Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Can it be that Terry Griffiths is no longer mentoring him so his game has fallen apart?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Can it be that Terry Griffiths is no longer mentoring him so his game has fallen apart?

Fu just not at the races today, makes you think have Allen's comments yesterday anything to do with his performance today?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

8-0. How embarrassing. Odds were 125/1 for 10-0 today. Wonder who put that bet on? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Must be since the commentators said so ;)

Session finished 8-1. 2.30pm. Ronnie vs Ebdon. Looking forward to it somewhat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Just did a randomised draw with the missus for the laugh by splitting the remaining players between us, and putting a few coins in a pot for whoever has the winner. I say for the laugh - she happened to get 4 out of the top 5 favourites. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

zack01 wrote: »
    Fu just not at the races today, makes you think have Allen's comments yesterday anything to do with his performance today?

Accused of being Chinese when he actually plays under the Honk Kong flag? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Well, here we go with what could be a very interesting match indeed. Come on Ronnie ;)

• Advertisement

Ebdon in with a chance already. Nice snooker on the blue after being out of position has got him in there.

EDIT: As I say that Ebdon just missed a simple red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

This looks interesting... both players making mistakes so far. Too early to call, although the difference in playing pace between them is apparent.

Aye. Both players will have to up their safety game imo. Some pretty average ones so far.

exciting first frame now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Stevens currently leading Fu 7-0, i don't think anyone saw that coming. Then again Stevens has had a decent enough season by his own recent standards. He does have a good cruicble pedigree though and some players do feel a lot more comfotable playing there.
    He could just turn out be a serious dark horse in these championships.

well zack, im big fan of stephen hendry, can he realistically beat john higgins or will be the inconsistent version that was playing last night against bingham :D

Jesus!

Respotted black in the first frame! I fancy Ebdon

Ah Peter!

• Advertisement

So much tension already. That cue ball was close!

This could be if you excuse the pun a slow burner, both players will want a decent start Ronnie more than Ebdon i feel.
    The rocket is pure box office, say what you like about he is still the biggest draw in the game.

More exciting i think will be Barry Hearns press conference this afternoon, im intrigued to hear what he has to say about a certain player who was knocked out yesterday.

This is unbelieveable! Both players deserve to lose! :P

finally! gg

That's me done here, flight home at 6pm, i'll be following the action here guys.
    Enjoy!!!

well zack, im big fan of stephen hendry, can he realistically beat john higgins or will be the inconsistent version that was playing last night against bingham :D

I feel the inconsistent Hendry will appear i'm afraid, in saying that the second round matches are best of 25 frames and played over three sessions, so a bad session can be clawed back so long as it's not a 7-1 or 8-0 deficit.
    Hendry during that first session against Bingham was awesome and was like the Hendry of old, but as we've seen during the season, one day he's fantastic the next he's missing blacks off the spot.
    Higgins on the other hand can and will only get better, but it is the world championship and with 11 titles between them i hope it lives up to the billing, my heart says i'd love to see Hendry do the remarkable and win an eighth title but my head says Higgins will win this battle.... just !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

I feel the inconsistent Hendry will appear i'm afraid, in saying that the second round matches are best of 25 frames and played over three sessions, so a bad session can be clawed back so long as it's not a 7-1 or 8-0 deficit.
    Hendry during that first session against Bingham was awesome and was like the Hendry of old, but as we've seen during the season, one day he's fantastic the next he's missing blacks off the spot.
    Higgins on the other hand can and will only get better, but it is the world championship and with 11 titles between them i hope it lives up to the billing, my heart says i'd love to see Hendry do the remarkable and win an eighth title but my head says Higgins will win this battle.... just !!

agree with you zack, thats why i was hoping for liang to get through as his more open style of play would suit stephen. credit to john for sticking at it and he showed great bottle in the end to come through.

what do you make of mark allens comments, i think he will have to pull a sickie when next years china open comes round :p

agree with you zack, thats why i was hoping for liang to get through as his more open style of play would suit stephen. credit to john for sticking at it and he showed great bottle in the end to come through.

what do you make of mark allens comments, i think he will have to pull a sickie when next years china open comes round :p

The less said about him the better really, he's a sore loser and a bitter person. Five ranking events in China next season, he's going to have to pull some sickie!!
    I'll be very interested to hear what Hearn has to say about it today.

• Advertisement

Just getting some news in from Barry's Hearns press conference, main talking points are that Tony Drago and Luca Brecel will receive the European wild cards for next season and so will gain a place on the main tour with a two year exemption.
    Prize money will increase most notably the winner of the PTC Grand Final will receive £100,000.

And a Hearn classic, when asked about certain players comments..

'it's a great time to be a snooker player, not a great time to be an idiot' !

Advertisement