator pad as long as you're using Demon shine ;)

Boo hoo is right but just know that you're wasting your time doing anything with a D/A or applicator pad as long as you're using Demon shine ;)

What?

If I used the Da to cut back the paint to remove swirls I'm sure demonshine isn't going to act like a bush and make them reappear ;)

What?

If I used the Da to cut back the paint to remove swirls I'm sure demonshine isn't going to act like a bush and make them reappear ;)

Nah that's different, I was talking about a glossing polish rather than a cutting polish :D

• Advertisement

Nah that's different, I was talking about a glossing polish rather than a cutting polish :D

Never used a DA as a glossing method, don't see the point! I'll post pics tomorrow.

Might break out the extra 5 cent and demonshine it again :L

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You mad man:eek:

Never used a DA as a glossing method, don't see the point! I'll post pics tomorrow.

It takes the work out of applying a glossing polish by hand. Shur I asked you ages ago in reply to pictures you posted if you gave the jag a correction and your reply was "Me hole I did" :D

I took it from that that you wouldn't bother correcting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

It takes the work out of applying a glossing polish by hand. Shur I asked you ages ago in reply to pictures you posted if you gave the jag a correction and your reply was "Me hole I did":D
    I took it from that that you wouldn't bother correcting it.

This is going to be my answer to any frenchie that asks me anything for the next week:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3312324

No NCT and I reckon its being sitting up a while but a savage motor all the same.

Reg reminds me of Jimbobs ST :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3312324

No NCT and I reckon its being sitting up a while but a savage motor all the same.

Reg reminds me of Jimbobs ST :pac:

Thats cool. But whats the point of showing an out of date N.C.T disk?

Also would they have the work done for the next N.C.T?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thats cool. But whats the point of showing an out of date N.C.T disk?

Also would they have the work done for the nect N.C.T?

Well there in lie the ground on which you should buy the car (or at least any perspective buyers should), you ask them to put it through NCT first.

Three things can happen.
    1. They say no: Walk the hell away because they know something terrible is wrong with the car and they don't want to fix it.
    2. They say yes and it fails on something minor: This is fine as long as they're willing to have it fixed and retested for you. If not, walk away, there'll be another car from a better dealer.
    3. They say yes, the car is tested and passes: Happy days, you found your nest car. :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    Well there in lie the ground on which you should buy the car (or at least any perspective buyers should), you ask them to put it through NCT first.

Three things can happen.
    1. They say no: Walk the hell away because they know something terrible is wrong with the car and they don't want to fix it.
    2. They say yes and it fails on something minor: This is fine as long as they're willing to have it fixed and retested for you. If not, walk away, there'll be another car from a better dealer.
    3. They say yes, the car is tested and passes: Happy days, you found your nest car.

Apart from the insurence. Its a 2.0l petrol. :eek::pac:

I get what your saying though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Was only up at that garage a few weeks ago having a gander at their stock. Lost of high end, big engine stuff only with a few exceptions. Got the impression as well some of their stuff is imported. Maybe I'm wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Apart from the insurence. Its a 2.0l petrol. :eek::pac:

I get what your saying though. :)

I don't think the scrotes have taken to Clio's yet so insurance might still be ok! :D
    Was only up at that garage a few weeks ago having a gander at their stock. Lost of high end, big engine stuff only with a few exceptions. Got the impression as well some of their stuff is imported. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Sure there's nothing wrong with imports. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement