Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kynzvart

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    had a row with my mam :( I never, ever fight with her, she's the type of mam who is my friend too.. So am in floods of tears cryin now :(

I am quite sure you will make it up. I never row with my girls,they are 30, and 37, life's to short and I love the to much to row.So come on pick up that phone and ring her, or text her or e mail her I think you'll feel much better if you do. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Acoshla wrote: »
    My problem with Supermacs is it's always gone so fast. I always get a cheeseburger and chips, burger is gone in seconds, so small! Need Burger King, it's too far away though.

Get a mighty mac and taco chips. With diet coke. Balances it all out:D

Shur a cheese burger and chips is only like a starter:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Get a mighty mac and taco chips. With diet coke. Balances it all out:D

Shur a cheese burger and chips is only like a starter:)

I can't do it, I can't eat more than the cheeseburger and chips without feeling like a fat savage, the meat is so crap, but I *love* their cheeseburgers!

NO!! I will get a chicken kebab from the awesome local kebab place, takes ages to eat, and has loads of salady stuff. Win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Poor synchronised :(

Mmmmm kebabs are yummy...I approve :D

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »

Awful, isn't it? The owner looked like he didn't care:(

Awful, isn't it? The owner looked like he didn't care:(
    So sad and yeah JP has plenty more like him so why would he? ( can't do angry smiley on my phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm going out now, yippee! :D Om nom nom, cocktails! :D

I hate horse racing like that, so unfair that the animals get so badly fecking injured and put down as such a routine thing.

It's horrible:(

Those jumps are too high too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

And apparently I need a letter of freedom from every PARISH I've lived in since 18, including abroad. That's 7 parishes, I don't even know what I'd do about the abroad one. I read on their website that it was a letter from every county you ever lived in and if it was more than 3 you could get a letter from someone else (can't remember who or what) that saved you all that bother. Must check it again.

...the hell? Seriously?

This is just for a church wedding, I assume? None of this rigmarole for a civil ceremony, I hope!

(not that I have to worry about getting married for a while, maybe ever, heh)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah it's just for a church one

i'm not christian anyway but super glad i'm not, considering all that faffing around

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

And apparently I need a letter of freedom from every PARISH I've lived in since 18, including abroad. That's 7 parishes, I don't even know what I'd do about the abroad one. I read on their website that it was a letter from every county you ever lived in and if it was more than 3 you could get a letter from someone else (can't remember who or what) that saved you all that bother. Must check it again.

What to have for dinner, pizza? Supermacs? :)

that seems needlessly complicated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

kynzvart wrote: »

I am quite sure you will make it up. I never row with my girls,they are 30, and 37, life's to short and I love the to much to row.So come on pick up that phone and ring her, or text her or e mail her I think you'll feel much better if you do. Good luck.

Thanks :) She text & apologised, said she was stressed, so I told her to open a bottle of wine & relax... It's happy hour somewhere :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm a big ol' nervy bag of nerves. Bleh. I can't even sit still I'm fidgeting so much! :o

I have icecream sitting out of the freezer, just goingto leave it out for a few minutes and then have some, nom :D

It's horrible:(

Those jumps are too high too.
    But the other side of that is they wouldn't put them in the race if they thought they couldn't do it. JP has lost a lot of money with him being put down so maybe he was in shock rather than not caring?

But the other side of that is they wouldn't put them in the race if they thought they couldn't do it. JP has lost a lot of money with him being put down so maybe he was in shock rather than not caring?

Yeah that's very true. I just hate seeing animals getting hurt. Makes me sad:(

...the hell? Seriously?

This is just for a church wedding, I assume? None of this rigmarole for a civil ceremony, I hope!

(not that I have to worry about getting married for a while, maybe ever, heh)

Yep church wedding.
    krudler wrote: »
    that seems needlessly complicated

The option I read is grand, just one letter of freedom to say you're not married anywhere before, the parish notion seems a bit much, but she was wrong about something else so that could be old info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Something/someone just confused me. I either they're stupid or I am, and I really don't think I'm stupid which must mean they've said something so stupid I can't understand what they're on about

But I'm still confused

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

I have a friend who really saps the energy out of me emotionally. She is extra-ordinarily needy and turns to me for constant affirmation and reassurance. I love her dearly and she is a lovely person but needs to grow a bit of a backbone and learn to make decisions for herself. She'll ask for advice and I'll give it - she'll then act on what you say,even if she doesn't want to and when it goes t**s up she'll say 'you told me to do it'. You have to constantly watch what you say.

As I say I love her dearly but she goes through phases of where she calls on the phone very day. If you don't pick up you could get 20 missed calls in quick succession. If you totally ignore calls because you are doing something else she'll freak out.

She is in her mid 20s and really should be more mature as she also has a job to hold down. I want to help her out but when she hangs on EVERY single word I say it is difficult. She isn't able to read between lines you have to be very blunt.

