Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ugh, being sick sucks.

Am on a diet of toast, crackers and plain biscuits until I'm feeling anyway better.

Of course, I'd just have to have a craving for a cheese burger and chicken nuggets from my favourite takeaway, can almost smell the vinegary chips and chipper smell, making my stomach grumble for food.

Digestives it is, for now at least.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Ah. Right. One of the many films I haven't seen.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Download it right now!!! You'll love it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Best of luck on Monday Julybreeze. I can understand you not wanting to talk to your friends about it since they are abroad but remember we are all here if you ever fancy a chat. :) Congrats on your exam results too.

Tomissex, so sorry for your loss. :( Take care of yourself hun.

That_Guy, thanks for posting To Build A Home. I love that song but I haven’t listened to it in ages so thanks for reminding me of it. I’m off to listen to Ma Fleur. :D

Had a crappy few days mood wise but I’m feeling a bit better today. We sort of have a pet robin in our back garden atm and I’ve been trying to get some pictures of her. She flies into our kitchen and perches on the worktop at the back door and pecks at the crumbs we leave out for her. She turns her head from side to side listening intently to us and it’s just so cute. She’s just so gorgeous and she makes me smile every time I see her. :D

My brother and a few of his friends headed off to the Euros last night. I’ve no interest in football but I’m excited for him. He works hard so he really deserves this holiday. :)

Also, I have ice-cream. Nom nom nom. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I love my brother, I am so lucky to have him despite wanting to kill him most days. I let my car run out of petrol like a fool and now am broken down. I have to laugh cause if I don't I will cry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Looks like my dad has to use a wheelchair :( Fingers crossed it's only temporary.
    I told him I'd get him rainbow streamers and kelloggs reflectors to pimp it out...

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »
    I love my brother, I am so lucky to have him despite wanting to kill him most days. I let my car run out of petrol like a fool and now am broken down. I have to laugh cause if I don't I will cry

Poor you, that's the second time in a few days you've had car issues... Think you need to get yourself a book on cars for girls... or put petrol in your car when that shiny orange light comes on ;)

Low_fuel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Thanks for all the support guys, means a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've put on weight again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

kIQbQ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    kIQbQ.png

That pic made me spill my tea I laughed so hard :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

coco_lola wrote: »
    Poor you, that's the second time in a few days you've had car issues... Think you need to get yourself a book on cars for girls... or put petrol in your car when that shiny orange light comes on ;)

Low_fuel.jpg
    Haha, the second time in two days!! I ended up meeting one of my close male friends a few months ago one drunken night out. He had just broken up with his girlfriend and i was giving it whack daddy o dogging her into the ground and I guess it was then he realised what a catch I was ;)
    anyway, I've avoided him ever since and tonight he came over and helped me. I was so embarrased, double-ly embarrased from being broken down and the shame of the cut of me the last night I was out with him. He went off and got me petrol and wouldn't take money off me and goes "do you know what you do, next night were out buy me a drink". Scarlet. We all know what happened last time we met each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Feeling SO down :(

Alone in my new house tonight and I'm paranoid and last night one of my roommates kissed and slept with the guy I've been texting and just I'm a mixed bag of emotions. I'm not a huge crier but my eyes keep welling up and I full on bawled like a baby when I saw them last night and then again this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

kIQbQ.png

:eek:

There's no need for that thankyouverymuch! :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Vinta81 wrote: »

Alone in my new house tonight and I'm paranoid and last night one of my roommates kissed and slept with the guy I've been texting and just I'm a mixed bag of emotions. I'm not a huge crier but my eyes keep welling up and I full on bawled like a baby when I saw them last night and then again this morning.

Hugs, darling.

That sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

:D:D I cycled 60km today! The guy I went with is a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Big hugs for Vinta, thats not nice at all. Icecream pet. Make it.... Haagen Daz, Pralines and Cream :D Bit of a temporary cure, though I'd scream at her to be fair...

