Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

zack01 wrote: »
    Out for a chinese in Sheffield tonight with a few people, no names but lets just say one had a sizeable break today !!!!

I'm not a bit jealous...:p Hope he gets a round in...;)

Ken actually looked delighted for Stephen after the 147 (I saw it on Youtube)...

Allen is struggling badly against Cao Yupeng...:)

Stuck a fiver on Liang to win 10-8 yesterday at 30/1. Looks like it may yet happen :) Higgins not looking so good, Liangs long shots are all over the place though. Luckily the one he put all his chips on paid off and he's 7-6 in front at the interval

I'll buy it off you for a tener...;)

Could be a nerve jangler alright...

Allen's missed another easy red on 36 in Frame 6. 4-1 down in frames...

Higgins just hit a 133 Break to make it 8-7 down. thats his 499th Century break. Amazing tally...:)

• Advertisement

Nerves getting to Liang. Higgins has another good chance in this frame to level the match...

8-8. both Higgins and Liang missing pots off spots...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

That last frame was pretty tense - Liang wasn't thinking straight when he struck that yellow. Higgins seems less lethargic than earlier, I think this is the part of the match where he's at his most dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

So much for my tenner win on Allen! The head looks a mess with him again tonight! It's hit or miss with Mark,if he's in the mood he can be brilliant but when he's not he's terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is the O'Sullivan - Ebdon match tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Watching two snooker matches online and now Brendan and chums...:)

jebforever wrote: »

Hasn't started yet...:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

**** ya Higgins!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Where did Liang get that break from ????????

On the wire...:)

How was that a foul? I have german commentary here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

How was that a foul? I have german commentary here...

Push shot. He did call it himself.

What a final frame this is........

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jebforever wrote: »
    Hasn't started yet...:)

I just read on the Beeb site that it takes place on Monday. That should be a great match, two completely different styles of play and the players aren't the best of friends to put it lightly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

ebbsy wrote: »
    Where did Liang get that break from ????????

Higgins wins 10-9. Say what you want about him but he has to be one of the greatest players to have played the game. He just doesn't know when he's beaten, in fairness to Wenbo he played great snooker today, that missed yellow to go 9-7 up will haunt him for a while.

All in all what a great first day of this years championships, it had absolutely everything, 7 tons, a maximum break and the defending world champion winning a final frame decider.
    It's just a pity Ken trails by such a margin but he's a battler and if he was to win three of the first four tomorrow eve then you never know, on the other hand three consecutive tons from Robertson showed his class and my pre tournament pick looks in good shape.

16 days to go and if they are half as good as today it's going to be some tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

in fairness to Wenbo he played great snooker today,.

Wenbo is a little hot-headed; prob. the main distinguish between himself and

Ding Junhui. Otherwise, he is capable of winning a title.

Pleased Higgins won. Having said that, I would like to see Liang

make the top 16 bracket ).

• Advertisement

Higgins wins 10-9. Say what you want about him but he has to be one of the greatest players to have played the game. He just doesn't know when he's beaten, in fairness to Wenbo he played great snooker today, that missed yellow to go 9-7 up will haunt him for a while.

All in all what a great first day of this years championships, it had absolutely everything, 7 tons, a maximum break and the defending world champion winning a final frame decider.
    It's just a pity Ken trails by such a margin but he's a battler and if he was to win three of the first four tomorrow eve then you never know, on the other hand three consecutive tons from Robertson showed his class and my pre tournament pick looks in good shape.

16 days to go and if they are half as good as today it's going to be some tournament.

How was your Chinese..?

How was your Chinese..?

Superb

Here's the line up for day two at the Cruicble.

10am
    4 Stephen Maguire v Luca Brecel
    11* Martin Gould 3-6 David Gilbert

2.30pm
    5 Shaun Murphy v Jamie Jones
    14* Mark Allen 4-5 Cao Yupeng

7pm
    2* Stuart Bingham 1-8 Stephen Hendry
    12* Neil Robertson 7-2 Ken Doherty

* match played to a finish.

All eyes I'm sure will be on the Maguire v Brecel match as the majority of snooker fans will get their first look of the Belgian teenager. Another debutant Jamie Jones begins his campaign today against former world champion Shaun Murphy. Stephen Hendry and Neil Robertson should wrap up their matches without too many problems. I feel Ken has left himself a mountain to climb, 6-3 down he may have had a chance but 7-2 down means he must win eight out of a possible ten frames. A huge ask against the Aussie.
    But the match I will have my eye on is Allen v Yupeng, I did'nt fancy Allen to go far this year but Yupeng may have missed a trick last night letting a three frame lead slip to just one over night. Once again Allen was having a moan about something,this time the table, it's funny but Gould, Gilbert, Doherty and Robertson all played on the same table yesterday and there wasnt any hint of dissatisfaction with the table. No surprise that I'll be cheering for Yupeng today then.
    Yesterday will be a hard act to follow but this championship has certainly made a lot of headlines already.

Latest at the mid sessions this morn

Maguire 4 Brecel 0

Gould 5 Gilbert 8

Brecel has had chances in every frame but his inexperience is really showing, really hope he can win a couple of the next five frames to keep in touch.

Away from the action, this story seems to be doing the rounds....

http://www1.skysports.com/snooker/news/12243/7692040/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Latest at the mid sessions this morn

Maguire 4 Brecel 0

Gould 5 Gilbert 8

Brecel has had chances in every frame but his inexperience is really showing, really hope he can win a couple of the next five frames to keep in touch.
    Brecel is clearly still a bit unsettled, but he has shown some flashes of brilliance. Potting that long black along the left hand cushion was something special, mad shot to take on. He does seem to be struggling a lot with position on the blue though - namely getting the wrong side then running into the baulk colours when trying to get back down the table, which is funny because he's been excellent elsewhere on the table. Also it's interesting to note that statistically he's ahead of Maguire in all areas except safety play - it may be 6-3 to Maguire but if Brecel could have calmed his nerves already he'd have stamped his authority all over the match. Looking forward to the conclusion!

Daddio wrote: »
    Brecel is clearly still a bit unsettled, but he has shown some flashes of brilliance. Potting that long black along the left hand cushion was something special, mad shot to take on. He does seem to be struggling a lot with position on the blue though - namely getting the wrong side then running into the baulk colours when trying to get back down the table, which is funny because he's been excellent elsewhere on the table. Also it's interesting to note that statistically he's ahead of Maguire in all areas except safety play - it may be 6-3 to Maguire but if Brecel could have calmed his nerves already he'd have stamped his authority all over the match. Looking forward to the conclusion!

Totally agree with you, Brecel actually out scored Maguire over the nine frames but still finds himself 6-3 down. Those last two frames will have settled him and although I expect Maguire to win the match it might just be a tense second session.

Great win for Dave Gilbert today, considering he lost his place on the tour last season, then won his place back on the tour through Q School and now finds himself in the last 16 of the world championship. Remarkable achievement.

Hi lads and lasses.

I think Brecel will do Maguire over ;)

Yupeng has Allen over a barrel here. 8-5 up. come on Cao...:)

looking forward to Ken tonight. If he can win the first mini session 3-1 it could get very interesting. Either way its great to see him compete at the highest level...

• Advertisement

Hi lads and lasses.

I think Brecel will do Maguire over ;)

Yupeng has Allen over a barrel here. 8-5 up. come on Cao...:)

looking forward to Ken tonight. If he can win the first mini session 3-1 it could get very interesting. Either way its great to see him compete at the highest level...

Brecel will have to cut out the unforced errors if he is to stand any chance, I still fancy Maguire to come through there.

Looks like Allen could be on his way home and to fair to him he hasn't really played any decent snooker. In saying that Yupeng needs only one more frame as I type this Allen has just pulled one back, as always that last frame always seems to be the hardest one to win. Allen has to throw caution to the wind and just go for it now.

As much as we all want Ken to win tonight I really feel he missed a trick yesterday and the match certainly turned in the sixth frame when Ken had the chance to level at 3-3, instead Robertson won that and the remaining three frames. 7-2 down i believe is too much a deficit to claw back against a player of Robertson's standard.

Advertisement