Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Also Cian, How you getting on with the driving lessons?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Pretty handy, yeah.
    I'm still only out with my parents, they don't feel right with me going out alone with their cars yet. Mostly to do with the amount of Garda around here though really, learners constantly being stopped.
    How about you? You've had your first official lesson recently, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

CianRyan wrote: »
    I don't think the scrotes have taken to Clio's yet so insurance might still be ok! :D

Those 2.0l ones ? Doubt it.

All the other ones yeah big time :P.
    Sure there's nothing wrong with imports. :)

Not at all, there's actually a couple of dealers in that industrial estate that seem to mostly sell UK imports. Have saw many a nice Jag or Aston around there before.

Pretty handy, yeah.
    I'm still only out with my parents, they don't feel right with me going out alone with their cars yet. Mostly to do with the amount of Garda around here though really, learners constantly being stopped.
    How about you? You've had your first official lesson recently, right?

I did, I have another one tomorrow at 12. Goodnight. My mother is up giving out. :pac::o

Both of yous doing EDT at the moment ? :)

• Advertisement

Those 2.0l ones ? Doubt it.

All the other ones yeah big time :P.

Can I not kid myself into thinking I can own something like that? :(
    Being a low twenties lad is a right pain when you like cars. Ha
    Not at all, there's actually a couple of dealers in that industrial estate that seem to mostly sell UK imports. Have saw many a nice Jag or Aston around there before.

I don't know about the rest because I'm not a native of the north pole but Cameron do seem to have a lot of nice cars in stock.
    Apart from the M cars and Porsches there's a lovely looking Celica and a 106 GTI in stock.
    I wish I could go throw money at some dealer but really I'm best of sorting out some insurance first. :pac:

I am, not sure about bubbles. He's driving a while but he's being made make it official now.
    I've one page to clear and I'm ready for the test, I've an instructor that owes me two lessons so I've to hunt him down and get him to clear me for September.
    I'm DYING to get this test, I'll be right on to book it as soon as I've cleared the last page.

Was never on EDT myself but for the amount of lesson I've took I might as well of being. I've to get around to booking my own test soon too.

The thought of paying 85 quid kills me, especially when 2/3 years ago it was only 35. It doesn't help either of rumors going around that its to be brought up to 150 in the coming months which makes me more anxious to pass.

Haha, yeah I figure most people end up needing the 12-15 lessons it takes to clear the book anyway so I was never bothered by that part of it. The money's not too bad either if you're smart. I got 13 lessons and 6 months insurance for ~€450 on both my parents cars. Not bad at all.

Was it really that cheap? God, I thought it had always been €85. I guess it stops people rushing in and failing, helps cut down on numbers going into test centers.
    If it end up going up to €150 before I pass I'll go mental, that said, I'm planning on passing first time. :D

That would be the Aviva deal you got ?

Those 6 month policies are good for value but very restricting, mainly because your ''meant'' to have either the policy holder or a named driver in the car with you and that's it. And lets face it, your parents are usually the worse people to have in the car with you when learning, or in my case anyway.:rolleyes:

Well you're not really "meant" to be driving without a fully licensed driver on your prov' anyway. Haha
    My parents like to think they're all right but Jesus.
    My mam pulled my handbrake when I was entering a round about because she though a car was coming... No car.
    My dad gives out to be more releasing my hand break last on a hill start, gives out to me for indicating when there's no one around and tell's me not to be looking around so much before setting off...

I don't know what's worse, my mother trying to kill me or my father constantly telling me to break the law. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Both equally tbh. I know what your going through though :pac:

Ive nearly come close to a handbreak incident before myself. Aulfella doesn't get in the car with me anymore, for my safety, he like that with loads of people though. My aulone is the one who suggests I should drive down bus lanes and all that. Rarely in the car with me either so its not all that bad. I've even come to the stage where I just let them drive to avoid hassle :D

Haha, and they expect us to carry on with all of this crap for out tests. Clever elders.
    I'm dying to sort out my insurance so I can just grab my keys and drive without trying to get my parents to accompany me. Just being able to drive to my GF's house instead of having to cycling in the rain just seems like an utter, unimaginable luxury... Some day. :)

Right, I've to find a birthday present for the old lady tomorrow, best be off to bed so I can actually get up tomorrow and find something... Might just resort to online shopping though. :D
    'Night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Set my alarm to get up now to start the process of D/A'ing the car.... Looking at the weather I don't think that will be happening :-\ you get quare tired with the weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Christ, someone's up early this morning, and eager!