I'm in such a happy dancey mood today. And the tunes in work today were SO good, I think Classic Hits fm must have released their imprisoned good DJ, it was awesome :D

I also had the quote "I can't answer the phone, I'm half naked" today in work... the joys of retail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

"You can't sit with us!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Bit of a temporary cure, though I'd scream at her to be fair...

It's him I'd scream at :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I lost about nine pounds in three weeks. Im delighted cause I have been trying, cut out crap, eating healthy and going to the gym. Its a start and i have another stone and a half, maybe two stone to go.

I went and treated myself today after three weeks. Rather than scoffing a big chocolate bar, i bought a very soft pair of pyjamas in tk maxx. I don't normally wear pyjamas but these are comfy. Cleaned my room and nice clean bedclothes with a cup of tea in bed. Couldn't be happier right now.:)

Also, since starting my diet I havn't had a migraine in three weeks. Used to get them weekly for a few months. So i probably gave up whatever that was causing them. I can stick to this healthy eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Vinta81 wrote: »

Sorry to hear this, at least you know now exactly what he is like before things got serious between you and you had stronger feelings. You dodged a bullet with this one, count yourself lucky, although it hurts.

As for your housemate, did she know you and him were texting each other? If she did then personally I wouldn't see her as a friend (that assuming she is a friend apart from housemate) and I'd have nothing more to do with either of them. It's gonna be awkward for you both living together, esp if it's more than a one night stand for them. :(

I feel like absolute shíte right now, just want to cry, dunno why. Damn depression :(

• Advertisement

I ate so much yesterday that I haven't eaten anything other than fruit today. I'm actually still full.

We went to Lisloughrey Lodge for a tasting menu meal and a night's stay. 7 courses. It took 3 and a half hours and it was fupping phenomenal. I could have died happy last night and I very nearly did.

It's a gorgeous place to stay as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

impromptu night out with one of my college friends! Just trying to figure out how to get to her :) YAY!!

well so much for that! she had to cancel at last minute :(

on the plus side i had an awesome day, ended up going to a park and being a weirdo with my friends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

kIQbQ.png

That's my boyfriend's face most nights, when he mentions yet another movie I've never seen!

It's usually followed by "Ah he-ahhhrrr! Yaaarrr tuuurrrr-i-bullllllll" in a big Duuuub accent (it's adorable! :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I lost about nine pounds in three weeks. Im delighted cause I have been trying, cut out crap, eating healthy and going to the gym. Its a start and i have another stone and a half, maybe two stone to go.

I went and treated myself today after three weeks. Rather than scoffing a big chocolate bar, i bought a very soft pair of pyjamas in tk maxx. I don't normally wear pyjamas but these are comfy. Cleaned my room and nice clean bedclothes with a cup of tea in bed. Couldn't be happier right now.:)

Also, since starting my diet I havn't had a migraine in three weeks. Used to get them weekly for a few months. So i probably gave up whatever that was causing them. I can stick to this healthy eating.

That's the best kind of treat. Well done on your weight loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Life has been really crazy the past few weeks so am only getting a chance to pop in now to see how everyone is doing. I hope any problems anyone has are little ones and that life is generaly good to everyone. Huge hugs all round :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I ate so much yesterday that I haven't eaten anything other than fruit today. I'm actually still full.

We went to Lisloughrey Lodge for a tasting menu meal and a night's stay. 7 courses. It took 3 and a half hours and it was fupping phenomenal. I could have died happy last night and I very nearly did.

It's a gorgeous place to stay as well.

Holy Jesus Christ 7 courses :eek:

Holy Jesus Christ 7 courses :eek:

Yes!

And we thought they'd all be tiny but they weren't. And they were too delicious so we just kept eating.

Such a good anniversary, we had epic chats too, and kissing in public like a pair of puke-monkeys.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Aw sounds lovely DK :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Such a good anniversary, we had epic chats too, and kissing in public like a pair of puke-monkeys.

a_ldisgust_0604.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Links234 wrote: »
    I've put on weight again :(

thats a sign of contentment that is :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement