Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Night out in Waterford tonight. Watch Ireland match, see band and consume alcohol! Not often I get to drink with the bf as he's usually in the band on stage but not this time :)

Not getting too dressed up, skinny jeans, flats, dress top and a bit of makeup :D

Need to pick up batteries as well so I hope I don't forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »
    blue doritos are lovely

feckin hands and back are killin me after the cello

im going to KILL whoever keeps beeping that fcuking horn outside shut the fcuk up!!!

thats what I have, big blue bag and hot salsa dip, om om nom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Cans open, footy on, roommates not home <3 I hope 'she' doesn't come home till tonight I'm enjoying the peace and quiet (besides the blaring tv :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I'm not a big drinker, but I've discovered the delight that is Baileys and ice cold milk... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm not a big drinker, but I've discovered the delight that is Baileys and ice cold milk... :)

oh, no
    watered down or in creamy coffee for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Baileys as a drink is icky.

Baileys as a cheese cake is yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Baileys as a drink is icky.

Baileys as a cheese cake is yummy!

totally agree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Thanks everyone.
    i will set it Ito 5 when I get home.
    the chicken did smell off but id eaten half of it by then. Havnt been sick, so I must be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.
    i will set it Ito 5 when I get home.
    the chicken did smell off but id eaten half of it by then. Havnt been sick, so I must be ok

i hope so hun food poisoning is a bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Balls, I always thought 1 was the coldest ... as in, I thought 1-5 meant 1 degrees -> 5 degrees. :o

Must fix that now ... :o

• Advertisement

We have two fridges. One regular fridge freezer and one small fridge. The regular one is a teeny bit on the warm side, and the small one half freezes food if it's on the coldest setting. Temperamental things are fridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I think it has to be the fridge.
    Ive thrown out loads of raspberry's lately, and i hate throwing food out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

The OH has curled around me on the sofa and dropped off on my chest. We are meant to be going out. I really don't want to wake him though. He is lovely :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

just watched 50/50, moving and inspirational

and it had this song which was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Just been to see Snow White & the Huntsman. Great movie, I really enjoyed it :) Visually, it was beautiful.

Only thing was, I'm pretty sure the bunch in front of us were drinking and down the front was a bunch of teenagers that kept standing up in front of the screen, walking in and out and talking SO loudly during the movie like they were on their own, but the place was packed. /rage

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I saw it yesterday and quite liked it too! The queen's brother reminded me of Boris Johnson though :P

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cork beating Kerry :D

getting baileys and malteaser cheesecake :D:D:D

heading home from Kerry now, absolutely wrecked, dunno why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Mozerella and tomato chicken
    homemade chips
    homemade potato salad
    apple and celery salad
    spicy chilli and sweetcorn fritters
    white chocolate and peppermint mousse
    double baked cheesecake
    white chocolate cheesecake
    white chocolate with homegrown strawberries

it was a good dinner in my friends house i may have gained about 70 stone and waddled home but it was worth it!

and now for teeny nap and drinkies later :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Just been to see Snow White & the Huntsman. Great movie, I really enjoyed it :) Visually, it was beautiful.

I must have been too tired when I went to see it because I actually didn't like it. It felt like it was such a sequence of things happening, which then loosely resembled a story but it just felt so monotonous and forced and kind of blocky (if that makes any sense). I really am going to blame the tiredness instead of the movie because it doesn't look like anyone else thinks that. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Albection wrote: »
    I must have been too tired when I went to see it because I actually didn't like it. It felt like it was such a sequence of things happening, which then loosely resembled a story but it just felt so monotonous and forced and kind of blocky (if that makes any sense). I really am going to blame the tiredness instead of the movie because it doesn't look like anyone else thinks that. :o

I thought it was ok, nothing amazing, looks lovely and Theron is great in it, but Stewart is just a horrible, horrible actress. its beautifully shot and the production design is amazing but I dunno, was just good not great. they're making a sequel naturally :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I feel really upset again right now and I don't know why. All I want to do is cry, yet I can't cry because the tears just won't flow.

Chinese on the way, hopefully it can cheer me up, even a tiny bit. Got special chow mein, never had it before, hopefully it is nice.

Still have 1/4 bottle of wine, tempted to drink it tonight, but know I shouldn't as I'm still not 100% better.

I feel really upset again right now and I don't know why. All I want to do is cry, yet I can't cry because the tears just won't flow.

Hope you feel better soon. It's never a nice feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

My Dad has successfully guilt-tripped me into watching the match with him. :eek:

My brother is gone to the Euros with friends so Dad is missing the male presence and having him here to give out about players/the referee with so I guess I’m gonna be his surrogate son for the next 10 days! I have never sat through an entire match in my life so this is gonna be interesting... :o

It’ll be nice to have some father-daughter time together though, even if it is over football! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Moved into the new place today, it's in the country and VERY quite. Not sure what I'll be like in the middle of the night if I wake up and scare the sh!t out of myself over some animal noise.

Has that match started or what? Could be why it's so quite. If it's on now, when does it end?

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Moved into the new place today, it's in the country and VERY quite. Not sure what I'll be like in the middle of the night if I wake up and scare the sh!t out of myself over some animal noise.

Has that match started or what? Could be why it's so quite. If it's on now, when does it end?

Just started. Will be over no later than about 9.40.

Croatia in front already :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Chinese on the way, hopefully it can cheer me up, even a tiny bit. Got special chow mein, never had it before, hopefully it is nice.

Still have 1/4 bottle of wine, tempted to drink it tonight, but know I shouldn't as I'm still not 100% better.

You shouldn't rely on food to make you happy.

I climbed Croagh Patrick today and bitched and moaned the whole way up. Slipped on the way down and boy is my ankle killing me now.

Treating myself with a nice hot bath, clean bed sheets and clean pjs. Happy out :D

Hope you feel better soon. It's never a nice feeling.
    Thanks hun, hopefully I'll feel better soon.

The mother isn't helping things, she's in a bad mood over nothing and biting the heads off everyone.

I'll return the favour if she keeps it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Cheers thanks, I'm defo thinking that it must be the reason for the lack of people around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Night out in Waterford tonight. Watch Ireland match, see band and consume alcohol! Not often I get to drink with the bf as he's usually in the band on stage but not this time :)

Not getting too dressed up, skinny jeans, flats, dress top and a bit of makeup :D

Need to pick up batteries as well so I hope I don't forget!

Didn't realise you were down here. What's the name of the band?
    bluewolf wrote: »
    just watched 50/50, moving and inspirational

and it had this song which was lovely

That's a great film.
    evil girlfriend though
    Just started. Will be over no later than about 9.40.

Croatia in front already :(

No negative thoughts. I just keep saying to myself that was less than 3 minutes in, we have at least 87 minutes to score.

• Advertisement

You shouldn't rely on food to make you happy.
    I'm not, we had nothing in to cook for dinner to had to get a takeaway.

I just meant that hopefully it could lift my mood a bit, not change it completely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement