Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Ack, Ken just missed a chance for a 147 in the second frame. He didn't get going properly in the first frame so it was always going to be a tough opportunity. Still would have been so sweet to see Ken make a 147 in the Crucible. He's never made one in Tournement play has he?
    No I don't think so - he famously missed the final black off its spot on a previous attempt.

Feeling quite tense watching this match against Robertson, I don't think Ken could have had a much tougher draw for the first round. What's the feeling like between the two - do they get on well with each other or is there any bad feeling between them?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ken 3-1 down the interval. I think 2-2 would be justified though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Daddio wrote: »
    No I don't think so - he famously missed the final black off its spot on a previous attempt.

Feeling quite tense watching this match against Robertson, I don't think Ken could have had a much tougher draw for the first round. What's the feeling like between the two - do they get on well with each other or is there any bad feeling between them?

Yeah I remember that, it was at the 2000 Masters and he had a chance to win a sports car. I think they get on very well. I saw them sharing a joke in between frames earlier on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Watching Hendry on a max in the press room, unbelievable !!

147 for Hendry!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Magic!

zack01 wrote: »
    Watching Hendry on a max in the press room, unbelievable !!

Outstanding!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

147 for Hendry!!!

Savage!

Say what you like about the bbc commentators, but John Virgo certainly knows how to create suspense. Edge of the seat stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Great start to the tournament :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

One of the greatest sportmen of all time. What a hero.

Had him at 35/1 to have top break for the tournament too :pac:

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    One of the greatest sportmen of all time. What a hero.

Had him at 35/1 to have top break for the tournament too :pac:

35/1 what a bet, collect the money my man.

Meanwhile back to Kens match, bad safety by Ken hanging the last red, Robbo dishes up and although it's 4-2 that could be a big moment in the match.

Meanwhile back to Kens match, bad safety by Ken hanging the last red, Robbo dishes up and although it's 4-2 that could be a big moment in the match.
    Yeah I'd say that hurt - I certainly felt it here on the couch! What do you make of Hendry's form? Seems to be really enjoying himself out there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Quite the sickener that. He could badly do with getting it to 4-3 as opposed to 5-2. I feel Robertson is getting his act together now...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

I can't believe ken left that shot on the red it really was a terrible shot and should be 3-3.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

And it's 5-2 to Robertson. Come on Ken!

I notice one of the forum regulars who goes by the username StephenHendry has been quiet lately. hmmm... :P

I notice one of the forum regulars who goes by the username StephenHendry has been quiet lately. hmmm... :P

He'll certainly have plenty to talk about tonight. 8-1 up overnight, faultless performance which included the magical maximum.
    Incredible.

And it's 5-2 to Robertson. Come on Ken!

6-2 now and the last frame has become huge. That hung red in the sixth frame as I suspected has become huge.

• Advertisement

7-2 sigh. The annoying thing is you can't say Ken didn't have his chances.

7-2 to Robertson with three tons on the spin.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Well I am raging. I've missed all of today's snooker due to unforseen circumstances. 7 - 2 down for Ken, ouch :( Reading here it seems it could/should have been 6 - 3 or even 5 - 4..?

And on the other table I miss a 147 from Hendry. Well done Stephen by the way...:)

Whats it like in the Players' Lounge Zack? Hope Ken isn't too down...

Is there any live snooker on Eurosport now? There's nothing on the streams...:(

Matches on eurosport 1+2 now I think. Liang Wenbo had a decent chance for the second 147 of the day, but missed a near straight red into the left black pocket. Not sure if it was nerves, or applause from the other table that put him off. He's playing very well though, despite the scoreline being level Higgins looks under an awful lot of pressure.

Matches on eurosport 1+2 now I think. Liang Wenbo had a decent chance for the second 147 of the day, but missed a near straight red into the left black pocket. Not sure if it was nerves, or applause from the other table that put him off. He's playing very well though, despite the scoreline being level Higgins looks under an awful lot of pressure.

I'm in...:)

I think its a German commentary :)

Michaela is looking so good tonight...;)

6-6 with Liang among the balls...

Well I am raging. I've missed all of today's snooker due to unforseen circumstances. 7 - 2 down for Ken, ouch :( Reading here it seems it could/should have been 6 - 3 or even 5 - 4..?

And on the other table I miss a 147 from Hendry. Well done Stephen by the way...:)

Whats it like in the Players' Lounge Zack? Hope Ken isn't too down...

Out for a chinese in Sheffield tonight with a few people, no names but lets just say one had a sizeable break today !!!!

• Advertisement

Stuck a fiver on Liang to win 10-8 yesterday at 30/1. Looks like it may yet happen :) Higgins not looking so good, Liangs long shots are all over the place though. Luckily the one he put all his chips on paid off and he's 7-6 in front at the interval

Advertisement