Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torchlight II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What kind of mods is there or likely to be?

thats the great thing about the steam community you never can tell but its getting full mod support on the 24th/10 as far as i know, ive only played the d3 trial upto level 10 but t2 is just so much more fun i even stopped playing guild wars 2 for it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

How are people finding this compared to diablo 3? Is it going to have much lasting appeal? Does it increase in difficulty like D3 or does it go by a different system

I've played a hell of alot of Diablo3 and will play more once the Infernal Machine patch comes out but to be honest it's more because of my loyalty to the series rather than the game itself.

Torchlight2 is the game D3 should have been. Better loot system, better skill handling /skill trees (D2 style), better handling of the games difficulty, better bosses etc.

One thing it doesn't have is D3's budget and scope but at the end of the day in an ARPG, gameplay, character customisation and the loot system is what is really important and Torchlight does it all better than D3. And the most important thing, it doesn't have the utter utter garbage AH.

Having said that in my opinion the king still is Diablo2 but Torchlight3 comes very close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I downloaded the demo from steam last night, really wish I hadn't...... It's bloody brilliant but I don't have the time or the money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ok i got this :pac:
    Hsjk9l.jpg

What i heard is that the vendor will sell different gears to different characters who opened it, and the uniques are expensive, expect 40k+ per piece if you are above lvl50.

What I am going to do is i will post here when i opened the portal so please save up your gold from now on :P
    I am in NG+ and I will probably afk my char for a few hours (the vendor won't go away if i keep the sell window opens) so people can join the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Is there any particularly decent way to make money in this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Big Knox wrote: »
    I've played a hell of alot of Diablo3 and will play more once the Infernal Machine patch comes out but to be honest it's more because of my loyalty to the series rather than the game itself.

Torchlight2 is the game D3 should have been. Better loot system, better skill handling /skill trees (D2 style), better handling of the games difficulty, better bosses etc.

One thing it doesn't have is D3's budget and scope but at the end of the day in an ARPG, gameplay, character customisation and the loot system is what is really important and Torchlight does it all better than D3. And the most important thing, it doesn't have the utter utter garbage AH.

Having said that in my opinion the king still is Diablo2 but Torchlight3 comes very close!

You'll love Path of Exile then when it gets released. I've been in a beta for ages and I have never seen such in-depth character customisation, an innovative leveling system and such varied loot. Also, it doesn't even have any gold for anything like an AH...it's a pure barter system that actually works quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Guys i opened my unique vendor scroll!

Search for 'Boon' (game name is Boon Vendor for awhile) you should be able to find it (or sort lvl in Veteran difficulty find me at lvl85) , pw is tltl2. I opened the scroll in a lvl105 map, i did not click on him so he wouldn't disappear. This is NG+ btw. Happy shopping guys!

P7MDcl.jpg

I got one of those scrolls also. Level 40 something I think. I'm waiting until I have a lot more gold before summoning him.

sorry to be bringing up an old thread but i was just wondering is there a way to compare items on the ground to the items i have equipped like you can in Diablo 3? iv looked a bit online but cant really get a definitive answer.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Not sure if you hold alt or shift while mousing over the item or if that's for diablo

Haven't played in a while, think i might give it another whirl :)

• Advertisement

Not sure if you hold alt or shift while mousing over the item or if that's for diablo

Haven't played in a while, think i might give it another whirl :)

think thats Diablo alright

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

While im currently enjoying Path OF Exile this mod for T2 looks amazing.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/30/insane-torchlight-ii-mod-adds-new-class-monsters-raids/

Dcully wrote: »
    While im currently enjoying Path OF Exile this mod for T2 looks amazing.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/30/insane-torchlight-ii-mod-adds-new-class-monsters-raids/

That does look good. Hopefully the offical Modding tools will get release soon and we can look forward to more great mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Having burned out on XCom and Far Cry 3, I finally went back and finished my first play thru of TL2 on normal with a dual pistol outlander over the weekend.
    Re-rolled an Engineer with a big hammer for a second playthru on Veteran and I'm enjoying the game way more.

I think I just prefer the up close melee play style.

Ive been playing the synergies mod and all i can say is wow!

http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=38.0

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive been playing the synergies mod and all i can say is wow!

http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=38.0

Looks great. Is it worth installing if you haven't reached L100 with any existing characters? (PoE has been taking up all my time!!)

Yeah definitely,im nowhere near high lvl and still seeing the benefits of it.
    3 new classes included aswell.
    Its a very small download too.
    Im hopping between T2,POE and D3 constantly,its amazing how different each game is.

Got to lvl 50 on my Engineer , speced as two handed DPS.
    Now that im 50 i can access most of what synergies mod is about and wow there is a lot.
    Started doing some Mapworks and a bit of NG+ , so much to do @ endgame in this game.
    Brilliant game and brilliant mod.

Trying out the new classes with the Synergies mod, but the skill descriptions are a bit vague in some cases. E.G...I think "Death & Decay" heals you whenever a minion dies, but I'm not entirely sure. I did't notice the heal, but it does start off fairly small.
    Some other abilities seem very very underpowered, like the Ninja skill that shoots a Fireball.

Overall though, it's a good mod and certainly makes the game a lot harder.

Trying out the new classes with the Synergies mod, but the skill descriptions are a bit vague in some cases. E.G...I think "Death & Decay" heals you whenever a minion dies, but I'm not entirely sure. I did't notice the heal, but it does start off fairly small.
    Some other abilities seem very very underpowered, like the Ninja skill that shoots a Fireball.

Overall though, it's a good mod and certainly makes the game a lot harder.

Yeah i played the Paladin for a bit and found the skills ui a bit wonky but the classes are really work in progress.

• Advertisement

I created a Ninja with the intent of finally creating a melee character to reach L100. But after 10 mins, I found that the Ninja is actually an extremely powerful ranged caster. Level 50 now, and certainly my strongest character at that level....even beats a Prismastic Bolt Embermage for shear damage output.

I've a level 40 Necromancer as well, but stopped playing as it's just too easy and boring. I just run around in circles whilst my army of minions kills everything, including bosses. And it's annoying that I can't see HP bars for my minions, or even distinguish most of them from actually enemy mobs.

Torchlight 2 half price on steam until april 8th and now with the steam workshop. Hopefully it'll add a lot of content

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Torchlight 2 half price on steam until april 8th and now with the steam workshop. Hopefully it'll add a lot of content

Just bought it. I know what other 2 boys have to offer, now I need to see what does Torchlight 2 has to offer! :D

That mod Dcully linked interested me a lot. It has my favourite class of all times in any game - NECROMANCER! Will play with no mods first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, it's great. I am only level 8 now, but damn game is great. The style and the "feel" is great. And did they directly imported music from Diablo 1 Tristram? Because it is like sex toy ears! :D

Anyway. It looks like the mash up of Diablo 1 and 2. The scroll bit is quite interesting way of having spells.

So got few questions now:
    How does difficulty and progression working here? I am playing on veteran fom start. Assuming you can choose difficulty before even playing, then progression goes different way?
    I made a character and gone online. Made a server with password and playing solo. Though I notice I can play single player with same character too. So you can play same character single player and online? Those are not separate?
    Classes are a bit weird... I love paladin/barb type of classes in my hacks and slashes, though all classes here are... Weird... I started a berserker. Is that the closest I can get to barb?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Just bought this last night and was hooked after 2 hours. Already a level 10 outlander and just killed that general Grell guy. What is the best way to spec my Outlander, current weapon favourite are the shotugun and dual pistols.

Really has a Diablo 2 feel to it, spent a lot of time on that game! Cant really comment on Diablo 3 cause I never got it, but from commentaries online it seems this is the game Diablo 3 should have been. The mod support looks fantastic too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

got it in the steam sale.Great little game,especially after diablo 3 left a bad taste in mouth.

Gonna give it a play through with out any mods before pricking about with it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Well, it's great. I am only level 8 now, but damn game is great. The style and the "feel" is great. And did they directly imported music from Diablo 1 Tristram? Because it is like sex toy ears! :D

Anyway. It looks like the mash up of Diablo 1 and 2. The scroll bit is quite interesting way of having spells.

So got few questions now:
    How does difficulty and progression working here? I am playing on veteran fom start. Assuming you can choose difficulty before even playing, then progression goes different way?
    I made a character and gone online. Made a server with password and playing solo. Though I notice I can play single player with same character too. So you can play same character single player and online? Those are not separate?
    Classes are a bit weird... I love paladin/barb type of classes in my hacks and slashes, though all classes here are... Weird... I started a berserker. Is that the closest I can get to barb?

I was only playing vanilla but I found the game on veteran was uber easy till I think the third chapter when the difficulty really ramps up specially if you've spent unwisely in the char build.

Regarding on/offline your char stays the same but if you jump on someone elses game when you revert back to offline you'll be playing their map (including it being undiscovered and all enemies respawned).

Can anyone recommend some decent(stable)mods?The anount out there is excellent!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Synergies is pretty good and I had another one installed that re-did the lighting which made it a lot more gloomy, but I'm jiggered if I can remember the name of it off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

Downloaded and installed Shiminay and necromancer ready :)

Advertisement