Had a two hour phone call with her today - going over the same thing again and again - reassuring, re affirming etc. When she rang me I told her I was out and it would be hard to talk - never once during that conversatino did she say 'sorry am I keeping you or I'll call you later'. I tried to go three or four times but to no avail.

I feel like a horrible person but it really drains me.

Time to open the wine I think

• Advertisement

UpCork wrote: »
    I have a friend who really saps the energy out of me emotionally. She is extra-ordinarily needy and turns to me for constant affirmation and reassurance. I love her dearly and she is a lovely person but needs to grow a bit of a backbone and learn to make decisions for herself. She'll ask for advice and I'll give it - she'll then act on what you say,even if she doesn't want to and when it goes t**s up she'll say 'you told me to do it'. You have to constantly watch what you say.

As I say I love her dearly but she goes through phases of where she calls on the phone very day. If you don't pick up you could get 20 missed calls in quick succession. If you totally ignore calls because you are doing something else she'll freak out.

She is in her mid 20s and really should be more mature as she also has a job to hold down. I want to help her out but when she hangs on EVERY single word I say it is difficult. She isn't able to read between lines you have to be very blunt.

Had a two hour phone call with her today - going over the same thing again and again - reassuring, re affirming etc. When she rang me I told her I was out and it would be hard to talk - never once during that conversatino did she say 'sorry am I keeping you or I'll call you later'. I tried to go three or four times but to no avail.

Time to open the wine I think

I couldn't be doing with that at all, I personally would've told her to feck off and be a grown up quite a while ago, but you're probably much nicer than me, many people are :)

UpCork wrote: »
    I have a friend who really saps the energy out of me emotionally.

Nah, you're not a horrible person.

I've been in your shoes, it is draining. Bet you never get to talk about your own stuff, amiright? :cool:

I scrapped kebab plan, forgot we had gorgeous Goulash leftovers and savoury scones to go with it that boyfriend made yesterday, delish and nowhere near as bad for me as takeaway would have been, yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Nah, you're not a horrible person.

I've been in your shoes, it is draining. Bet you never get to talk about your own stuff, amiright? :cool:

No. If you say your tired/stressed out etc it's well 'you should be me'. She isn't a friend you can vent to yet she does all her venting to me. I know that friendship isn't tit for tat and I don't expect it to be, but it's the constant expectation that you are to be at the other end of the phone - I wouldn't mind if she had a serious calamity but most of the time it is 'I had a fight with my Mother, what will I do, she hates me'. I mean when you are 16, fair enough, but mid 20s

There is no happy medium - she is either so miserable she's bordering on not even being able to speak, or so hyper she makes no sense - no middle ground. You also can't have downday if she is having a good day - you are 'spoiling the fun'. Yet her good days could come once every three months and you might only have a really down day once every six months (I usually keep my bad days hidden from her but sometimes it's hard too).

Thing is she is a lovely person just very hard to engage with on any level and she takes it all to heart and gets overly emotional. She is also very naive, but when you warn her and look out for her - you are the baddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hate horse racing like that, so unfair that the animals get so badly fecking injured and put down as such a routine thing.

I agree and there needs to be a change in the Grand National and possibly across the board regarding animal safety methinks.

I've heard a lot of people today giving out about horse racing and how inhumane it is but to be fair, these views are coming from people who only watch the main races during the year because of mainstream coverage.

Yes, it's extremely sad for all those involved with horses that have been put down but horse racing gets a bad rep from those that don't watch regularly and of course a negative spin will be put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

What to have for dinner, pizza? Supermacs? :)

Stuff like that makes me dread a church ceremony- me and the OH are different religions and I know it's going to be a headache.
    I'll keep pushing for a Vegas service...

bubblefett wrote: »
    Stuff like that makes me dread a church ceremony- me and the OH are different religions and I know it's going to be a headache.
    I'll keep pushing for a Vegas service...

Fear not, I was right, I can get an affidavit from a solicitor stating I've never been married, easy :) Different religions don't complicate things too much from what I've read, gettingmarried.ie has lots of info.

My mom wanted us to get married in Vegas, but then my grandad couldn't be there and my Dad would throw a fit because we wouldn't invite him there, and boyfriend's giant family wouldn't be able to come which would devastate them.

So what's everybody doing on their Saturday night?

*edits post*

Never mind, here's not the place to be debating sport :o

There's a dog barking non-stop next-door. Always happens when she's on her own, poor thing :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Fear not, I was right, I can get an affidavit from a solicitor stating I've never been married, easy :) Different religions don't complicate things too much from what I've read, gettingmarried.ie has lots of info.

My mom wanted us to get married in Vegas, but then my grandad couldn't be there and my Dad would throw a fit because we wouldn't invite him there, and boyfriend's giant family wouldn't be able to come which would devastate them.

So what's everybody doing on their Saturday night?

arguing on the internet instead of studying or walking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Saturday Night, watching Fringe and doing a bit of writing. Going to have a nice glass of wine in a while.

The baby threw me a bone earlier: "I love Mama."

I choose to ignore the fact that I featured in a list of loves that included Daleks and Scrambled Egg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement