Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Not for me anyway, I go from work and I work in field sales, (no, I don't sell 'fields' smartasses :P ) to my Dad and have been ferrying his changes of clothes and other bits n bobs. Public transport wouldn't cut it and plus I don't want to put my mother through that. Patients should be given a pass or something tbh, it can't be easy for a lot of people

It's lethal there, have you asked if there is any sort of pass type system?

Off to east Cork tomorrow and back in the one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I worked in James' Hospital years ago.....if times on your side, you'd prob be better off just parking it illegally (not blocking ambulances, etc) and remove their clamp..they used to use the old DCC ones that are piss easy to get off.;)

They have good ones now the fookers and tbh I wouldn't be arsed in a hospital, pissing off NCPS at home is a different matter
    166man wrote: »
    +1

A pass for immediate family members makes sense. Hope Gary ITR Snr is alright btw... :)

All positive thinking and thoughts gratefully accepted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Question, is this a Garda thing or an Avensis thing.

Squad Avensis rolled by us this evening in the pitch black with headlights on, but no taillights. Mentioned it to them through the window and he flicked them on.

Do all Avensis have this feature or just the squad cars? He said that they're a pain in the hole.

Sort of DRL type thing with heads?
    What were you up to anyway :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anyone recommend a good place in Dublin to get a spare key cut and coded?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Squad Avensis rolled by us this evening in the pitch black with headlights on, but no taillights. Mentioned it to them through the window and he flicked them on.

Do all Avensis have this feature or just the squad cars? He said that they're a pain in the hole.

Was it a new avensis? If new I'd say its the main flaw that I always though with DRL's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

RoverJames wrote: »
    Sort of DRL type thing with heads?
    What were you up to anyway :pac:

Standing beside my mates E46 3 series wondering why it wouldn't start. :pac:
    Was it a new avensis? If new I'd say its the main flaw that I always though with DRL's.
    Yup, brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The daylight running lights light up the front lights but not the back. The dash light is on also which fools you to think that the lights are on.

Awful silly design of system. We had a 95 Volvo 440 that used to switch the dips on with the ignition. Far better system. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Heated seats is the best invention of civilised world! I don't care! It's just is!!!

Mmmmmmm.... My bum is so warm...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah, parking is pretty steep up there, a relative of mine had terminal cancer, it made things for her husband even worse having to spend so much money there.

A lot of hospitals will make special arrangements for people in situations like this. They keep prices high to discourage non visitor parking and also to keep visits short!

• Advertisement

Ah lads. Finished work, took a way longer route home just because I wanted some fun driving! Came back home and misses had s small kiddy pool up in the back garden for dog to cool down.
    So now I am like some redneck sit in a garden chair with my feet in pool and enjoying sunshine.
    To make it even better misses just brought me a bottle of miller freezing cold out of the fridge.
    I must be in heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ah lads. Finished work, took a way longer route home just because I wanted some fun driving! Came back home and misses had s small kiddy pool up in the back garden for dog to cool down.
    So now I am like some redneck sit in a garden chair with my feet in pool and enjoying sunshine.
    To make it even better misses just brought me a bottle of miller freezing cold out of the fridge.
    I must be in heaven!

I'm stuck in work. :(

166man wrote: »
    I'm stuck in work. :(

/hug :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

/hug :(

Ghey........

On another note, this is one reason why I don't like Carzone. They charge you €40 to advertise on their site yet if you pay for an ad on a Friday evening, it takes until Monday or the next working day before it's published. On Done Deal, it's published within 5 minutes as are any changes you make after that.

Also, went to Batman last night...OH...MY...GOD!!!!!!!!!!! Tom Hardy was phenomenal as Bane. The whole film was the epitome of epicness and my god it lived up to the hype!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ghey........

Nothing "ghey" about a man hug!

Ghey........

On another note, this is one reason why I don't like Carzone. They charge you €40 to advertise on their site yet if you pay for an ad on a Friday evening, it takes until Monday or the next working day before it's published. On Done Deal, it's published within 5 minutes as are any changes you make after that.

Also, went to Batman last night...OH...MY...GOD!!!!!!!!!!! Tom Hardy was phenomenal as Bane. The whole film was the epitome of epicness and my god it lived up to the hype!!!

i would love to go and see it, but i bet cinema is going to be packed on saturday night :(. And i am not fan of rubbing my arse with hundreds of strangers....

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Just back from Mondello, my best ever race too. Started last and was leading the race after two laps. Stayed in first until the last corner of the last lap where I had to avoid hitting another car. Finished second!
    I decided to clap instead of boo when you were on the podium :)

If you need a hand with anything tomorrow just holler

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Just back from Mondello, my best ever race too. Started last and was leading the race after two laps. Stayed in first until the last corner of the last lap where I had to avoid hitting another car. Finished second!

Congrats dude!

How come you started last? Bad qualifying laps?

Friend of mine racing tomorrow in the ITCC.

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Congrats dude!

How come you started last? Bad qualifying laps?

Friend of mine racing tomorrow in the ITCC.
    Who's your friend?;a bit of Americana down there today too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Nothing "ghey" about a man hug!

Unless its naked... Then it's definitely questionable.

• Advertisement

Dave Bailey - drives an Integra

Dave Bailey - drives an Integra
    Lol well that narrows it down :p he's actually been out a few tines this year. You coming down to cheer him on?

Lol well that narrows it down :p he's actually been out a few tines this year. You coming down to cheer him on?

He's been doing fairly well in his class - or at least he tells me so!

Actually he's 2nd on points.

550857_294707407287783_595296847_n.jpg

He's been doing fairly well in his class - or at least he tells me so!

Actually he's 2nd on points.

550857_294707407287783_595296847_n.jpg
    Heabbeen putting in consistent drives but he has an ST car :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I can never put rallying into words, so I think this video does it.

Heabbeen putting in consistent drives but he has an ST car :p

I didn't make it down today - what's an ST car?

FFS. i ordered myself one more monitor for my gaming setup, so down 190eu. then checked that payments are being taken for track day. so down on money again!

god dammit, if i would be my misses i would throw me out of the house for week to sleep on a door matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I didn't make it down today - what's an ST car?

Super Touring?

dar83 wrote: »
    Super Touring?

Yeah, copped that not long after I posted. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3663920#

See this yoke, I have the feeling it's not actually a sporting as the broom yellw paint would suggest, but a special edition, it may have been called 'cool'
    Anyone remember these? 1.2 8 valve and 5 speed box but with some sporting bits?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement