Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Starting to get excited about London now. :) I hope I like it, it's somewhere I'm seriously considering moving to in the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Kiera wrote: »
    You just need one break to get you out there. I remember that feeling when I first started looking for jobs at 16. Ended up working as a carer in a nursing home which in turn got me interested in nursing.

Fingers crossed for you!

I hope one comes soon! I dont think i could stick living with the mammy for a whole year!!

Just need enough money for my masters or enough money to emigrate or something!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I feel like i should have my own Concern tv ad... "Just 2 music students a week will ensure Fluorescence can afford food. 6 will allow her to pay for rent and internets. 15 students will ensure Fluorescence can save enough for next year's education. Have a heart - let Fluorescence teach you music!"

:pac:

have you applied to Waltons and stuff

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

bluewolf wrote: »
    have you applied to Waltons and stuff

Not in almost 2 years. Must go in this week with some sexified cvs, show off my encyclopedic knowlegde of useless music facts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Went to go see 'The Raid' and bought new clothes. Lasagne in the oven, bottle of beer and have the original 'Total Recall' waiting for a first viewing.

Sunday's aren't all that bad. :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    I have just cooked stew, got a few beers and have the 24 boxset here I'm going through.

Lazy sunday, from start to finish! :)

I'm envious of you starting 24 for the first time pal. Seriously good TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Is everyone drinking beers on a school night? My boss is off tomorrow so maybe I'll pop open one can :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm envious of you starting 24 for the first time pal. Seriously good TV.
    I've seen it all about 3 times mate. :pac:
    Kiera wrote: »
    Is everyone drinking beers on a school night? My boss is off tomorrow so maybe I'll pop open one can

I enjoy a quiet beer or 2 in the house now and again. Or a glass of vino!
    Oh I'm just having max 2 beers. There will be no starfish tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i eated my book
    om nom

time to pack up and head up to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Has anyone here seen 10,000 BC? It's on TV tonight, but I'm not sure whether to chance watching it or not? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

no sorry, can't stand the stockholm syndrome film

You'll never make me stop loving Beauty and the Beast!
    retail or waitressing or baby sitting! Im flexible for any of them!

The best thing about these kinds of jobs (from your point of view) is that they're very transient in nature; people constantly leave retail and catering jobs all the time so you should keep applying to the same places on a regular basis, you never know when something might open up. If you're looking in Dublin, keep an eye out for places whose business will pick up with summer tourist business as well, even museums, galleries, tour groups etc.

I have to move all my stuff home from Dublin tomorrow, the effort of it! So glad to see the back of that apartment though, it was not fun!

Steak for dinner, om noms :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I feel like i should have my own Concern tv ad... "Just 2 music students a week will ensure Fluorescence can afford food. 6 will allow her to pay for rent and internets. 15 students will ensure Fluorescence can save enough for next year's education. Have a heart - let Fluorescence teach you music!"

:pac:
    What musik do you teach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Diablo can go to hell. :mad:

Avox wrote: »
    Has anyone here seen 10,000 BC? It's on TV tonight, but I'm not sure whether to chance watching it or not? :D

It's the only film I've ever walked out of.

I've been very good and haven't eaten white bread for nearly a week now- but I did make a sponge cake today and just had three slices. Oooops.
    Ah well- I regret nothing!! :p

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's the only film I've ever walked out of.

Is that the one with Jack Black and McLovin from Superbad??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Posy wrote: »
    What musik do you teach?

None right now, but I'm hoping to start in the next few months. I reckon I'll offer tin-whistle, flute and piano to grade 5 level and theory to grade 8. I need to iron out a lot of details first before I could plausibly start :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is that the one with Jack Black and McLovin from Superbad??

that was Year One, also awful. 10,000 BC has ridiculously pretty cavemen fighting sabretooth tigers, or something, I watched it while only half paying attention to it, twas awful.

• Advertisement

None right now, but I'm hoping to start in the next few months. I reckon I'll offer tin-whistle, flute and piano to grade 5 level and theory to grade 8. I need to iron out a lot of details first before I could plausibly start :o
    Wow. You is talented! :)
    I did 3 years of piano lessons in Waltons from when I was about 22, got to grade 4 and then gave up. It's one of the things I most regret. :(
    When I have my life sorted out, I will go back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

my grandmother is always at me to start teaching music :rolleyes:
    zero interest
    i play for me

My dad has been on at me for the last 10 years to teach music. Even after I quit piano classes after grade 6 and insisted I had no interest in pursuing it other than a hobby. He still bangs on about 'ah but would you not go back and do your teaching cert?' Eh? No.

Pixie-Fairy would you consider working as an au-pair in Ireland? I was offered a live-out job with one family in a good area in South Dublin a few weeks back for about 700 per month. I couldn't take it because it was too low for me, I have to pay own baby-related expenses etc. and would have the cost of living wlsewhere but it could be ideal for someone without a family. Just as an idea - I was potentially being offered a double room with an en-suite and sky, wi-fi, phone access for free. I would also have had use of a car, meals provided, right next to main bus routes etc. and €700 per month on top of that. The work isn't bad either, about 20hours per week looking after two school age kids, light housework basically just tidying up after them, putting on the odd wash and making their lunches and 1/2 nights babysitting per week, dropping them to summer camps, play dates and the rest. Might be worth looking into :)

krudler wrote: »
    that was Year One, also awful. 10,000 BC has ridiculously pretty cavemen fighting sabretooth tigers, or something, I watched it while only half paying attention to it, twas awful.

Oh right! Just looked it up.....it looks like a terrible movie and so does year one!

Think ill stick to something decent tonight but i dunno if there is anything good on the hard drive i have here....i left the better hard drive up in Dublin! :(

i could teach i suppose, should get a teaching cert if i wanted to

but i dont so there we go

my notes arrived
    fun times

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/120520-201121.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    Diablo can go to hell. :mad:

has it even worked since launch day? not a pc gamer so havent been keeping it up with, know there was horrible issues though

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Just waiting on my homemade "fry" pizza to cook (Basically just a homemade pizza with sausage, rasher and pudding.. nom! :D).

Then to watch that DIY Brides show and there's a different good film on 5 at 10pm (Perfect Stranger). Good night's plan! :D

Just waiting on my homemade "fry" pizza to cook (Basically just a homemade pizza with sausage, rasher and pudding.. nom!
    I have plans to start making my own pizzas from scratch. Fun times ahead!

Lola92 I was looking into au pairing abroad. But i want to sort out a few things before i get into it to be honest! I will defo look into au pairing in Ireland! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

I am going to read over my notes and then have a bath.
    I WILL get off my arse and do this. I WILL.

(waaaay too lazy today, although I did make a cake so it wasn't totally unproductive at least..)

• Advertisement

*Double post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement