Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torchlight II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So just made it to act 2. Pretty sure I'm hooked. Anyone know how many acts there are?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

3 I think. First playthrough should leave you at lvl 50 according to the FAQ/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

technically there are 4, but the forth is very small.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The problem with this and Borderlands being out within a day of one another is that I was looking forward to and am totally hooked on BL2 atm, but I managed to get some time in on this with DeVore on Saturday.

The lag was appalling. It was completely unplayable as a co-op game, we were rubber banding and whilst I had died at one stage, DeV said he could see me bashing enemies away and running around.

I'll be trying to multiplay with it again, but for a first impression that was simply unacceptable and has really put me off playing more of the game (when I have BL2 to play instead).

However, that one bad experience aside, I think the game itself is fantastic. I really enjoyed the first game and this feels like it's filled in all the pieces that the first one was missing (but I didn't really realise it was because I've never played these sorts of games before). Looking forward to playing more of it this week.

Shiminay wrote: »
    The problem with this and Borderlands being out within a day of one another is that I was looking forward to and am totally hooked on BL2 atm, but I managed to get some time in on this with DeVore on Saturday.

The lag was appalling. It was completely unplayable as a co-op game, we were rubber banding and whilst I had died at one stage, DeV said he could see me bashing enemies away and running around.

I'll be trying to multiplay with it again, but for a first impression that was simply unacceptable and has really put me off playing more of the game (when I have BL2 to play instead).

However, that one bad experience aside, I think the game itself is fantastic. I really enjoyed the first game and this feels like it's filled in all the pieces that the first one was missing (but I didn't really realise it was because I've never played these sorts of games before). Looking forward to playing more of it this week.

Just re the lag, I've been playing a fair bit now online and it's perfectly fine. I.. ahem... reckon something was going on with you/host pc :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

My friends and me have been playing now since Saturday and we (as old Diablo 2 fans) love TL2. All that went wrong in D3 has been done better or close to perfection in TL2. We absolutely love it and now have D3 uninstalled. This should have been named D3, not that piece of Blizzard Marketing garbage. 7

We haven't had lag, we didn't experience issues at all. So far great experiences and great loot, causing us to stay up until 2am :) - Great game!

I've been playing co-op since it was released with a mate and havent had any problems either, aside from once when my internet connection dropped which is my problem rather than the game. Has been fine otherwise. I'd give it another shot if ye get the chance it really is worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just reached Act III. So much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Just finished the game. One of the very few games that satisfied me in almost every aspect from recent years. Great people made great games. May be i'll write a review in blog soon. I'll move on to NG+ after i am sure that I have cleared every sidequests.

Also, looks like the minecraft easter egg dungeon spawns randomly, I got the gold sword hehe:
    zx0sOl.jpg

I am completely healed from the disaster D3 thanks to TL2. So much love for runic dev <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The game is fantastic. Just imagine what Runic could have done with D3's budget! :(

• Advertisement

Finding Act3 on Veteran a bit of a pain. My lvl40 outlander has suddenly become super squishy.

there are loads of easter eggs in this game. Did anyone suss the one where you get the enchanter in act1?
    There's a bottle of lotion, and a basket..

then another random dungeon which has One-Eyed-Willy from the goonies
    :D

edit: Canis Lupus - same happened my embermage at around the same level, i had to stack loads of points into vitality and regem some armour to have +physical damage reduction

85342E006215056C0E52D8174CA39702481B6996

The Thing! :)

Finding Act3 on Veteran a bit of a pain. My lvl40 outlander has suddenly become super squishy.
    Be a man and go max out your damage but die in 1 hit if they hit you! :D

You actually need some focus to buff the damage of your skills, like i just glaive through everything and use my normal attack to mana/life steal back and glaive again. I am lvl58 now with 2800hp, 200+ str/dex, 100focus/vit, beat the game when i was around 50+.

have you tried game+ yet? am just after clearing act 1 and dinged 65, it's pretty rough on certain packs, but the loot and gems are awesome!

not yet, wanted to get the diamond sword but the damn dungeon wont show up lol had a blast earlier playing with randomers, the screen literally exploded by 6 of us lol the 'endgame' is awesomer than i thought!

the loots are crazy good from the map portal haha

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Be a man and go max out your damage but die in 1 hit if they hit you! :D

You actually need some focus to buff the damage of your skills, like i just glaive through everything and use my normal attack to mana/life steal back and glaive again. I am lvl58 now with 2800hp, 200+ str/dex, 100focus/vit, beat the game when i was around 50+.

Yeah I use the glaive and am putting points in it but it seems.... boring to just spam it :) In fairness I wasted about 5 skill points which would have been better spent in Stone pact etc... I'll wait to see if a respec mod shows up so I can redo them.

:pac:
    yNciql.jpg
    RtBGQl.jpg
    I enjoy the mapworks very much :D

The huge point of playing a diablo-like game is to feel your OPness! And then there is always an epic boss in the end will kill you many times before you killed him xD

Somehow i got myself a respec potion may be i'll do a respec soon^^

i ment to say, if you do game+ you can still use the map room :)

i ment to say, if you do game+ you can still use the map room :)
    ya i know waiting for a mate to finish his first play through :D

• Advertisement

Got a chance to put in a few hours tonight. Only level 30 but taking my time with it exploring every area in full.

Funny thing. I was in the level 30 area in Act2 just farming XP to hit 30 before I logged and found my damage was finally not cutting it. I had been hoarding the majority of my gold so said I'd try the gamble merchant for a laugh.

First item I bought was a 2 handed mace and it turned into a legendary. :eek: So I then tried my luck again on a greatsword and it also turned into a legendary!!! :p

I assume this is not normal ha. Anyone else find anything similar?

rofl are you kidding me!!!! so lucky you!!! xD legendary in TL2 is extremely rare but they are really good, are those around lvl30 gears?

i've a shedload of uniques and set pieces, but not seen a legendary yet
    I even got that uber rare scroll to summon "boon" the vendor and he didnt have any when i used the scroll.

ye sure it's not uniques you're getting from the gambler?

i've a shedload of uniques and set pieces, but not seen a legendary yet
    I even got that uber rare scroll to summon "boon" the vendor and he didnt have any when i used the scroll.

ye sure it's not uniques you're getting from the gambler?

Whoops it was two uniques apologies, being the colourblind fool that I am I thought they were legendaries!! :o

i did too in the original, the colour scheme in the game is almost identical to wow :)

ha ya i was thinking gambler is impossible to get legendary iirc

Man I've been playing co-op Borderlands the last few nights and it's too much fun but every night I'm secretly hoping my mate doesn't come on so I can get in a few hours of Torchlight goodness!! :pac:

I don't think there's been two games as good out at the same time in years. Good times!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How are people finding this compared to diablo 3? Is it going to have much lasting appeal? Does it increase in difficulty like D3 or does it go by a different system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How are people finding this compared to diablo 3? Is it going to have much lasting appeal? Does it increase in difficulty like D3 or does it go by a different system

way better and theres a difficulty system plus MODS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

caspa307 wrote: »
    DeSelby83 wrote: »

way better and theres a difficulty system plus MODS!!

What kind of mods is there or likely to be?

Advertisement