Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Great way to insult one of the core traditions of the sport...:(

I think he is trolling the droolers that will come out of the woodwork once a year and cry 'DISGRACE';)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

I think he is trolling the droolers that will come out of the woodwork once a year and cry 'DISGRACE';)

Could not agree with you more.

Great way to insult one of the core traditions of the sport...:(

To be honest I wouldn't expect anything better from him, really sums him up as the person he is.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

zack01 wrote: »
    I do, I travelled with him on the tour for 11 years, '92 - '03

I see :)

Well wish him all the best from Boards...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JBarnes1986

To be honest I wouldn't expect anything better from him, really sums him up as the person he is.
    Yep,Williams and his twitter buddy,Allen,come across as the most arrogant pair in the game.

• Advertisement

I see :)

Well wish him all the best from Boards...:D

I certainly will, he may not be doing as well these days but he's a very popular player and I'm sure the reception he gets when he enters the arena tomorrow night will show that.

Yep,Williams and his twitter buddy,Allen,come across as the most arrogant pair in the game.

When you look at what the game has given them over the years and the remarks and comments they give back you would wonder if they don't like it why dont they pack it in.
    Arrogance is only the tip of the iceberg with those two.

When you look at what the game has given them over the years and the remarks and comments they give back you would wonder if they don't like it why dont they pack it in.
    Arrogance is only the tip of the iceberg with those two.
    I think with Williams,there's a fair bit of tongue in cheek there as well but Allen is a different kettle of fish.His lack of respect in unbelievable.His slagging off of Stuart Bingham,"no bottle,no balls" quote was so disrespectful.I know Ken has had his issues with him as well over the last few years.The guy is just a P****k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Tbh I think he is trolling Mark Allen who made similar comments in China recently. :D

'WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS just around the corner. shame its played in the crucible, shxt hole, hopefully it will be in china soon'

As tweeted by Mark Williams this morning !!

More on this .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17786195

• Advertisement

Ha,ha!The funniest thing he said was that he'd rather play in Pontins,sounds about right for him.He's a classy guy is Mark.

Criticism of Trump, fair or unfair??

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=799846/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

To be fair I like Trump's attitude. Make the most of life etc, so he should enjoy spending his money and do whatever he pleases in his spare time, as long as he still puts in the practice and has the love for the game.

To be fair I like Trump's attitude. Make the most of life etc, so he should enjoy spending his money and do whatever he pleases in his spare time, as long as he still puts in the practice and has the love for the game.

I say good luck to him, he has a great talent, has brought many new fans to the sport, he knows what he has to do to win,and he puts the hours in practising with the likes of O'Sullivan and Lisowski at the Grove in Essex. It's typical of the tabloids to run a story like this around this time, they even had him down as earning £500K last season!!

I say good luck to him, he has a great talent, has brought many new fans to the sport, he knows what he has to do to win,and he puts the hours in practising with the likes of O'Sullivan and Lisowski at the Grove in Essex. It's typical of the tabloids to run a story like this around this time, they even had him down as earning £500K last season!!

Here's a far more honest piece on Judd Trump and surprise surprise it doesn't come from a tabloid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/snooker/9217692/Judd-Trump-leads-younger-snooker-players-revolution-who-put-entertainment-and-victory-ahead-of-safety-first.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SkyDiving

Can anyone tell me when coverage starts for the snooker please?

Flights just sorted, I'm heading over saturday afternoon for two nights to catch Ken's match. Back Monday morn then back over for the final w'end.

Flight at 12.30 to Manchester, a lift waiting and should be sitting in the press room by Ken's mid session interval.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Flights just sorted, I'm heading over saturday afternoon for two nights to catch Ken's match. Back Monday morn then back over for the final w'end.

Flight at 12.30 to Manchester, a lift waiting and should be sitting in the press room by Ken's mid session interval.

Great, enjoy the match! Best of luck to Ken :)

Higgins begins his defence by winning the first frame, a scrappy frame with both players having several chances. This could well be the way this match goes with Higgins winning more of the scrappy frames. Wenbo is the type of player who doesn't seem fazed by the Cruicble, it's going to be a tough match but I still fancy Higgins.

• Advertisement

Daddio wrote: »
    Great, enjoy the match! Best of luck to Ken :)

Will be following all the action online until I get to the venue.

Talk about putting pressure on the teenager!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17790378

Good man Barry. Anyone with love of snooker love the Crucible...:)

Gilbert is looking very smooth against Gould. A surprise for me if he goes on and wins the match...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Liang looking good against Higgins atm. Some very decent safety play by him. Currently 3-3, looks like it'll go 4-3 to Liang

Higgins begins his defence by winning the first frame, a scrappy frame with both players having several chances. This could well be the way this match goes with Higgins winning more of the scrappy frames. Wenbo is the type of player who doesn't seem fazed by the Cruicble, it's going to be a tough match but I still fancy Higgins.

Just checked the score and I'm not surprised to see it 5-4 to Higgins and from what I've heard Wenbo should be leading by a couple of frames at least. But as I said before Higgins will win ugly if he has to. Sets it up nicely for tonight though.
    Meanwhile I'm about 50 mins drive from Sheffield!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Nice to see Ken kiss the ground as he walked into the Crucible arena just now.

Shows how much it means for him to be back there.

Just arrived !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

Lapin wrote: »
    Nice to see Ken kiss the ground as he walked into the Crucible arena just now.

Shows how much it means for him to be back there.

thought it was a bit cringeworthy and the dubliners playing during his entrance was borderline paddywhackery

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Ack, Ken just missed a chance for a 147 in the second frame. He didn't get going properly in the first frame so it was always going to be a tough opportunity. Still would have been so sweet to see Ken make a 147 in the Crucible. He's never made one in Tournement play has he?

Advertisement