Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

What was the story with Lucy not preforming the group song btw? I noticed a reference to her non-appearance a few pages back but no specifics.

Lucy has revealed that she pulled out of the performance, because bosses cut a segment which featured her and finalist James Arthur performing ‘Fairytale Of New York’ together.

She tweeted:

“I didn’t think it was my style, did you? Me and James singing Fairytale of New York was pulled last minute.”

Spraggan later added:

“For those not in the loop; me and James singing Fairytale of New York was pulled last minute from the medley. They smashed it though!”

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2012-final-results-lucy-spraggan-reveals-why-she-wouldnt-sing-on-tonights-final/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will James be getting his teeth and eyes fixed now?

I prefer he keep them the same, he can wear contacts if he dont want to wear glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Gary really helped Rylan survive each week, especially after calling Gary fat. That helped him survive the week Ella went.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I missed the beginning of xtra factor. Did they announce who the judges predicted would win?

egan2020 wrote: »
    I missed the beginning of xtra factor. Did they announce who the judges predicted would win?

Think most picked Ella only Tulisa picked Lucy and Gary picked Kye

• Advertisement

egan2020 wrote: »

Nicole picked Ella and James. Gary picked Kye. Tulisa picked Lucy. Louis picked Ella. Dermot picked Ella. Caroline picked Times Red :eek:

I do not think Olly picked anyone, or maybe I missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Nicole picked Ella and James. Gary picked Kye. Tulisa picked Lucy. Louis picked Ella. Dermot picked Ella. Caroline picked Times Red :eek:

I do not think Olly picked anyone, or maybe I missed it

No, you're right, Olly was on tour at the time so he never made a prediction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Anyone see this? Looks like Christopher Maloney won the X Factor. It's just a joke but quite a humorous one at that; :cool:

Was hoping he'd win to stir a bit of controversy to make X Factor next year different and improved somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Not very funny to be honest! :/

James can serenade any time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

cgpg5 wrote: »
    The chris love is unbelievable. 6 out of the first 7 weeks he gets more than James and Ella combined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Chris was robbed, sorry but he was

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

How was he robbed? If you look at the voting figures from week 8 onwards there are two conclusions you can come to (1) Christopher's supporters stopped voting because they thought he was safe or (2) the other contestants supporters realised they needed to start voting to keep their favourite in.

Week 8
    James Arthur 40.7%
    Christopher Maloney 21.0%
    Jahmene Douglas 18.1%
    Union J 11.8%
    Rylan Clark 8.4%

Week 9
    James Arthur 41.2%
    Jahmene Douglas 22.0%
    Christopher Maloney 18.7%
    Union J 18.1%

Week 10 FREEZE
    James Arthur 51.7%
    Jahmene Douglas 31.5%
    Christopher Maloney 16.8%

Week 10 FINAL
    James Arthur 53.7%
    Jahmene Douglas 38.9%
    Christopher Maloney (carried over from freeze) 7.4%

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Caroline picked Times Red :eek:

Who the hell are Times Red??!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I didn't too well in the predictions thread but threw a fiver on James Arthur to win at judges houses stage and got him and 9-1 so got a nice early xmas present of 50 euro from Paddy Power last night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Relieved in a way that Jahmene didn't win and hopefully he won't sign for Syco. He needs a record label that will be patient and give him a chance to grow.

And fair play to Nicole for not celebrating the result, class act all the way.

As for James, it will be interesting to say the least. I don't think Cowell will spare any expense putting the best team possible around him. Let's just say that it won't be Gary Barlow that is drafted in to help him write songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Right man won in the end. Thanks for the laughs throughout the series. gl all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I reckon the same stalwart eejits voted for Christopher Maloney week after week. Fair enough he topped the poll at the start but his vote got diluted the less contestants were in the competition. As the numbers whittled down he gained NOTHING, no transfer votes, no new fans, zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Why was Christopher not at the live show last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Relieved in a way that Jahmene didn't win and hopefully he won't sign for Syco. He needs a record label that will be patient and give him a chance to grow.

To my knowledge he would have had to sign with syco / Sony before the live shows began. Anyone that does the show is owned for at least the first year.

The only artist (and I say this loosely) that Cowell did release was Jedward that Louis took over.

I'd say that despite one directions wealth in cracking the u.s. Simon is likely to have a substantial cut.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Super hoop wrote: »
    Why was Christopher not at the live show last night?

Story is he showed up to rehearsals drunk, abused Caroline Poole, threw a strop that he wasn't being featured prominently in the group song and eventually stormed off/was asked to leave. Some combination of those anyway :)

Tempted to buy the collection of his songs on iTunes, but it's a shame they've not included his winners single in with it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

James winning is fine - be he's as cutting edge as a cotton bud.

though the treatment of Chris throughout the series, by the show, as well as idiot fans, at live shows and on social media, has been an utter disgrace.

these sorts of shows really shine the light on the absolute idiots in society, who have so little going on in their lives, that they need to take the X Factor really seriously, to the point of threatening death and harm to a contestant they don't like.

Chris is no angel, and he's never seemed like the nicest of blokes, but good God Almighty, the shíte he's had to put up with is shameful. the same with Rylan. the abuse he had to endure for so long was pathetic.

absolute cretins surface with this show.

I think James take fame on the chin compared to Jahmene he might not deal with it well and shy from it just hope James dreams has come true enough for him which has made him happy I hope and see more of him he probably the lucky few like Olly as he sings in his own way too.

He will embrace fame better than Jahmene and hard to know how he do but think the fact he is an already made artist they will probably let him do things his own way if they are to keep x-factor going he has revived it if you like!

I'm sure Simon make sure James get the best team around.

Chris was kicking up a fuss and a bit sour after so he wasn't invited back on the show last night they didn't want him to make an appearance in case he make a show of himself.

They only got the winners single of James, which be available on itunes tomorrow. Not sure about Jahmene I'm sure they add it in eventually.

I think Jahmene said last night he would like to release an album of gospel songs, I really do not think Cowell and Co will let him to that. I say a generic album is likely from him, rather than something unique and distinct. As someone on here said last night, Jahmene could make it in America if they allow him to be a gospel singer. I really hope he makes a success of it, he seems like a lovely lad and he has an inspiring story; but I feel like he is too nice to survive in the music industry.

leahyl wrote: »
    Who the hell are Times Red??!

Wildcard act for the groups. I am struggling to remember any of their performances though, can only remember Duke (they would have been great on the live shows, certainly better than Mk1).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I think Jahmene said last night he would like to release an album of gospel songs, I really do not think Cowell and Co will let him to that. I say a generic album is likely from him, rather than something unique and distinct. As someone on here said last night, Jahmene could make it in America if they allow him to be a gospel singer. I really hope he makes a success of it, he seems like a lovely lad and he has an inspiring story; but I feel like he is too nice to survive in the music industry.

Susan Boyle isn't exactly your average generic singer and Cowell milks in the money from her album sales. I doubt Jahmene will be much different, he'll just appeal to a certain genre. Although I agree he could be huge in America if he continued on his gospel theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

SlickRic wrote: »
    James winning is fine - be he's as cutting edge as a cotton bud.

though the treatment of Chris throughout the series, by the show, as well as idiot fans, at live shows and on social media, has been an utter disgrace.

these sorts of shows really shine the light on the absolute idiots in society, who have so little going on in their lives, that they need to take the X Factor really seriously, to the point of threatening death and harm to a contestant they don't like.

Chris is no angel, and he's never seemed like the nicest of blokes, but good God Almighty, the shíte he's had to put up with is shameful. the same with Rylan. the abuse he had to endure for so long was pathetic.

absolute cretins surface with this show.

The sickest thing is that it's actually the show that incites it all through "leaks" to the media.

Is is true James Arthur is "dating" Caroline Flack?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is is true James Arthur is "dating" Caroline Flack?

Probably not - James is not a teenager! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Heard earlier they might be scrapping arena auditions.

Please, please, please say it's true. Could be a great call

Also the show will start earlier on a sat. Was thinking it started way later than usual this series

Advertisement