Fair play to ya. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Driving lessons... When I was 18 after my very first lesson I was told to apply for the test straight away :D I had been driving for 6 years before that though... I have the room for off roading :cool:

Due to a field of spuds across my house, my lovely clean 406 ain't clean, already.... :rolleyes:

Getting up and keeping awake on such a crap morning required coffee so strong it nearly had to be cut with a scisors :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

dgt wrote: »
    Driving lessons... When I was 18 after my very first lesson I was told to apply for the test straight away :D I had been driving for 6 years before that though... I have the room for off roading :cool:

Due to a field of spuds across my house, my lovely clean 406 ain't clean, already.... :rolleyes:

Getting up and keeping awake on such a crap morning required coffee so strong it nearly had to be cut with a scisors :pac:

Enjoy the 406 mate, great car, I had one for 2 years, it was nearly as comfy as the c5 but handled alot better;)
    The TD I had could have done with 20 more bhp though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

dar83 wrote: »
    Christ, someone's up early this morning, and eager!

Fair play to ya. :P

Has to be done man,
    Need to get her sparkly!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am up since 4:00 ya bastards, but different from you I am too busy at work to post on boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Lads, what kind of money would you be paying for an indy to do an oil and filter change on the 325? Trying to weigh up whether I should do it myself or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

First look of the inside of a woman drivers car when stopped at a red light :D

01S4c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lads, what kind of money would you be paying for an indy to do an oil and filter change on the 325? Trying to weigh up whether I should do it myself or not!

Supplying the parts?

30 quid max.

What you have to remember is doing a service yourself is grand because you can just change the oil and filter, but getting a mechanic (Someone you trust) will be able to spot other bits and pieces that may need replacing etc.!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Supplying the parts?

30 quid max.

What you have to remember is doing a service yourself is grand because you can just change the oil and filter, but getting a mechanic (Someone you trust) will be able to spot other bits and pieces that may need replacing etc.!

Well, it'd probably work out cheaper for them to supply the parts rather than me going off and buying them. The only concern is that they use the correct grade oil, and not whatever ****e they have lying around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The story of a tuner and an awesome car. Interesting read, for me anyway :)

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/07/the-language-of-tuning-romain-levesques-crx-pt-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Well, it'd probably work out cheaper for them to supply the parts rather than me going off and buying them. The only concern is that they use the correct grade oil, and not whatever ****e they have lying around!

Got an email from this crowd the other day they had a special on oil changes, not sure if this is the price that was in the email as I have deleted it.

http://www.bloomfieldgarage.ie/services/read.html?id=1

They have been about a good while.

This driving lesson went better. I feel more confident now on the road and roundabouts. So after the driving lesson, I got that urge to drive very dangers like a maniac. So I went into the arcade. To get it out of my system. I went onto the 2fast 2furious game. It worked well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This driving lesson went better. I feel more confident now on the road and roundabouts. So after the driving lesson, I got that urge to drive very dangers like a maniac. So I went into the arcade. To get it out of my system. I went onto the 2fast 2furious game. It worked well. :D

Just FYI there is a learning to drive fourm. It's a very useful resource with links to sites with videos showing 'how to' do all types of driving. I've used it myself when I was learning. I'm driving almost 7 years now :eek:. It seems like only yesterday I was learning, the thing is though you never stop learning, I still am. :)

Fiona wrote: »
    Got an email from this crowd the other day they had a special on oil changes, not sure if this is the price that was in the email as I have deleted it.

http://www.bloomfieldgarage.ie/services/read.html?id=1

They have been about a good while.

Cheers Fiona, might give them a bell, they're close enough to work too which could be handy.

• Advertisement

:)
    Hal1 wrote: »
    Just FYI there is a learning to drive fourm. It's a very useful resource with links to sites with videos showing 'how to' do all types of driving. I've used it myself when I was learning. I'm driving almost 7 years now :eek:. It seems like only yesterday I was learning, the thing is though you never stop learning, I still am. :)

Thanks for that link mate. :)

Ya, that exactly it, I learned that there is alot of things to look out for and to be aware of when driving down a street. I sorta knew the roundabout. But its to remember to indicate, check mirrors ect. But you really need to consintrate and remember all these thng. But practise is the only way you acn learn really. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement