Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torchlight II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ok trailer had me thinking one thing, Diablo 3, im currently playing D3 atm, so would need to be swayed, whats this offer that D3 doesnt? Auction houseless i hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

No ah, no rmah.
    It's an arpg by former Blizzard north staff, Runic.
    It's 40 quid cheaper than D3 at launch.
    It's being polished and has been since the start of the year, expect it to be excellent on launch.
    It does infact have multiplayer
    it will be available on steam, and you get a free copy of the original torchlight to play or gift when you buy TL2.
    It's not ever going to be the next diablo 3, it's an ARPG, same as D3 and a whole host of others
    Theres a whole lot more to it than that.
    Apparently, it's(TL2) a whole lot bigger than the first game was, which was roughly the same size as diablo

If ye have steam check the trailers out there, or hang on for the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nix wrote: »
    Ok trailer had me thinking one thing, Diablo 3, im currently playing D3 atm, so would need to be swayed, whats this offer that D3 doesnt? Auction houseless i hope :D

The difference is that Blizzard does what IT thinks people want in a game and Runic Games does what the the people have actually asked for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Am in two minds on this. Wasnt really wowed by TL1, and managed to get bored of Diablo 3 before even reaching Act 2. But loved Diablo 2....hrm, will see if my friend is getting this, these games are always 1000% better with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Act 2 Normal ? If so.... don't get it, ARPG's are clearly not for you.

• Advertisement

There's an hour long playthrough of the release version of the game with Max Shaefer from Runic games here on gamespot.
    Skip the first 4 minutes to get to the gameplay.

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=torchlight_ii20120913

1 week to release, and it looks awesome :) cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

cannot wait for this!!! D3 is dead to me even after the new patch i only played it for 30minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Have this and borderlands 2 preordered, and the person I was to play them both with has recently broken his laptop. Not fair :P

Diablo 3 takes a bow for TL2 in Kotaku's article here..

http://kotaku.com/5943951/torchlight-ii-vs-diablo-iii-the-comparison-we-had-to-make

Some interesting points about D3, not altogether fair imo but we'll see on launch :) cant wait!!

Diablo 3 takes a bow for TL2 in Kotaku's article here..

http://kotaku.com/5943951/torchlight-ii-vs-diablo-iii-the-comparison-we-had-to-make

Some interesting points about D3, not altogether fair imo but we'll see on launch :) cant wait!!
    The most critical points from the review are the customization of character skill sets and how the main story is gobbledygook hodgepodge but with tonnes of interesting sidequests. We never need a dramatic storyline, we just need something interesting enough to give us more reasons to kill more monsters (and get moreeee loot).

We'll judge for ourselves soon! Cant wait!!

• Advertisement

More freebies!

The soundtrack is available for free from Runic, have a listen, it's 120meg :)

http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/09/18/the-torchlight-ii-soundtrack/

More freebies!

The soundtrack is available for free from Runic, have a listen, it's 120meg :)

http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/09/18/the-torchlight-ii-soundtrack/
    was just gonna post that ^^

<3 runic!!!

Matt Uelman made godly diabolic music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I have a giftable copy of Torchlight in my steam inventory if anyone wants it, first person to PM me gets it

And just like that its gone to xtal191

Same, first to PM gets my giftable copy of TL1

Gone to ionapaul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If anyone does end up having a spare copy of torchlight I'd be happy to take it off your hands :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If anyone does end up having a spare copy of torchlight I'd be happy to take it off your hands :-)

It's part of the current Humble Bundle, buy it for little or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

danthefan wrote: »
    It's part of the current Humble Bundle, buy it for little or nothing.

I've bought most Humble Bundles at this stage and I never noticed, but can you actually buy it for nothing. Just curious, I always spend about €6-€7 so wouldn't buy it for nothing, but is it possible even

gave mine to my cousin, but fair play to you guys :) cant wait! one more day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Not sure whether to take the plunge with this or not. The main thing putting me off is the class choices, none of them are doing it for me! :o

What time will it unlock on Steam?

6pm this evening I think. My flatmate, who I'll be playing it with, is away this evening - think I'll try out all the classes sneakily and pick my favourite ahead of the full playthrough :P

• Advertisement

Whats not to like, you have full customization of all the characters,
    melee dps, melee tank, and ranged all on one class. Engineer ftw :) plus a pet that's actually more useful than the hirelings in Diablo, same crappy damage but when you ask your cat to feck off back to town with a load of armor to sell and a shopping list of potions and scrolls, and it brings you back change too that's when you realise that THIS is what pets were supposed to be doing all along, bloody slackers!

seriously though, they can do that in TL2. Some of the videos around youtube focus on it and the system that's used just for that pet mechanic is pure class, i mean c'mon.. it gives you a lot more uptime killing looting and repeating :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I loved the first game and actually preferred it to Diablo3.
    However ive simply far too many games that i havent even begun to play yet, ill have to put this off for a future purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

putting this off till a future time too. I'm still playing d3 but slowly growing tired of it, but with the new patch it might spark my interest for a while more.

And of course I just bought Borderlands 2 yesterday...

Here's hoping for a successful and delay free 6pm launch :D

Awesome, updated and unlocked right on the button! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Think I'll be going a tanky Engie, sounds like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Here's hoping for a successful and delay free 6pm launch :D

Awesome, updated and unlocked right on the button! :)

Is yours working mine's not, got my free torchlight gift though

yeah, ingame and all now. Just cant setup a runic account yet to play online. Although single player is a BLAST!

I dont think runic were prepared for so many people wanting to sign up to play online, and tbh that is my only qualm with the game at the moment. It's otherwise exactly what it was hyped to be, which is an achievement in itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

re-installing now but wont get to play tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played abit since getting home tonight. The mouse-over tooltips for skills are HUGE! They take up like 1/4 of the screen, is there anyway to reduce the size of them? Game seems ok so far. I started on the hardest difficulty and picked a Bezerker. Feels like my character runs to fast or something, and the melee combat seems to lack impact, or feeling.

• Advertisement

Mine is about average, or what i'd expect, what resolution are you running it at?

Advertisement