Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    has it even worked since launch day? not a pc gamer so havent been keeping it up with, know there was horrible issues though

Issues with it on tuesday and part of wednesday,its been fine until today,I'm try and get in again now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Spent the day with the inlaws, I honestly feel so lucky to be marrying into such a great bunch of people, both of my exes families were nuts, I have been welcomed into this awesome group of people, it's great :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Home from Kildare - no idea where we were in Kildare, only to say North Kildare but to say it seemed like the roads weren't great for ages getting there! Left the house at 8.20am, back 8.30pm - flying to London in the morning, nothing sorted, have to leave here around 6am. Wrecked already, and have to sort my stuff and shower etc. I really just want to go to bed!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Howya Ladies, Haven't posted in the last couple of volumes, lurked on and off but never got round to posting because....I FINALLY GOT A JOB :D:D. Not just any job, my dream job. I've gotten really involved with now so working all the hours I can, literally working my arse off (I've lost a stone and a half in the last four weeks)

Hope everyone is happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

krudler wrote: »
    has it even worked since launch day? not a pc gamer so havent been keeping it up with, know there was horrible issues though

Yeah, I was just playing it there for a little now. :)

It's absolutely fantastic... while it works. it's crazy that they require an online connection while even playing a single player game, so basically all the servers are insanely busy and mega stupid lag issues abound too. yeah, there's crazy lag in a single player game. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Howya Ladies, Haven't posted in the last couple of volumes, lurked on and off but never got round to posting because....I FINALLY GOT A JOB :D:D. Not just any job, my dream job. I've gotten really involved with now so working all the hours I can, literally working my arse off (I've lost a stone and a half in the last four weeks)

Congrats :)

Did you get a job in a sauna?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Trying my hand at a shepherds pie tonight for dinner, having it late tonight but it feels really early tonight!

Kiera wrote: »
    Congrats :)

Did you get a job in a sauna?

Almost, it's greenhouse work so it can get very hot. Very physical work so it's like getting paid to work out all day.

Had a few sneaky pints this evening, prob will regret it in the morning but for now I still have the goo on me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Been cooking lasagne since like 3:30. Totally worth the wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Yeay! I was actually thinking of you the other day and where you'd gone. Congrats on the new job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just playing it there for a little now. :)

It's absolutely fantastic... while it works. it's crazy that they require an online connection while even playing a single player game, so basically all the servers are insanely busy and mega stupid lag issues abound too. yeah, there's crazy lag in a single player game. :rolleyes:

ugh, thats the problem with gaming these days, too much emphasis on online stuff and its a cost to the single player, same as those stupid EA servers for Battlefield

bubblefett wrote: »
    Yeay! I was actually thinking of you the other day and where you'd gone. Congrats on the new job!

Yeah, it's funny I got accepted in the second round of the start your own business course the same day I got the job.

How'd you get on with it in the end?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congrats on the new job Ophiopogon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Yeah, it's funny I got accepted in the second round of the start your own business course the same day I got the job.

How'd you get on with it in the end?

Haha, it's funny how things work out :) Half the class dropped out by the time we were half way through the course, think only about 7 people attended all the way through. It wasn't great to be honest, your much better off with work :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I done posted that thing that bluewolf knows about but I don't want to go hooring on here.

Phew. Now back to my ales of the British Isles and looking at pictures of pretty people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I done posted that thing that bluewolf knows about but I don't want to go hooring on here. .
    Eh? You speak English goodly?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

watching Signs, flawed movie but has some really cool scenes, and the music is phenomenal. the bit with the alien on the roof still creeps me out. "there's a monster outside my window can I have a glass of water?"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »
    Eh? You speak English goodly?

:p

Verily, I do!

Ale!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I got my first birthday card today. Love cards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i was going to watch a film but i lost my hard drive! :(
    my internet is far too slow to watch anything online!
    On the plus side Father Ted is on.....the racist episode! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Getting on great with my mam the last few months, makes a very nice change from how things used to be. She got me a coke today just because she knew I'd like one and we were talking about Paris earlier and it didn't end up with us screaming at each other (it would have done a few months ago, for sure). Yay for progress :)

Bedtime now, hope it helps with my headache! 'night everyone :)

On the plus side Father Ted is on.....the racist episode! :D
    I love that episode! But then I love all Father Ted episodes. :pac:

Hope you feel better in the morning, almostnever.. glad to hear you and your mam are getting on well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Spelled fidderence instead of difference :( I think I need to go to sleep.

I see poor Robin Gibb has lost his battle with cancer. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just spotted on the bodyrock website that they now have an app for iphone and android phones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My aunt died today. What an amazing woman. Fought a battle for 43 of her 48 years. She still managed to be the life and soul of the parties we had and she treated almost all of her nieces and nephews like the children she could never have.
    Life is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Im very sorry to hear that Mars Bar. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Very sorry to hear that MarsBar.

~~

I feel sick. As in genuinely ill. :( That doesn't bode well for the last minute cramming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My aunt died today. What an amazing woman. Fought a battle for 43 of her 48 years. She still managed to be the life and soul of the parties we had and she treated almost all of her nieces and nephews like the children she could never have.
    Life is unfair.

:(
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Congrats on the job.
    Novella wrote: »
    I got my first birthday card today. Love cards. :)
    Happy Birthday, hope you have a fab day :)
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Life is unfair.
    Very sorry to hear this Mars.

I have a horrible tension in my head all day, don't know why, hope it fecks off soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement