Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I thought you quit??

I quit 3 weeks ago if that's what you're thinking of??
    Antares wrote: »
    I quit quitting. Quitting is for quitters :D

Damn right!! I'm a quitter of cigarettes but an un-quitter of life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I quit 3 weeks ago if that's what you're thinking of??

Damn right!! I'm a quitter of cigarettes but an un-quitter of life :D

Im off the beer 3 years there a month ago! :D it was out of neccesity rather than choice though :(

gollywog wrote: »
    Im off the beer 3 years there a month ago! :D it was out of neccesity rather than choice though :(

Fair play to you man! To be honest, giving up anything like that is a necessity really, especially smokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I gave the Avensis its first wash since march....:)

Im sure if Vectra or Metzgermeister were mods here I would get a infraction for that comment...:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

-Corkie- wrote: »

Im sure if Vectra or Metzgermeister were mods here I would get a infraction for that comment...:pac::pac:

Did you use a sponge and one bucket and a brush? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Pics? I'm curious to see what it looks like clean

Did you use a sponge and one bucket and a brush? :p

Just a brush actually...:D

I got a new power washer today that included a highfoam lance and its the dogs bollocks..

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Pics? I'm curious to see what it looks like clean

20120719_202757.jpg

Jaysus that looks well!! Lovely house too!

I like the house more than the car! :D Is that the Passat beside her? Did you keep it?

• Advertisement

I like the house more than the car! :D Is that the Passat beside her? Did you keep it?

Ya I decided to keep it and I bought the RNS 510 for that last week and spent another 350 fixing the climate control and I am painting the house next week!!!!!!

Thought you ditched my €2 shop hubcaps :confused:

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Thought you ditched my €2 shop hubcaps :confused:

LIdl ones actually....:D

I didnt get time to get the alloys on yet. The next weekend I am off I might do it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i fecking gave up on washing scoobie. Its dirty as this fella next day after a wash thx to this amazing weather.

1987_predator_004.jpg

Its scoobie! dirt fecking making it more sturdy!

LIdl ones actually....:D

I didnt get time to get the alloys on yet. The next weekend I am off I might do it...:)

I've never seen RS6 wheels on an avensis before, should be interesting

I liked that model Avensis. The front lens was different from the rest when they came out. I was also an iggy pop fan and they played passenger in the ad for it.

I liked that model Avensis. The front lens was different from the rest when they came out. I was also an iggy pop fan and they played passenger in the ad for it.

I know I will be slated for this but its a really nice car to drive especially the gear change its really smooth. Great car on juice too I am getting 560 miles to a full tank...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Im back sooner then I thought. A member recomended a book for me to read which helped me a lot. The posts, well wishes and links were very helpful to me also. So very much everyone. :) So feeling agood bit better. I realised that being unemployed played a big part of it, so Il just have to get back out with my C.V.s. :)

Anyway, Nice house Corkie and nice car 166man. :) So what else hapened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

OSI wrote: »
    New brake pads arrived. Now I just have to hope that the caliper wind back tool arrives before tomorrow evening so I can change them before my long trip to Galway this weekend.

If your around sunday evening after 6 we should arrange to have a nose at each others cars that is all going well with the ST purchase :)

I would love a nosey at your GTI

Im back sooner then I thought. A member recomended a book for me to read which helped me a lot. The posts, well wishes and links were very helpful to me also. So very much everyone. :) So feeling agood bit better. I realised that being unemployed played a big part of it, so Il just have to get back out with my C.V.s. :)

Nice to see you back dude. I was self employed for years but when the recession started I ended up with nothing. I thought I would end up with nothing and the worst thing was sitting at home with no work and none coming up...

Keep annoying the places where you have applied to and be persistant and sell yourself to them......:)

• Advertisement

I know I will be slated for this but its a really nice car to drive especially the gear change its really smooth. Great car on juice too I am getting 560 miles to a full tank...

Sure they're a fine motor. Except for the tin like boot!

We're all closet Avensis fans inside. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Welcome back dude - it's been a somber little area without you! :eek:

Good to have you back and glad to see you're feeling a bit better. ;)

Also Yay Auld Octavia passed the NCT wheeeeeeeee :)

Sure they're a fine motor. Except for the tin like boot!

We're all closet Avensis fans inside. :D

I am a VAG fan but my heart is with old Jap stuff. I dont know what it is but I love older Toyotas/Hondas etc....

Must be the shiny dash....:)

:) So what else hapened?

Work (payday) tomorrow
    Bosses Wedding Saturday(lots of free booze and German Fraulines)
    New car Sunday

w00t :pac:

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Welcome back dude - it's been a somber little area without you! :eek:

Good to have you back and glad to see you're feeling a bit better. ;)

Cheers man.

Dgt informed me that there was a lack of safety wrapping. :p

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Work (payday) tomorrow
    Bosses Wedding Saturday(lots of free booze and German Fraulines)
    New car Sunday

w00t :pac:

Cool. :)

But "w00t" is an understatement, My friend.

Must be the shiny dash....:)

Admit it, it's the retro 80's Green Digital Clock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mariahmannion

Hey there, can i get a bit of advice. Recently purchased a 08 Mazda 6 and two weeks after purchase it was giving trouble, so dealer has taken it and given me a replacement car, but I received a bill in the post for the temporary insurance cover, is it up to the dealer to pay this bill?

• Advertisement

is it up to the dealer to pay this bill?

I wouldn't see it as an unreasonable request to ask the Dealer to cover the charge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement