Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Hope you feel better Muffin <3

Just took a quick walk to Tesco to grab some things before it closed, the street and pretty much the shop were deserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

For those who posted in the Exercising Outdoors thread - now would be a good time, no-one around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

For those who posted in the Exercising Outdoors thread - now would be a good time, no-one around!

haha, keep thinking of everyone running off at half time to put the kettle on :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Woop woop.Level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

A few new books for my kindle = :D

Bit concerned that I'm watching TV5 and I can't fully understand the coverage of the French legislative election results though :/

• Advertisement

haha, keep thinking of everyone running off at half time to put the kettle on :)

Yeah. POWER SURGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

The picture on my tv looks like its raining at the match. Is anyones tv like that also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Somebody wake me up when all this football shite is over. Everything is riddled with it, tv, fb, boards, others forums, ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    The picture on my tv looks like its raining at the match. Is anyones tv like that also?
    It is raining at the match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It is raining at the match :)
    I just realised that. I'm such an idiot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Didn't realise you were down here. What's the name of the band

Hey, I'm currently in Masons watching the match. The band is Leap of Fate, it's my older brothers band :) Are you heading out tonight?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Has anyone ever used those safe food overweight measuring tapes? I used one just out of curiosity to see how I measured up and to my surprise it told me that I'm just overweight! The thing is I'm a size 10 and wouldn't consider myself to be all that big. Yea I have a few problem areas like my pot belly and big legs but not enough to consider myself overweight so I'm a little confused now. It's getting into my head now. I can only imagine how those tapes can screw a girls head up if she already had weight issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Feck off, football.

Has anyone ever used those safe food overweight measuring tapes? I used one just out of curiosity to see how I measured up and to my surprise it told me that I'm just overweight! The thing is I'm a size 10 and wouldn't consider myself to be all that big. Yea I have a few problem areas like my pot belly and big legs but not enough to consider myself overweight so I'm a little confused now. It's getting into my head now. I can only imagine how those tapes can screw a girls head up if she already had weight issues

The thing about weight is that you can't just use one measure (weight, BMI, waist measurement) to determine your optimum weight. But the ads, weight loss shows, marketing companies etc rarely tell you that. There's so much misinformation about the whole thing that it's beyond ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

They are a load of boll!x. Same as bmi, doesn't take muscle into consideration.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'm about a 31" waist so i don't care what measuring tapes tell me
    another inch off maybe and i'm fine

my self campaign to dress better continues
    i finally have two TWO pairs of new shoes that aren't black and i could wear to work :rolleyes:
    i hope the next in jervis has good clothes im looking for, ill be shopping tomorrow big time
    need beige/light trousers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Acoshla wrote: »
    Somebody wake me up when all this football shite is over. Everything is riddled with it, tv, fb, boards, others forums, ugh.

Thank god there is somebody else :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I feel really upset again right now and I don't know why. All I want to do is cry, yet I can't cry because the tears just won't flow.

Chinese on the way, hopefully it can cheer me up, even a tiny bit. Got special chow mein, never had it before, hopefully it is nice.

Still have 1/4 bottle of wine, tempted to drink it tonight, but know I shouldn't as I'm still not 100% better.

I don't want to lecture but alcohol is a depressant so maybe have a nice cup of tea or something instead... :)
    hope you feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm a guy who doesnt watch football, this makes me a weirdo apparently

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Hey, I'm currently in Masons watching the match. The band is Leap of Fate, it's my older brothers band :) Are you heading out tonight?

Ah no, still on crutches so didn't want to be wobbling around a pub. Raging I'm missing being able to go out for the football (as well as loads of other stuff) :(

There's two dogs in a house across the road from us and they literally spend all day barking. Anytime a car passes they start barking, we live on the main N25 between Waterford and New Ross so you can just imagine how many cars pass! It's driving me mad today.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »

My boyfriend doesn't watch it either. We were in town on Friday and I was admiring the bunting and flags all around the place and he said "what's that for?" I said "The euros" and he said "What's that?" :pac:

Ohai. Welcome back to the thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I called you odd not a weirdo.

Kiera wrote: »

I know you did, someone else called me a weirdo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I know you did, someone else called me a weirdo :pac:
    Ah that's ok, I was being nice by calling you odd. You are a weirdo :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Ah that's ok, I was being nice by calling you odd. You are a weirdo :p

I am a weirdo, I dont think that as an insult :pac:

awec wrote: »
    Keane taken from behind

is this football?? :pac:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement