Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Mmmmm, beer. Might have a few tonight, been studying all day.

It's such a nice day, I might even fire up the barbeque :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Finally got my car today! Absolutely love it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Finally got my car today! Absolutely love it

Is it a Mustang, Shelly?

/gets coat :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I feel like pizza tonight. LIKE PIZZA TONIGHT!

Studying going ok.
    had a moment where i saw a question on an exam paper and went
    http://farm1.staticflickr.com/131/319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

but then i muddled through making up stuff and got it right anyway so
    http://hbucollegian.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/success-kid-i-hate-sandcastles-ayer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I'm having a lot of luck today! :)

This morning I found my iPod, which had been missing since November

The gods of luck are watching over me today, maybe I should do the lotto :pac:

My iPod has been missing since December, think it got nicked out of the car, sometimes I forget to lock the car at night. Bought myself a new one 3 weeks ago...

Off to a table quiz tonight. Should be fun. Been ages since I was out, I'm driving and I'm bringing along 2 friends. Hubby staying home with the kiddies :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Sadly not! An Indian brand called Kingfisher. It's not bad!

Can't say I've heard of it,I must try cobra again,didn't like it the last time I tryed it :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

bluewolf wrote: »
    I feel like pizza tonight. LIKE PIZZA TONIGHT!

Studying going ok.
    had a moment where i saw a question on an exam paper and went
    http://farm1.staticflickr.com/131/319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

but then i muddled through making up stuff and got it right anyway so
    http://hbucollegian.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/success-kid-i-hate-sandcastles-ayer.jpg

No better feeling! After getting off to a great start things got a lot worse...this has been me for most of the day, my brain hurts! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah it's good, i'm less panicked than i usually am and i still have a few days to go to wrap up loose ends
    of course, the pass rate for this exam is about 35-45% so eh i don't know how this will translate into marks, but anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

That's brilliant, you can't beat feeling relatively calm and having a bit of time to smooth out any remaining issues beforehand! Is it a scary professional exam where you don't know the pass mark in advance?

Mam just told me two horses in the Grand National today had to be put down, poor poor things. :(

That's brilliant, you can't beat feeling relatively calm and having a bit of time to smooth out any remaining issues beforehand! Is it a scary professional exam where you don't know the pass mark in advance?
    yup
    Mam just told me two horses in the Grand National today had to be put down, poor poor things. :(
    :(
    yeah, i'm ok with horse racing in general i think, but i won't bet on those ones where they have a high rate of injury, and definitely no dog racing with the way they treat them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Can't say I've heard of it,I must try cobra again,didn't like it the last time I tryed it :-/

Pretty sure they don't sell it outside of India... the quality isn't great so no one would buy it! Not much choice in this small town to be honest so I think it's grand. Have to say, am looking forward to a proper pint of the black stuff when I get home.

How often are tLL beers? Likely to be one in August/ September mayhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Sadly not! An Indian brand called Kingfisher. It's not bad!

I had Kingfisher beer in Portugal. It was dirt cheap and pretty tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Pre marriage course in the bag, *happy dance*. It was really good fun, we were the giddiest most immature couple by a mile, I think that's a good sign. Far too many dirty jokes and comments muttered at each other, spent most of it just trying not to laugh at him, all loved up now :):o

He's off to a stag so I get to spend the night with my other true love, bad tv! :pac:

Misread that as 'dirt cheap and pretty nasty'... which is what most people say about it here! I think it's fine, no complaints.

Don't get me started on Indian wine though... holy jaysus. Ever buy one of those €3 bottles of wine in Aldi? Yep, that's what all Indian wine tastes like. *Shudder*

:(. :(. :(

Poor horses'

I would love to see a ban on using the whip and have the fences lowered.

My nephew by marriage trains horses in California, he had a winner Daubi 2 or 3 years back, he minds the horse as if it were his child...

Acoshla wrote: »
    Pre marriage course in the bag, *happy dance*. It was really good fun, we were the giddiest most immature couple by a mile, I think that's a good sign. Far too many dirty jokes and comments muttered at each other, spent most of it just trying not to laugh at him, all loved up now :):o

He's off to a stag so I get to spend the night with my other true love, bad tv! :pac:

Never did one of those, the upside of getting married in a registary office :D

i want to go to india too

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

We were meant to do our pre marriage course this weekend but we had to postpone it cos all the paperwork has to be dated within 6 months of the wedding. I was looking forward to getting it done and out of the way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Where'd you go?

I remember that loved up feeling after it. <3

Although I think there was more competition for immaturity at ours, we had great craic with the other couples, still see two of them regularly.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    We were meant to do our pre marriage course this weekend but we had to postpone it cos all the paperwork has to be dated within 6 months of the wedding. I was looking forward to getting it done and out of the way.

What? We were told there was no time limit on doing the pre marriage course?

• Advertisement

Bluewolf - I'm here til August, you're welcome to visit! I have a free couch you can kip on :)

:D
    where in india are you?

What? We were told there was no time limit on doing the pre marriage course?

We're getting married in Spain;)

bluewolf wrote: »
    :D
    where in india are you?

I'm in Bhubaneswar, known as the temple city of India. It's about 400km south of Calcutta on the East Coast - only 60km from the mighty Bay of Bengal!

We're getting married in Spain;)

And that's the reason is it? Thank Christ, my heart. I knew ye were getting married there but for a few minutes I thought I'd made a massive f-up! was thinking "Surely they'd have said something when we said our wedding date if we shouldn't be there!" :pac:

And that's the reason is it? Thank Christ, my heart. I knew ye were getting married there but for a few minutes I thought I'd made a massive f-up! was thinking "Surely they'd have said something when we said our wedding date if we shouldn't be there!" :pac:

Breathe!!!

Yeah, for a Spanish wedding all the legal paperwork has to be dated within 6 months. Must actually go introduce myself to our priest :p He has to write to the priest in Spain to tell him we're not criminals:D

Breathe!!!

Yeah, for a Spanish wedding all the legal paperwork has to be dated within 6 months. Must actually go introduce myself to our priest :p He has to write to the priest in Spain to tell him we're not criminals:D

And apparently I need a letter of freedom from every PARISH I've lived in since 18, including abroad. That's 7 parishes, I don't even know what I'd do about the abroad one. I read on their website that it was a letter from every county you ever lived in and if it was more than 3 you could get a letter from someone else (can't remember who or what) that saved you all that bother. Must check it again.

What to have for dinner, pizza? Supermacs? :)

And apparently I need a letter of freedom from every PARISH I've lived in since 18, including abroad. That's 7 parishes, I don't even know what I'd do about the abroad one. I read on their website that it was a letter from every county you ever lived in and if it was more than 3 you could get a letter from someone else (can't remember who or what) that saved you all that bother. Must check it again.

What to have for dinner, pizza? Supermacs? :)

We have to get one from the government buildings but that's all I think...I'm not looking forward to the paper work bit...it looks complicated...I don't like complicated:pac:

Oh and get super macs. nom nom nom.

Have chinese ordered. Gonna have to be rolled down the aisle :D

• Advertisement

My problem with Supermacs is it's always gone so fast. I always get a cheeseburger and chips, burger is gone in seconds, so small! Need Burger King, it's too far away though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement