Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is is true James Arthur is "dating" Caroline Flack?

The description of dating may be a bit of a push

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Well done James Arthur :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Heard earlier they might be scrapping arena auditions.

Please, please, please say it's true. Could be a great call

Also the show will start earlier on a sat. Was thinking it started way later than usual this series
    Obviously to rattle Strictly come dancings' time on BBC1 no doubt. Hope James doesn't become Sycos little puppet on a string and does the music he wants to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

I just cannot understand how someone like James Arthur got as far as the X Factor finals let alone win it. He is just too painfull to watch - a tortured soul who tortured every song that he was given to sing. He cannot even stand up straight like a man and he shuffles along instead of walking properly. It is torture to look at him and torture to listen to him. Who voted for him - what's wrong with them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Clareboy wrote: »
    I just cannot understand how someone like James Arthur got as far as the X Factor finals let alone win it. He is just too painfull to watch - a tortured soul who tortured every song that he was given to sing. He cannot even stand up straight like a man and he shuffles along instead of walking properly. It is torture to look at him and torture to listen to him. Who voted for him - what's wrong with them??

I think you'll find yourself very much in the minority there Clareboy, he already has over a million followers on twitter, his you tube hits on most of his x factor performances are averaging about 2 million each, he is a heart throb to millions of girls (including me :o). Mark my words that boy will go far, and I for one hope he does, very nice fella too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is is true James Arthur is "dating" Caroline Flack?

I doubt it say its a rumour! Might be a cover up for his true girlfriend whether or not she in the public eye or not. I might think its lucie they seem close? He is looking for a Girlfriend apparently! :D

He has complimented Caroline a lot on the xtra factor shows but think he just very nice and kind to her and the female judges. He appreciates the ladies and is a gentleman of a gentle nature I think. He just sweet but shy!! Little words but he not afraid to compliment a lady!

I think Caroline has more on screen chemistry with Olly!? I wouldn't be surprised if they had something going on...they mirror each other so much even as presenters...I wonder how they are off screen! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG have ye heard the recorded version of his winners single - it's amazing! Best winners single out of all xfactor winners IMO :-) go James!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

doovdela wrote: »
    I doubt it say its a rumour! Might be a cover up for his true girlfriend whether or not she in the public eye or not. I might think its lucie they seem close? He is looking for a Girlfriend apparently! :D

He has complimented Caroline a lot on the xtra factor shows but think he just very nice and kind to her and the female judges. He appreciates the ladies and is a gentleman of a gentle nature I think. He just sweet but shy!! Little words but he not afraid to compliment a lady!

I think Caroline has more on screen chemistry with Olly!? I wouldn't be surprised if they had something going on...they mirror each other so much even as presenters...I wonder how they are off screen! :p

I read something that he admitted to flirting with her, but that he didn't think it was going anywhere. Who knows though?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG have ye heard the recorded version of his winners single - it's amazing! Best winners single out of all xfactor winners IMO :-) go James!

Just listened to it. It's a pretty bland song but I really like his version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think the single is helped by the fact that it's not a super well-known song that's been covered by a million different people so it's easy enough for him to put his own stamp on it without it coming off as a poor imitation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Clareboy wrote: »

Does the word "oaf" come to mind? Am not a fan, so count me out of the voting. Would have liked to have seen Jahmene win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Biggins wrote: »

It really was the worst year ever, apart from James Arthur. This is the first year I haven't watched the final live and I didn't care. I fast forwarded through most of it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Agreed on everything bar Tulisa returning, she has to go along with Gary unfortunately. Nicole indeed was head and shoulders above them all and I think I even prefer her to Dannii, as Dannii got sucked in by the drama one too many times for my liking.

I also think he made a very good verdict on Jahmene. Move On Up did show that he can be "loose" in his performance. Also, judging from the photos of the wrap party, the guy is quite trendy as well so I have no idea why they dressed him up in those naff suits all the time (though he was better styled in the final few weeks). Something tells me that how he was portrayed was how the show wanted him to be portrayed, and he actually does have a chance of growing into a "relevant" artist.

I also agreed when he suggested that James had become samsie in his performances, but it's hard to argue that he wasn't a worthy winner once he got past the week he was in the bottom two.

Impossible has become the fastest selling X Factor winner's single in its first 24 hours!

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/james-arthur-most-explosive-x-factor-opening-sales-ever-1753/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Impossible has become the fastest selling X Factor winner's single in its first 24 hours!

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/james-arthur-most-explosive-x-factor-opening-sales-ever-1753/

I downloaded it yesterday. Didn't like James' first performance of it on Sunday but the more I hear it the better it gets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

its really starting to annoy me how the papers are painting james arthur as this struggling act who had it really hard!!! read in the sun how he use to steal food and sleep on park benches ?? way over dramatic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I do love the X Factor and James is the most worthy winner they've had in a while - but it needs a shake up if returning in 2013!

Scrapping arena auditions woud be great first step and bringing back just the judges and contestant in a room. I think a lot of the time if someone is complete crap but they're entertaining the audience etc who end up cheering for them, the judges are swayed by that. So it would eliminate a lot of the rubbish.

Nicole was a great judge this year, even though she annoyed the hell out of me at the start but she grew on me! I'm afraid Gazza is just a poor man's Cowell so he needs to go. Lulu is....well, unique :P He must stay! Tulisa, while good last year, didn't seem to give a f%& this year so needs to leave also.

So the ideal judging panel - Louis, Simon, Nicole (as long as she stays like she was this series and doesn't get intimidated by Simon like on XF USA) and Cheryl...given that Nicole got her job in the US I'd say there'd be no love lost and would make for pretty interesting viewing :)

I loved Nicole too but I'm not sure how well she'd work with Simon again. She was very much on her own on the panel. She didn't have an allegiance with any of the other judges. There were never really any run-ins over comments with any of the other judges. To me she seemed like more of a head judge than Gary tbh. I would love to see her back next year, as well as Louis of course. Gary was the worst judge by far. I didn't mind Tulisa. I love her relationship with Louis and I think she seemed to really care about her acts, but she wasn't a great judge.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but were mk1 at the final?

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned but were mk1 at the final?

No, someone posted a quote from their twitter saying they couldn't be there as they were on tour!!! :confused:

No, someone posted a quote from their twitter saying they couldn't be there as they were on tour!!! :confused:

I thought all acts were tied into a contract for the final? Obviously not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Interesting.

I won't reflect on this season myself as it was completely forgettable lets be honest. I've watched from series 2 onwards, been glued and completely drawn in most of the time. This series was nowhere close to previous ones. The final was painful. Compiled with meaningless filler, even the announcement of the result wasn't the same. For once I couldn't feel any tension, just felt like a damp squib

Agree about the auditions. I take it we all do? That would be a first prudent move on Cowell's behalf. The arena just doesn't work.

I also agree with the author, wrt the categories. They are becoming boring if I'm honest and by mixing them up it would provide something fresh and different. One issue- it'll be damn impossible keep track of who has who at the start. Saying that, something new needs to be done and they don't really have much to lose here.

I strongly disagree about results though. I really think announcing them in order would be a terrible move. He refers to it stopping the public thinking acts are safe? Eh if you know for a fact someone is riding high in the voting, wouldn't you naturally assume they'll be safe next week anyway? In my own view a simple remedy is revert back to the saturday nights only. Bar the Laura White elimination,there were hardly any undeserved bottom 2's/eliminations (far less than now anyway). Only real fans voted then and it stopped social networking campaigns which focused on getting joke acts through all through the sunday. It won't happen though sadly. Money talks

Judges- Tulisa needs to go. Plain and simple. Don't know what he's on about, she was awful this year and is not popular at all with the public. I suspect she's gone already anyway.
    Nicole won't be half as comfortable or outgoing if Simon's back. She was a carcrash on the US (remember that infamous Rachel Crow incident) and would hate for it to happen again. She'll either walk or Simon will ditch her imo. I liked her this series though, she seems genuine. If Simon doesn't come back I really hope she stays.
    Louis had his poorest series yet and the repetitive cliches are just getting annoying. He does what the producers want, he gets next to noting in wages comparing to others and he has that longevity about him meaning he's going nowhere.
    Agree about Gary. He's too nice to play the mean guy and Simon knows it. I don't think it's really a secret that Simon has no time for him. Again he'll be pushed or he'll walk. There is only one man to replace him though and that's the boss himself. Simon just has to come back, it's that simple.
    Not too gone in Cheryl myself but she was there during the peak years. She may not be as relevant now but maybe the way to move forward is to look back? Would like to see Dannii back anyway

Either way, it'll be interesting. Having an earlier start time (7.00ish) will definitely help matters imo. No crowd at bootcamp would be nice too. Judges houses can stay but after finallists are decided, they should be randomly assigned to a mentor. 16 finallists would be a good idea imo; double eliminations were really exciting two years ago. Either way the show needs to made-over big time. I agree with the author, there is life in it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'd definitely switch off if Cheryl came back. Can't stand her.
    If Tulisa is to go, they should offer the spot to Mel B. I thought she was fantastic when she was a guest judge earlier this year. She absolutely tore into the acts who fancied themselves but were, in fact, utterly dire.
    It's just what the show needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'd definitely switch off if Cheryl came back. Can't stand her.
    If Tulisa is to go, they should offer the spot to Mel B. I thought she was fantastic when she was a guest judge earlier this year. She absolutely tore into the acts who fancied themselves but were, in fact, utterly dire.
    It's just what the show needs.

She's doing ok on the Australian it seems so I can't see her being moved

Aswell as that I don't think people actually take her criticisms too seriously. It's as if she's trying way too hard to pick out faults. While she is blunt I don't see how people would take as much notice than if Simon Cowell did it.

I'd doubt Simon would want to work with her if he came back and she strikes me as a bit no-nonsense; I'm not entirely sure the producers would get their own way with her and that's what they want really, judges that will act on their orders without fuss.

I think he'll (rightly enough I suppose) look to the tried and trusted before seeking out someone new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It should be noted that Tulisa's album and last single bombed in spite of the exposure she got on the X Factor and elsewhere. I think c is right when he said she's not popular with the public.

I really liked the winner's single - James - Impossible, its a nice song. I wouldn't see it as bland. Its simple and its nice. Its him really, it almost as if he wrote it himself and his own which is good thing even if its not his own song. He made it his own which is unique.

PS I hadn't heard this song until he sang it and didn't know it was a cover version until I read it online!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 85,344 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

doovdela wrote: »

I thought I read somewhere early on that James was going like Frankie C trying to bang as many females as possible :rolleyes:

Sorry but still dont like James's winning single

It took me time to get use to it but more times I hear it the better it gets that's just me!

What? I never knew that.....I highly doubt it he too much of a gentleman and nice....???? :/ It might be joke if he said it that he be like Frankie C when it comes to women! :/

• Advertisement

I'm not surprised it was the fastest sold x-factor single in 24 hours!

I can't get the song and his other songs out of my head!! :)

Advertisement