Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Shepherds pie came out deadly, needs a few tweaks next time but still so scrummy!

Planning out how next year is going to go, lots of changes going on :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

****, I'm actually broken. :/

Hope I'll be better in the morning.

Especially my eyes. I currently look like one of those 28 days later "zombies". First person to see me tomorrow will probably bludgeon me to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

sore head :( damn you sneaky sunday pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Off to the dentist in an hour to get a root canal done. He says it "won't hurt"... hmm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    sore head :( damn you sneaky sunday pints.

How many did you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I'm sick and I would have stayed in bed only I have work again today and since it's temporary I'm not really in a position to ring in sick.

I had about 5 minutes sleep last night and I've had a headache all weekend and it's made an appearance already this morning. I've rooted about in my bag but I don't have any panadol. I think it's going to be a long day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

weekends are so not long enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Very sorry to hear that, Mars Bar.

Wrecked tired today, stayed up til midnight (not a good idea when the baby wakes at 4 to feed) cos it was the last day of the french league, Montpellier won, but the match had to be stopped 3 times because stupid asshats from Auxerre were throwing all sorts of things on the pitch (tennis balls, toilet paper, tomatoes, fireworks) and the match got delayed by more than 30 mins cos the riot police had to remove the troublemakers. Still, great win!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sorry for your loss Mars Bar. xx

I woke up this morning feeling like I was the worst asshole in history and completely useless. For absolutely no reason. All I can put it down to is a bottle of beer I had last night (I got 5 British beers for a tenner in Tesco) this one was called "The Governer" by Marco Pierre White.

So I'm blaming MPW for my self-loathing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Why can't it be Sunday for 2 days? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Posy wrote: »

Ooh I don't like Sunday, there's always way too much work that I forgot to do that I have to get done then! :P

Sorry to hear about your loss Mars. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Posy wrote: »

Oh i'm not a fan of Sundays. Saturday is my fav day. I'd like two of them a week please :)

or just let everyone have two midweek days off, I'm off wednesday this week and its a great day to have off, in for 2 days, off then back thursday and then its the weekend again, breaks up the week nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh i'm not a fan of Sundays. Saturday is my fav day. I'd like two of them a week please :)
    I still get shivers thinking of that horrible moment on Sunday night when the Glenroe theme tune comes on, and I haven't my homework finished...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

What a night! Last weekend of being behaved. This weekend is going to be crazy. Edinburagh, let's be havin ye.

I still get shivers thinking of that horrible moment on Sunday night when the Glenroe theme tune comes on, and I haven't my homework finished...

ha the terror that only Irish children know, 9pm on sundays, judgement hour. Did anyone else ever do that thing where Glenroe would end but your parents didnt realise the time and hadnt sent you to bed, so you'd just sit on the couch as silently as possible until they noticed you :pac:

Dentists are liars!

Also have to go back on SATURDAY NIGHT. What kind of crazy country is this.

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Dentists are liars!

that sucks! crazy ass Indians and their lack of weekend etiquette

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dentists are liars!

krudler wrote: »
    that sucks! crazy ass Indians and their lack of weekend etiquette

Well I can recommend the Nitrous Oxide for a nice drunky feeling. So Suzie you could feel like you were in a club listening to house music and blowing a whistle. Or maybe that was just me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Booked a gym assessment thingy for this morning, completely forgetting I had gig tickets last night. V hungover and may fall off crosstrainer. But it's far too short notice to cancel. Ugh!

• Advertisement

Don't think there's any nitrous oxide on offer... today he even tried to start drilling without giving me an injection or any sort of anesthetic. In true Irish style, I demanded dem drugs.

Also the dental surgery has 2 dentists chairs side-by-side and 2 dentists working at the same time, so not only is there another patient in the room but there's also their mother, sister, brother, uncle and several small children, ALL STARING AT THE WHITE WOMAN. Dear jaysus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Don't think there's any nitrous oxide on offer... today he even tried to start drilling without giving me an injection or any sort of anesthetic. In true Irish style, I demanded dem drugs.

"okay the anesthetic should be working now *tries to take out my tooth*"
    "OWWWWW"
    "oh does that hurt? are you sure it's pain and not just..."
    "YES I KNOW IT HURTS"
    "huh okay more anesthetic then..."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

This dentist talk is timely. Have to get a filling replaced in the morning. At least I know this time, last time the (other) dentist injected anaesthetic without even mentioning it, or the fact I needed a filling :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

This dentist talk is timely. Have to get a filling replaced in the morning. At least I know this time, last time the (other) dentist injected anaesthetic without even mentioning it, or the fact I needed a filling :eek::mad:

Kinda similar thing happened to me thought I was getting one filling but got two. I'd much prefer it that way, I have less time to panic about it if I only find out a few minutes before it happens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

never had a filling or anythin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Leinster Rugby broke me... I feel like I played the shaggin' match. What a weekend, though!

Why the hell didn't I take today off work???

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't wait to get out for a run in that weather after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

It's defo the weather to get out and get fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Trying to get through the large classes module it's really long and I'm not getting it:( 8 days left and three more certs to get I don't know if it'll happen.

A big dirty bluebottle is going around the room now annoying the crap out of me.

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    It's defo the weather to get out and get fit.

in the sunshine? :eek: not a chance

*hides indoors*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement