Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

5-0 to Perry. I've never seen Dott play so poorly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

5-0 to Perry. I've never seen Dott play so poorly.

Dott's in serious trouble here, he doesn't look anything like a player here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

zack01 wrote: »
    Dott's in serious trouble here, he doesn't look anything like a player here.

His shots aren't even rattling the jaws. Looks completely amateur out there :/

His shots aren't even rattling the jaws. Looks completely amateur out there :/

If Perry doesn't come out of this session at least 8-1 up he'll be kicking himself.

If Perry doesn't come out of this session at least 8-1 up he'll be kicking himself.

Dott just doesn't want to be out there now, there is no fight in him at all, he has already given up by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

whos on tonight folks?

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    whos on tonight folks?

Lee v Higginson

Selby v Hawkins

And 8-1 it was. Dott appreciating the crowd at the final frame, good to see. He'll be doing an all nighter practicing I reckon.

On another note, really looking forward to Higginsons display tonight

An interesting little bit of history will be made tonight at the Cruicble, it will be the first time both matches at the world championship will be refereed by women.
    The girl power doesn't stop there either, this afternoon Reanne Evans won her 8th woman's world championship, this time beating Ronnie O'Sullivans cousin Maria Catalano 5-3 in the final.

Statement released from Mark Allen.....

Mark Allen's management stable, OnQ Promotions, have issued the following statement on his behalf:

"Following my recent comments in the press conference after my first round defeat to Cao Yupeng, I would like to formally apologise to anyone who may have been offended.

"Having taken some time to reflect on my comments I can appreciate that I over-stepped the line at a time when I was heavily influenced by the emotions of a disappointing defeat.

"I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Cao Yupeng if he felt that my comments were insinuating he were a cheat. I stand by my opinion that the shot in question was a foul, but I also stand by my previous comments in the press conference that Cao was the better player and fully deserved to win. I genuinely wish him the best of luck for the rest of the tournament.

"I would also like to apologise to World Snooker. I appreciate the hard work by many people to grow our sport and I am truly horrified to think that my actions could be perceived to be detrimental to this.

"It is fair to say that this season has been one of ups and downs. The highs of winning my first ranking title and finishing runner-up in the UK championships have been overshadowed by some ill judged comments from myself.

"I realise that I need to ensure that my off table behaviour matches the standard and level of professionalism I set for my on table etiquette. I will return for the 2012-13 season with an improved approach to giving my opinions publicly."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Statement released from Mark Allen.....

Mark Allen's management stable, OnQ Promotions, have issued the following statement on his behalf:

"Following my recent comments in the press conference after my first round defeat to Cao Yupeng, I would like to formally apologise to anyone who may have been offended.

"Having taken some time to reflect on my comments I can appreciate that I over-stepped the line at a time when I was heavily influenced by the emotions of a disappointing defeat.

"I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Cao Yupeng if he felt that my comments were insinuating he were a cheat. I stand by my opinion that the shot in question was a foul, but I also stand by my previous comments in the press conference that Cao was the better player and fully deserved to win. I genuinely wish him the best of luck for the rest of the tournament.

"I would also like to apologise to World Snooker. I appreciate the hard work by many people to grow our sport and I am truly horrified to think that my actions could be perceived to be detrimental to this.

"It is fair to say that this season has been one of ups and downs. The highs of winning my first ranking title and finishing runner-up in the UK championships have been overshadowed by some ill judged comments from myself.

"I realise that I need to ensure that my off table behaviour matches the standard and level of professionalism I set for my on table etiquette. I will return for the 2012-13 season with an improved approach to giving my opinions publicly."
    "The Chinese, a great bunch of lads."

Daddio wrote: »
    "The Chinese, a great bunch of lads."

rightthere.jpeg

:D

Lee v Higginson is another match where i feel the seed will fall, a lot of people tipped Lee for these championships but Higginson is probably one of the hardest draws he could have got, Higginson has the experience albeit not at the Cruicble but i fancy him to beat Lee today.

Now why didn't I put a few bob on that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Now why didn't I put a few bob on that??

Wow! He played some super snooker this evening full of confidence, will be interesting to have himself or Jamie Jones in a quarter final.
    Higginson odds have been slashed into 33/1 with some bookies, but still has a long way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Just put 20 bean on Selby, how's he playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Selby needing 4 snookers, got 2 already, one amazing shot!

God damn you Selby. I'm tired.

6-3 to Hawkins. Very long session, both players must be exhausted after that. Entertaining bar frame 8. I don't mind a tactical frame but sometimes its just too much.

Day five at the Cruicble and here's what's coming up

3* Graeme Dott v Joe Perry
    13* Ding Junhui v Ryan Day

2.30pm
    8* Judd Trump v Dominic Dale
    9 Mark Williams v Liu Chuang

7pm
    7 Ali Carter v Mark Davis
    16* Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins

* denotes match to a finish.

I'm sure Greame Dott would rather be on his way home than to come out and try and prevent what I'm sure will be a formality and a win for Perry. He was just plain awful yesterday and Perry will want to wrap things up pretty quickly.

Ding v Day I feel is going to be a close one this morning, ding may not be playing great snooker but I still fancy him to win the match.

The afternoon sees Trump v Dale continue their match and again this is a match that could go to the wire. Dale had Trump on the rack yesterday and with Trump suffering with food poisoning he still couldn't put a foothold on the match. Another close one in store here.

Williams v Liu will be interesting enough considering one player thinks the venue is a sh**hole so the other should settle in and enjoy the class venue that the Cruicble is !! I can't see Williams losing though.

The evening sees Cater v Davis and I'm going to go for Davis here, quite simply carter has had a horrible season and Davis hasn't, Davis is on the verge of breaking into the top 16 and should do so with two wins here.
    The other match is Williams v Liu to a finish.

Enjoy

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

nice summary Zack :)

I'll be working at Punchestown again today and for the rest of the week so I'll be burning the midnight oil watching the BBC highlights...

• Advertisement

nice summary Zack :)

I'll be working at Punchestown again today and for the rest of the week so I'll be burning the midnight oil watching the BBC highlights...

You'll still have the second week, thats when the tournament really warms up !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I agree with you there, sometimes Williams can come out with the most ridiculous comments, to be honest i don't think he has a brain in that head of his, he probably could have worded it better, but the players have been warned before, personally i can't see him getting any type of ban, they will hit him with a fan and warn him to watch his future conduct.

Allen on the other hand really should have the book throw at him, it's one thing calling a venue a ****hole but it's bang out of order calling your fellow pro's cheats.

Yes delighted for Joe, i dont think in his wildest dreams could he have imagined how easy that was going to be. Dott seriously has to look at his game and see where he is going, coming to a world championship as a three time finalist and previous winner and putting up a performance like that must be soul destroying. You can accept it if your opponent just blew you away with superb snooker but Perry just went about his business and did what he had to do against a player who seemed from 3-0 down did'nt really want to be there.

So another seed goes, and on the other table a right battle is on the cards, Day had a chance to go 7-4 up but Ding nicks it and it's now 6-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Part of me wonders was Mark Williams having a sly dig at Allen, since in the same interview he expressed his preference for playing in China!

Anyway it's completely ridiculous from Hearn, if a footballer remarked they prefer to play in Anfield rather than Wembley or a famous singer opted for intimate small gigs over say Madison Square Gardens nothing whatsoever would be made of it.

• Advertisement

I think Ding has upped his safety play a bit imo. Day had the upper hand in the first session but Ding has swung back and has put Day into all sorts of bother. I think Ding will win it 10-7 :)

Advertisement